All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: My Russian Love affair
Post Number:#11  PostPosted: 20 Jan 2009 13:41 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Living at our home in the UK

My problem now is that I don’t have enough free time to post frequently but as a friend married to a Russian Woman told me (on another board) after I got married…… it’s all the way down hill now…… freedom days are over and these Russian Women know how to keep you busy and out of mischief!

As you know Hanna and I have spent over a year building our relationship and have lived together for more than 5 months as a husband and wife, there and here…… so we had plenty of time to get to know each other, bridging the gap of cultural differences, resolving many other problems and making sure that we want to live together for the rest of our lives.

I have to say and it is very true; You must have plenty of patience and determination to succeed.

I have/had plenty of patience, rivers of patience, ocean of patience and still wasn’t/isn’t enough when you have a relationship with a Russian woman but I am happy and certain at the knowledge that Hanna married me only because she fallen in love with me and she loves me for who and what I am and not for any other reason, especially financial gain. Of course, I love Hanna for who she is and I thank my luck for meeting her. The love of a good woman - even if she does often frustrates you, is the best thing that any man can ever hope to have.

We have been back home, from Russia, just over a week now… and after adjusting for the jetlag….. we have started the slow process of getting her Resident card, registration with doctor, Bank account and so on and on. We are looking around to find the right place and course for her to improve her English to a fluent status….. but all the good courses start in September.

Meanwhile my garden has been neglected by the person who was looking after it… he is over 82 years old and now he is in hospital and guess who wants to fix it … in one day…..and make it great again……. Her majesty, my darling wife Hanna!

These Russian Women don’t know how to relax ……. But Hanna slowly is learning and she loves most of the things here especially the good service with a smile and how helpful people are at the shops. All my neighbours made her feel welcome and only the weather is not as hot as is in Ufa, +38 C right now. Of course I am always around to help her with everything and she is adjusting very quickly!

Early days yet and I don’t forget the honeymoon period and her holiday summer time is still on (she was a teacher in Russia) so I must wait for later for better impressions.

One thing I know though that we are both very happy right now!

Over the past month we have made an application for her Resident Card, under the European Directive but we have to wait for six months to be issued. England is a very sought after country for living and working right now and the immigration from the new EU countries continue in big numbers, so we have to wait.

Meanwhile we have had a lot to do with other jobs and necessities, like register with a Doctor, Bank account etc. I must not forget to tell you that Hanna has worked very hard on our garden and now is looking great and I am very proud of her! All I have to do is water the flowers and all of them blossom.

Hanna is studying English daily on line and on the 24 September she will start a language course for 10 weeks.

Before I forget here is the link for this excellent and FREE program.

Headway English Course

At the end of this month and after her birthday on the 31 August Hanna is going back to Ufa to visit mother and family. Meanwhile I have to stay here because of other commitments and to take care of the installation of our new kitchen. I hope they will do it while she is away…… but who knows. I have to wait and see.

One thing I am not happy about is the bad weather during July and August has curtailed our movements around and I have not had many opportunities to show her around or visit many places…… but we have plenty of time in our hands in the future.

Post Number:#12  PostPosted: 20 Jan 2009 14:06 
Admin

Living in the UK

As I have told you before, Hanna has been here since the 8 July and I think she has done very well, sofar, improving her English when she can understand very well the fast talking motor mouth wiz 99% of the time. In social gatherings, talking to neighbours, meeting friends and shopping she is doing also very well as she manages to communicate, chat and discuss on her own very well with other English people and few of them are not English borne. The next step of course is for her to start attending the language course in September and continue improving her grammar and more.

Rome after all has not been build in a day but I expect by Christmas she will be speaking English very well. I can only guess that after one year she will be fluent. In any case today she is feeling very comfortable speaking English all the time and that is what matters for us now.

As days go on she keeps orientating herself better and better and she likes England, places we visit and her life here. Naturally she is missing Russia but not in a big way, as I was afraid she might!

Because of the big delay in receiving the Resident Card and the stupid Russian law which obligates the Russians to change their passports when they become 45 years old, we decided to take this window opportunity for her to go to Russia, change her passport, see family and friends and then when she returns we will apply for a Shegen visa to Greece, which is FREE, and go to Greece for a week or two weeks holiday before joining the language course!

Hanna went back to Russia on the 31 August 2008, stayed for a month and changed her Russian Internation Passport to her married name. She applied on the 5 September, the Moscow Passport Department issued her passport on the 16 September but the woman in the Ufa Passport Office delayed giving her the passport till the 5 October. Another petty jelaoucy local official!

Holiday in Kos island - Greece

When Hanna returned to the UK from Russia on the 5 October we decided to go for a belated honeymoon to a Greek island so quickly we booked a week’s holiday in Koss island, where we had a wonderfull time and returned home on the 22 October 2008.

Photos from our holiday in Kos - Greece.

Back to school to improve her English.

On our return back home, Hanna continued her ESOL local course and in January/February she hopping to join an advance English course at the local college to improve her English to enable her to pass the IELTS test at a 5 or higher Level. .

We have already applied and recognised her Russian teaching Diploma, which is equivelant to an English Bachelor’s Degree and once she passes the language test then she will be able to work as a Teacher of Mathematics in a secondary school.

Unfortunately the Home Office has not issued her Resident Card, yet, but for the moment that is not a big problem, as with her Entrance Visa, she has already all the same rights living in the UK as any other British Citizent!

Post Number:#13  PostPosted: 21 Jan 2009 11:36 

Her/His Country: UK
Times_to_FSU: Many times
Wiz

I enjoyed reading your travel report and adventures in Russia and I wish you and your beautiful wife, Hanna, every happiness in your married life.

Thanks for posting your story and also those nice photos.

I hope you will post more updates later.
[veryhappy.gif]

Post Number:#  PostPosted: 24 Jan 2009 17:55 
Fun read , Wiz .
I can't tell if you are big and your beautiful wife is small in frame with nice figure .

You write well , enjoyed reading .

I need to spend more physical time with my gal , like you , I mean in person , not just the daily phone calls .

Post Number:#15  PostPosted: 03 May 2009 07:47 
Admin

Make sure you understand what love is!

On another thread I have posted the following statement:

You know you're married to a Russian Woman when... you realize that she truly, deeply loves you, just the way you are!

That was always in the back of my mind when I started looking to find a Russian woman to share my life.

Love is everything that suppose to be and that is why people are cynical about it. Love it’s really worth fighting for and risking everything in the process but you risk even more if you don’t take that risk.

There is an ancient saying, "Where love is, no room is too small." I would point this out to those who believe their marriage failed due to financial reasons.

I have been married to my Russian Wife Hanna for nearly a year now, and we have been together for 2 years. If you ask me (in my first year of marriage), do my wife and I love each other, I would say unequivocally said "Yes, of course!"

However, I must clarify that during this period I thought a lot about it and made sure that I didn't mistook affection, sexuality, and mutual dependence to be love.

Like the Russian wives who followed their Decembrists Husbands into Siberia, love is something more. When you share it with another person, they will never part with it - never! Without it, all relationships are just temporary.

Today my wife and I are in fact very much in love. Not everything is pefect but we give as much as we can to each other, often sacrificing our own individual freedoms and desires to do so.

Love is an art based on one principle - the principle of giving. If you don't know how to give then you don't know how to love. If you don't know how to love then you in turn, most likely, will not be loved.

Make sure you understand what love is, and what it is not.

Post Number:#16  PostPosted: 05 May 2009 23:07 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

Times_to_FSU: 10+
Hi Wiz,

Finally I found time to read your great story and I personally can identify with so much of what you say, its a great insight of what most people can expect if they are to follow this journey of an international relationship.

It's far more interesting than living with someone from your own culture, it's not predictable and every day you learn something new about other parts of the world, a different perspective a different view which I think makes us better and more understanding as a human being and maybe more tolerant of others.
But despite all the travels, visa problems, time apart and expense I am still happy and proud that I have a Russian Wife. [glad.gif]

Note: I took the liberty and moved Julian's post here My Russian adventure and troubles because I think it's a great post and gives another perspective of life in Russia.

Admin

Post Number:#17  PostPosted: 12 Jun 2009 13:49 
Admin

Our life in the UK - A year after we got married!

It has been sometime now since my last update and I think it’s time to post again.

During the winter and spring Hanna continued her English studies and daily is improving her standard of English. Everybody knows that to become fluent in another language it takes long time, something that is necessary for Hanna to do so, if she wants to get a job and continue her carrier, teaching Mathematics in an English secondary school.

Poor girl has been working very hard with her English course and now, of course, she feels very comfortable and has no problem communicating with other people, in various levels of education, accents etc. At the same time she is learning touch typing, which is something I never managed to master. :(

While this was going on we both had to work hard to completely renovate our house and I am very proud of her determination, flair and the results. She is also very happy too creating her own “nest”! ;)

If that wasn’t enough, together we have worked also to make our garden looking nice, with many roses and other flowers. Finally all our efforts are paying off and I am proud to post some photos here of our garden. To be honest Hanna did all the seeding, growing our flowers inside our house and then in April and May, planted all of them in our garden. I only cut the grass and water the flowers. :D

I hope you will agree with me, that Hanna has made a splendid job!

Our garden last July, when Hanna arrived in the UK

Our garden today

Our garden today - Red Roses

Our garden Today

Our garden today, Hanna inspecting her flowers.

The deepest red Paeonia rockii.

The view from our window!

Post Number:#18  PostPosted: 13 Jun 2009 08:49 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

Her/His Country: Ukraine
RW_here_since: June 2008
Times_to_FSU: Lots
Are you sure Hanna's surname is not Titchmarsh :D she has done a great job Yannis, since my wife moved her nearly a year ago now, we have suddenly started having flowers and plants appear all over the place, she has a knack of making old long suffering half dead plants start to grow again, she reckons speaking to them helps ;) and interestingly a recent study done by Kew Gardens or somewhere like that, found that plants that are spoken to by a women, actually did grow better, so who knows there may be something in it :lol:

Point - Shoot - Drawn = Instant Floor Plans

Post Number:#19  PostPosted: 13 Jun 2009 13:22 
Admin

I am sure her surname is not Titchmarsh [lol.gif]

Your wife is right talking to the flowers, Hanna does the same, because as you said many dead plants come to life again...... [wink.gif]

It must be true because Hanna said the same, after reading your comments! [lol.gif]

Actually I have also heard that playing nice gentle classical or other calm music helps....so I must have helped a little by playing music in my room when they were growing in pots. [lol.gif]

I guess your wife is also using seeds and grow them in the house, so not to have to spent money in the garden centre..... [veryhappy.gif]

Tomorrow is our first year wedding anniversary, so as an appreciation to her efforts I am taking her to Nice for 4 days to relax.

Meanwhile I have made a small photo presentation with photos taken between 1- 10 June.

Have a look, sit back and relax and see in more details our little garden flowers. I am sure Iryna would have a look also! [wink.gif]
It may take few seconds to start the auto presentation!

Our little Garden

Post Number:#20  PostPosted: 13 Jun 2009 13:35 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
Congratulations

To you and your wife your first anniversary

:flower:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next