All times are UTC

Post subject: Russian Passport Valididty will be extended to 10 Years
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 10 Apr 2009 13:38 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Russian Passports will be issued for a period of 10 years.
http://travel.mail.ru/news/51910/ Google Translation:

The period of ordinary passports (OZP) may be increased to ten years said the head of the Federal Migration Service (FMS) of Russia, Konstantin Romodanovsky.

According to him, the procedure for issuing the passport should not restrict the movement of Russian citizens.

"We are currently considering the possibility of increasing the validity of passport for citizens of Russia to ten years", - said Konstantin Romodanovsky at a press conference.

A senior official admitted that the additional red tape associated with frequent re-passports, only hampered by the citizens exercise their right to movement. "I think it (the increase in the duration of the passport) is absolutely right. Some of today and two little passports, as they are in a permanent separation," - added Romodanovsky.

According Romodanovsky, this year 20% reduction in the number of passports issued, while in 2008 there was an increase of 16-17%. "Last year's result, I felt good because it showed an increase in activity and mobility of citizens," - he said.

Replying to a question, when Russian citizens will be able to send a questionnaire to obtain a passport on the internet, Romodanovsky said: "The crisis overshadowed the issue somewhat, but we think about it."

In the meantime, the service is only available to Travel Agents.

I hope they will not economise and will add extra pages to it........ and shame as my wife has just last September renewed her passport :x :(

Post subject: Re: Russian Passport Valididty will be extended to 10 Years
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 11 Apr 2009 18:32 
Expert Member

Her/His Country: Ukraine/UK
RW_here_since: 2006
Times_to_FSU: Several
I wonder how much extra they will charge for doing it and when they will satrt issuing the new passports! ;)