All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: With love from Azerbaijan...
Post Number:#11  PostPosted: 12 Sep 2011 10:44 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
What is there to say?
Beautiful photos, a beautiful couple.

The bl00dy Image he has a Facebook account and he ends up with such a Image while others Image forever to find more than two friends.

Before anybody gets upset about my last comment I will per-answer, "If you cannot take a joke then don't come to the party"

Post Number:#12  PostPosted: 12 Sep 2011 12:35 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
John

Your are very lucky man.......... Your wife is very beautiful!

It must be the luck of the Irish to find such a young and beautiful woman, or ...... I think she found you!

[bravo.gif]

and for your wife... [flowers.gif]

PS: Thank you for sharing your wedding photos with us. My wife can't stop looking at them! [biggrin.gif]

Post Number:#13  PostPosted: 12 Sep 2011 13:40 

Her/His Country: UK
Times_to_FSU: Many times

What a beautiful wife you have found John.

Congratulations and thanks for the lovely photos.

[bravo.gif]

Post Number:#14  PostPosted: 12 Sep 2011 14:27 

RW_here_since: I was born here
Times_to_FSU: I Live Here
Ochenʹ krasivaya para i ochenʹ krasivye fotografii. [clap.gif]

Pozdravlyayu i udachi.

A very beautiful couple and very pretty photographs

Congratulations and Good Luck.

Post Number:#15  PostPosted: 12 Sep 2011 20:23 

Her/His Country: Azerbaijan
Times_to_FSU: 2
Thanks a lot guys :) She is a stunner!

Out of all the people in the world that are members on facebook, she wrote to me to say "I like you :)"

I do know I am lucky but not only is she beautiful she is an amazing person to. So king and gentle.

Rasboinik - haha - I know. I've been told this before [tonque.gif]

I do have loads more photos just put a few on here as I could only put 5 on.

update

17 day waiting on visa now. Still heard nothing.

Got all mine, mothers and grandmothers birth/wedding/death certs together and will be sending of for my Irish citizenship this week :)

Post Number:#16  PostPosted: 17 Sep 2011 17:58 
Veteran Member

RW_here_since: 2007
Times_to_FSU: 25
Wow, great photos and you make a really nice looking couple. I do wish you luck with your visa. Sometimes luck can be very important.

Several years ago I spent a few weeks in Baku. It was a really interesting city. I was there on business but did manage to meet up with one lady there which made the trip more interesting even if things did not go far with the lady. I am glad yours did go further.

Post Number:#17  PostPosted: 20 Sep 2011 14:33 
Expert Member

Her/His Country: Uzbekistan
Times_to_FSU: 8 and I hope the last!
Nicely done!!! [hi.gif]

Post Number:#18  PostPosted: 22 Sep 2011 10:31 

Bad news....Unfortunately Alisa got the result of her intended family visit visa, DECLINED [angry2.gif]

Apparently not showed enough economic reason to return to Baku after her proposed visits.

Apparently not a genuine visitor.

I think catch all comments.

This is absurd and infuriated me. She is only 19 and unable to apply for the spouse visa because of the stupid age rules. Now they are not even granting permission to visit [bad.gif]

I really don't know where to go now, as it can take up to 18 months to gain Irish citizenship/passport etc. We can't wait this long or wait until she is 21, which is December 2012.

Rasboinik - you mentioned something in a earlier post?

Any help and advice would be great guys.

Post Number:#19  PostPosted: 22 Sep 2011 12:25 

1) We wrote to advise the UK embassy in Azerbaijan on 1 November 2010 that Alisa would be staying beyond her intended 2 week visit as our relationship was getting stronger.

2) In breach of the conditions of a visit visa by getting married to the spouse on the general visit visa. It was the UKBA who granted the propsed marriage as they provided us with the certificate of approval. Had they not have done so, we would have not got married.

I've wrote to my local MP today with regards to this and she has wrote back to me already. She requested what supporting documents we sent and a copy of the refuseal letter, which I have sent her.

Waiting to hear back.

Also it does have the right of appeal. Should I do it?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Number:#20  PostPosted: 22 Sep 2011 16:21 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
John,
Sorry to read about the bad news.

I am now going to ask you to do some very, very important things.
  • The first thing that you must do is cool down.
  • The second thing that you must do is cool down.
  • Now contact Alisa and be supportive because she probably feels like you would feel if someone kicked you in the "nether regions".
    • If it was me I would make a supportive phone call and try to arrange a bunch of flowers to be delivered.
  • Now go and cool down some more.
John, do not get me wrong, I fully understand how angry you feel and I empathise with you.
BUT
Angry does not help you.

What you need to do is to take off your angry head and to put on your thinking head.

OK now to attempt to deal with the issues.

As I see it, you need to break down the reasons for the refusal into their component parts and deal with them one-by-one.
Once you have managed to find reasonable explanations for all the reasons then put them all together into a single document, print the document and leave it for at least 24 hours, re-read the document and remove all the angry comments, re-print the document and if possible ask a close friend or family member (who is not afraid to take you to task) to proof-read the document. Once you have done that then email the document to the British Embassy in Baku, addressed to the Entry Clearance Manager asking them to reconsider the refusal.

When you write the document and when you proof read it you need to chant a mantra, the mantra is "I catch more flies with honey than with vinegar" .

Vinegar and Honey.
Option one "You stupid incompetent dog turd"
Option two "You may have overlooked the fact that ................."
If I was to address you with either of the two options above which would make you more likely to listen?
Enough said.

Here is my take on addressing the reasons that the visa has been refused.
  1. Staying for almost six months on a six month visa when initially stating that the visit would be a two week visit.
    • A bit of a tricky one and that is because the ECO sees it as having been conned, but, Alisa was not in breach of immigration rules because she left before her visa expired.
    You need to point out that Alisa did leave leave the UK before her visa expired so therefore she was not in breach of the terms of her visa. You can also point out that the reason that Alisa returned to Baku was because her visitor visa was about to expire and both of you did not want to fall foul of the UK immigration regulations.

2. Obtaining the COA and getting married.
    The first angle of attack to address is researching the various changes to the COA issue. (Sorry I cannot at the moment help here and that is because I am at work with quite limited internet access and I do not have the time maybe somebody else can help with the research).
    If you cannot find information that suits your case i.e. that at the time that the COA was issued there were no restrictions on issuing a COA to someone on a visitor visa then you can point you were not aware that it was unacceptable for a COA to be issued under the given circumstances and that out the COA was issued by the UKBA and that it is unfair for you and your wife to be penalised because of an error made by the UKBA.

3. No reason to return (financial ties).
    This is quite a tricky one, but you can try to turn the situation on it's head.
    1. Both you and your wife are aware of the consequences of overstaying on a visitor visa.
    2. Alisa did return to Baku before her previous visa expired so she complied with the terms of her previous visitor visa.
    3. Your relationship (marriage) is for the long term and neither of you would want to live the rest of your lives constantly looking over you shoulder.
    4. Neither of you would want your future children to become motherless because of a previous infraction.
    5. You are aware of the age restriction concerning the spouse visa application so therefore you accept that you will have to bide your time until Alisa can apply for a spouse visa.
      • Do NOT mention that you think that you find the age restriction stupid.
    6. You are supporting your wife in Baku and you will continue to do so until your wife can apply for a spouse visa.

4. You can also point out that by denying your wife the ability to visit the UK the UKBA is putting an unnecessary strain on your marriage because your ability to visit your wife in Baku is restricted because of your job commitments.

You must understand that the above is a general guide line and that you will have to tailor your "arguments" to suit your actual circumstances.

Please take into account that these are my takes and it is extremely possible that others would address the issues differently, hopefully there will be others that will chip-in and then you can evaluate the various answers and pick the ones that you are most comfortable with.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next