All times are UTC

Post subject: Visitor Visa
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009 06:11 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

Her/His Country: Russia
Times_to_FSU: 10+
Hi all,

i have searched on government website and believe that if you have a 12 month visitor visa too the UK you can visit whenever you want and stay for the full 12 months, ie every day, there are no restrictions on your time here within your visa dates, unlike a Russian Visa - am i correct or not.

My wife is in the process of completing documents to take another UK visa but this time wants to stay here more permantely, she may if she has time apply for the settlement visa ( i say time because she needs quickly to get a visa before August so here and son can come here before Russian school starts in September) which ultimately she needs but i will think it takes longer to process than a visitor visa.

anybody an experience on time scale of getting a settlement visa ?

thanks Julian

Post subject: Re: Visitor Visa
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009 07:10 
Admin

RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Hello Julian

St have any idea how long it takes to get a settlement visa.

Have you asked the question also on RR?

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009 07:38 

not yet, i will do that today

thanks

i did ask about visitor visa though and the office in Moscow gave my wife the impression that if she arrived as a visitor it was as this and not a visa to live and maybe should not stay anymore than 6-8 weeks each time and could be problems if she trys to live here on a visitor visa, i understand that she would have no rights as a visitor, ie work etc but for 1 year this is not a big isue for us,

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009 12:08 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
Hi Julian,
My fiancée Alla has a 12 month multiple entry, it has a 180 days on it.
I am not sure what the 180 days are, I am just about to raid her handbag to try and locate her passport.
Watch this space

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009 12:17 

Julian,
As far as Alla's 1 year multiple entry visa is concerned it states "Duration of Stay 180 days"
So basically the information about unlimited stay for a full year is incorrect (at least as shown in Alla's visa).

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but better to be safe than sorry.

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009 13:03 
Admin

Julian

In your case I do not think Visitors visa is appropriate and the Settlement visa is the right one to go for, because it allows your wife to work here.

If she gets her FLR (spouce Visa) that is valid for 2 years and she has all other rights, as any English National. After 2 years she will have to apply for an ILR (Intefinite Leave to remain) visa.

Rusboinik

To get a year's visitor Visa you need to have some history in her passport, basically she should have a few 6 months (180 days) visas plus some othe'r ones.

I think Julian's wife has never been to the UK before so.......it will be better to apply for Settlement Visa for her and her child.

In that respect, Julian make sure that you have an official permission of her child's father to take out it out of the country and be prepared for her to visit Moscow for the Biometrics at the VAC there and also you must read carefully all the requirements for documents.

1. She will have to make an application on line and also make an appointment on line too.

2. You have to provide her with a letter invitation as a sponsor.

3. You must provide an apostil, translated and notarised officially of your Marriage certificate in Russia. If you do that make sure you have also 3-4 official copies too, as you will need them later for many reasons and it's much cheaper to do that in Russia.

I only paid £120 for all the documents to be translated and notarised for ZAGS, Apostil and Translation of 3 Marriage certificates, Translation and notarised Biorth and also proffessional certificates (3 copies too). If you use the UK services then you will pay around £300 only for the ZAGS documents!!!!!!!!

4. You and your wife have to have evidence of your relationship, letters, tickets, telephone bills, emails etc. As many as you can.

5 You must provide evidence of accommodation in the UK and also 6 months Bank account statements.

Make sure your statements do not show that you have been in the RED...... and that you have sufficient funds to support your wife.

That is all for now and do read the consulate and VAC sites please.

Plenty of work for you and her to do.... and then maybe 1 month at least before you get the FLR visa except if you get lucky and get it faster, like some other people. :D

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009 13:36 

Hi Wiz.

I agree that there must be at least one 6 months visa in the passport before attempting to get a year visa

Alla applied for her one year visa with on six month visa (two visits to the UK) in her passport and we got it.
In other words Alla's second visa for the UK was (is) a one year multiple entry.

I was not aware that Julian's misus has not been to the UK before.

Basically I was just trying to set him straight about his assumption that a years visa allows for a years stay.

Furthermore if the intention is for her to come and live in the UK then I 100% agree with you that a settlement visa is the better option.

Since they are married then I think that a spouse visa is what they should be aiming for.

Not so much on the visa issue but more on the human issue
I question the decision of bringing someone to live in the UK that has never been here before
But then that is not really my business and I do wish them the best.

Post Number:#8  PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009 14:38 
Admin

Rasboinik wrote:
Hi Wiz.

Since they are married then I think that a spouse visa is what they should be aiming for.

Not so much on the visa issue but more on the human issue I question the decision of bringing someone to live in the UK that has never been here before

But then that is not really my business and I do wish them the best.

If I remember well they have been married for 6 years now....... and he has been to Ulyianovsk Oblast - Dimitrograd...numerous times.......

She is an accountant and has been well established there.... but obviously Julian wants here here... to our Green and pleasant land! :D

Love has no frontier my friend :P :D

She may can help Brown to sort out our economy or teach those MP's how to steal from the state without been cought or pay taxes.... :lol:

I am a bad boy again :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW do you thing the expression "coloured officer" is a racist comment or is the PC expression?

I haven't posted a reply yet to my "friend" but later, after coming back from the garden will give him and the others... a bit running around! :rolf:

Post Number:#9  PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009 16:22 

wiz wrote:
BTW do you thing the expression "coloured officer" is a racist comment or is the PC expression?

Wiz,
If you are willing to agree that "white officer" is a racist comment, then I will agree with you that "coloured officer" is of the same ilk.
:rolf:
What about "Fatso" or "Ginger" do they qualify :?

OK lets go all the way.
"Man" "Woman"
"Chair" "Table"

I am confused
I don't want to be branded

I guess that in order to avoid branding I should stick to safe words.
Now lets see, what are the safe words in English
Я незнаю
OH sugar that is not English

Is Sugar acceptable?
Is English acceptable?
Is acceptable, acceptable?

wiz wrote:
If I remember well they have been married for 6 years now....... and he has been to Ulyianovsk Oblast - Dimitrograd...numerous times.......

She is an accountant and has been well established there.... but obviously Julian wants here here... to our Green and pleasant land! :D

Love has no frontier my friend :P :D

I agree that love has no frontier.

Maybe I am letting my prejudice show through but I think that it is a very, very bold step to bring someone to live in a country that they have never seen.
Especially since she is a well established accountant in Russia and when she arrives in our Green and pleasant land it will take her quite a while to gain the same status.

Will continue later, gots ta go

Post Number:#10  PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009 22:48 

Thanks all for posting your views and advice.

I have decided we will go for the settlement visa, Natalia at the Moscow office of visa agents Real Russia has been really helpfull again and reckons that we can probably get the visa in 3-4 weeks, we have all our documents ready and hopefully we can give biometric data in moscow again in the next week (what a bloody minded system having to keep giving the same info each time you apply for a visa, whoever made this system is a first class idiot to be polite, since when did peoples fingerprints change !! and do they check finger prints when you enter the UK ?, I have only experienced it going to USA, i'm all for security but i think they are not gaining anything by being bloody akward with Russians, i do not see any justification for what they do, my wife dosn't have these issues when she wants to visit Europe and many other countries).

Natalia did say that if we went for a visitor visa then there would probably be some restrictions on time here as it is only a visitor visa and not to live, but as you all point out there is allot of other disadvantages to the visitor visa. My wife's son however must take the visitor visa for now, his father has consented he can leave but it will be another 6 months maybe before he has official consent to leave Russia permantely accoring to his mother, but the plan was that he stay maybe another year to continue with his schooling and improve his English before he comes here to take on the last 2 years of secondary school. If i can find an experienced Russian/English teacher in my region who will give him one to one tuition then maybe he can come sooner, but my wife does not want him going to UK school until he has better understanding of the language, i try to explain that it is not the big issue she makes out, in my area there are many Polish children who spoke nothing when they arrived and now they are leading the way at schools because most know they must work very hard to succeed here, my local school head teacher told me this when i enquired about placing Sasha in their school and was not at all worried hat his English was minimal, many of her most intelligent pupils are not from our region or country !!

My wife is no stranger to the Uk, she has visited here with a visitor visa sponsored by me and toured many regions of the UK, she is wise of most things here and dosn't look at the UK with communist red tinted glasses, like many Russians she loves her country and thinks its great , but the UK is the place that her husband lives and has business and even her work as an accountant in Russia cannot support me and i could not enjoy living full time in Russia, i cannot provide for her in that country and give her the standard of living we enjoy here, so its better she comes here. She has dreamed for years of living in another country, somewhere hot and sunny, how dissappointing for her coming to the UK which matches their snowfall with rainfall, still its easy to get to France and Spain when we want. I go to her city in Russia on Saturday so i will witness for myself what has happened since i was there last in January.