All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Abolishing the Visa requirement for Russia
Post Number:#71  PostPosted: 04 Jul 2011 12:48 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Rasboinik wrote:

Quote:
France Unveils 5-Year Visas With Russia
03 July 2011
The Moscow Times

France and Russia announced Friday that they would introduce five-year multiple-entry visas by the end of this year, Interfax reported.

After a meeting with Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, visiting Foreign Minister of France Alain Juppe confirmed France's decision to cancel short-term visas between the two countries as soon as possible, the report said.

The visa allows entry into countries of Europe's Schengen zone, which consists of 25 members and includes Italy, Spain, Switzerland and others.

In early June, Russia signed an agreement with the European Union about the five-year visas, which would be given to Russians who previously visited EU countries on short-term visas.

For the full article click the Image

Caveat
The question that must be asked is, how many false dawns have we seen?

I myself will only believe this when I see factual evidence.

The other issue is that even if the 5 year visa agreement between France and Russia does come into fruition it will make no difference to UK citizens unless they can find a way to acquire French nationality.

Nothing more than the usual Russian BS and another planted story for propaganda purpose in my view.

I made a good search and founded the story posted in several publications, sites and blogs but always the same original source.........Moscow Times and Ria Novosti.

As far as I am aware any country in the Schegen Agreement can sign a Bilateral agreement to issue visas for longer than 90 days. In the case of France it says in their site for Russia that the long term visa it is not applicable to other countries. The applicant has to apply for a Resident card in France and then when issued wil be able to travel freely to other EU Countries.
Quote:
GENERAL INFORMATION (translated from French)

Long-term Schengen visa it's not. It is issued to the requesting his long stay in France exclusively (> 3 months).

In almost all cases, the visa holder must request in the prefecture of the place of residence residence permit entitling to stay and work for hire. Once the document is received, the holder has the right to move freely within the European Union countries.

I think these comments are the same as in the reply I receive from the EU representation in Moscow and posted in # 66 above:

In light of the foregoing, the Joint Committee in May 2010 suggested to extend Article 5 (1) (b) of the Visa Facilitation Agreement to EU citizens visiting close relatives who are Russian citizens residing in Russia and, on a basis of reciprocity, Russian citizens visiting close relatives who are EU citizens residing in their Member State of nationality. To the latter category, Directive 2004/38/EC, in principle, does not apply. In addition, the Joint Committee suggested to extend the provisions on a visa fee waiver (Article 6 (3) (a) of the Visa Facilitation Agreement) and a simplification of supporting documents to prove the purpose of the travel (Article 4 (1) (j) of the Visa Facilitation Agreement) to these persons as well.

The EU and the Russian Federation have meanwhile started the negotiations on amendments to the Visa Facilitation Agreement on the basis of the suggestions of the Joint Committee. Such amendments, if agreed, will enter into force once the two Parties have completed their respective ratification procedures.

It is my understanding that the whole process is not moving because the Russians have not signed and ratified any agreements with all the Schegen countries for the repatriation of any illegals arriving in the EU, to take them back.

As about the UK ...... sorry but we do have a "Fortress UK Policy".... [haha.gif]

Post Number:#72  PostPosted: 12 Oct 2011 09:33 

Her/His Country: UK
Times_to_FSU: Many times

Limited Visa-Free Travel Sought

A group of State Duma deputies have appealed to the European Parliament, asking them to scrap visa rules for some Russians who fly into European Union member states, Kommersant reported Tuesday.

Under the initiative, Schengen visas would be dropped for Russians who arrive in Europe on regular flights and have a return ticket, the report said.

The deputies raised the idea with a group of the European Parliament's lawmakers during a brief visit to Moscow last week. The European lawmakers have not commented on the proposal publicly.

The eased visa rules would be a compromise because "the European Union is not ready for such radical steps" as visa-free travel, Duma Deputy Andrei Klimov said in a statement published on United Russia's web site.

Klimov earlier this year suggested abandoning Schengen visas for Russians born after 1989, but the idea was not endorsed by other deputies.

The Kremlin has been lobbying for visa-free travel with the EU since 2002. In July, Moscow and Brussels agreed on a step-by-step plan toward visa-free travel.

Post Number:#73  PostPosted: 12 Oct 2011 09:39 
Admin

Usual, politicians looking after themselves.

Usual attitude and behaviour of the politicians in any country, just looking after to help themselves and no care about Joe public. [angry2.gif]

I think it’s about time the Duma representatives, instead of looking after only their own, to move their back side and put their house in order before asking the EU to abolish the need for a Schegen Visa for themselves.

For years the Russian Federation and its officials having been harping and lecturing us about the abolishment of the visa requirement to travel freely between the EU and the Russian Federation but in mean time they have not made any movement to sign the necessary agreements, regarding the technicalities for the repatriation of illegals and overstayers.

Additionally it’s about time the Russian’s to abolish the Registration requirement, which is an additional and unnecessary burden for us that we visit Russia.

I don’t see why the EU should offer these politicians the freedom of movement when they impose so many obstacles to us with families there to visit them.

My Russian wife has legally acquired a Resident Card in the UK and now she is free to travel in any other EU member state without the need of any visa. My self, whenever I want to visit our family and home in Russia, I must apply for a Visa, waste a lot of money and time, wait for 12 days to receive the visa and then when there I must Register with OVIR. [sick.gif]

The current agreement between the Russian Federation and the Schegen countries allows for a 1 year multi entry visa but exempt and obligate us, married to a Russian national, to apply for a family Visa. Many times, I have wrote and requested for the extension of the multi entry visa for up to 5 years, to include relatives or partners of a Russian National but was stone walled by the President’s office and also of the Consulate. We do not ask for a special but for an equal treatment, even if we have to pay, as my wife has been afforded under the EU directive 2004/38/EU, FREE of charge.

Is that unreasonable? [sad.gif]

Post Number:#74  PostPosted: 13 Oct 2011 21:48 

Her/His Country: DK/RU
Times_to_FSU: 8
Hi
The diplomats and so on has always had a priviliged status, so yes.

Q 4 U? why you go to OVIR? and I aren't thoose with a new name!. I just go to a post office, easy and cheaper.

Viking

Post Number:#75  PostPosted: 13 Oct 2011 22:32 

Her/His Country: Russian
Times_to_FSU: 4
wiz wrote:

Usual attitude and behaviour of the politicians in any country, just looking after to help themselves and no care about Joe public. [angry2.gif]

I think it’s about time the Duma representatives, instead of looking after only their own, to move their back side and put their house in order before asking the EU to abolish the need for a Schegen Visa for themselves.

For years the Russian Federation and its officials having been harping and lecturing us about the abolishment of the visa requirement to travel freely between the EU and the Russian Federation but in mean time they have not made any movement to sign the necessary agreements, regarding the technicalities for the repatriation of illegals and overstayers.

Additionally it’s about time the Russian’s to abolish the Registration requirement, which is an additional and unnecessary burden for us that we visit Russia.

I don’t see why the EU should offer these politicians the freedom of movement when they impose so many obstacles to us with families there to visit them.

My Russian wife has legally acquired a Resident Card in the UK and now she is free to travel in any other EU member state without the need of any visa. My self, whenever I want to visit our family and home in Russia, I must apply for a Visa, waste a lot of money and time, wait for 12 days to receive the visa and then when there I must Register with OVIR. [sick.gif]

The current agreement between the Russian Federation and the Schegen countries allows for a 1 year multi entry visa but exempt and obligate us, married to a Russian national, to apply for a family Visa. Many times, I have wrote and requested for the extension of the multi entry visa for up to 5 years, to include relatives or partners of a Russian National but was stone walled by the President’s office and also of the Consulate. We do not ask for a special but for an equal treatment, even if we have to pay, as my wife has been afforded under the EU directive 2004/38/EU, FREE of charge.

I completley agree with your comments. Might be an idea to produce a sample letter around your comments to send to our MP's MEP' trade unions etc to lobby the UK foriegn minister to raise this with the Russian Federation. With a view to set up a multilateral (including EU/EEA) OR Bi- lateral agreement over VISA free travel or a 5 year MULTI VISA for family members of Russian citizens

Last edited by Kevingerbs on 13 Oct 2011 23:03, edited 1 time in total.

Post Number:#76  PostPosted: 13 Oct 2011 23:45 
Admin

viking wrote:
Hi
The diplomats and so on has always had a priviliged status, so yes.

Q 4 U? why you go to OVIR? and I aren't thoose with a new name!. I just go to a post office, easy and cheaper.

Viking

Registering at OVIR I find to be easier than at a post Office where they hardly know the rules.... and it's FREE. You have nothing to worry by visiting the OVIR.

When I tried to register at a post office in Ufa ....... they had not a clue and I was asked to wait for the right person, who happen to be at lunch ..... so I went to OVIR and finished in 10 minutes. After all you have to provide the same documentation in both places.

Post Number:#77  PostPosted: 14 Oct 2011 00:20 
Admin

Kevingerbs wrote:
wiz wrote:

I completley agree with your comments. Might be an idea to produce a sample letter around your comments to send to our MP's MEP' trade unions etc to lobby the UK foriegn minister to raise this with the Russian Federation. With a view to set up a multilateral (including EU/EEA) OR Bi- lateral agreement over VISA free travel or a 5 year MULTI VISA for family members of Russian citizens

While I have no problem in participating in any lobbying activity of our MP's and the British Foreign Ministry, it is my view that we have no chance achieving anything because of the Litvinenko affair, especially now that they have announced s public Enquiry.

If you read in the post #66Image the reply from the EU office in Moscow..... this original agreement of the Joint Committee in May 2010 between the Schegen visa countries and Russia, has been agreed but still nothing is been signed. [sad.gif]

If they ever sign it .... the UK will not be included.

[angry2.gif]

Post Number:#78  PostPosted: 14 Oct 2011 04:34 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
wiz wrote:
If they ever sign it .... the UK will not be included.

[angry2.gif]
Of course the UK will not be included.

OOPS, I meant to say that the the British Empire is no more.
The problem though is that the vast majority of the "Little Englanders" still think that they do live in the British Empire.

wiz wrote:
While I have no problem in participating in any lobbying activity of our MP's and the British Foreign Ministry, it is my view that we have no chance achieving anything because of the Litvinenko affair, especially now that they have announced s public Enquiry.
I also would not have a problem lobbying MPs and MEPs even though (like wiz) as I see it the chances of success are about the same as finding hens teeth.

Post Number:#79  PostPosted: 15 Oct 2011 00:52 

Her/His Country: Russian
Times_to_FSU: 4
Hi there. I have successfully raised questions to be asked in the House through my MP over various social policy matters regarding welfare rights issues and Teir 4 student visa's.
This is through a brilliant little UK site where you can hold your MP'S MEP's accountable and monitor their performance e.g. the way they vote and speeches made and where they stand on a variety of issues etc. [yes.gif]
http://www.theyworkforyou.com/

Post Number:#80  PostPosted: 15 Oct 2011 09:39 
Admin

Hi Kevin

Glad you posted that link on how to contact our MP's etc.

What sort of questions you managed to raise via your MP in the House of P?

Is your wife here or still back in Russia?

RGDS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next