All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Applying for Schengen Visa from Russia
Post Number:#11  PostPosted: 28 Jun 2010 23:26 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
Julian,
I only have a copy of the Netherlands Schengen visa application form.
I tried to attach it to to this post but the software will not allow me to (If you PM me your email address I can forward it to you). As far as I am aware the only difference in Schengen application forms is the name of the country i.e. all the requirments are the same.

As regards Cyprus, I have spoken ( a few months ago) to the Cypriot Embassy in Moscow, they will issue the visa the same day, further Alla has informed me that they will also accept postal applications.
Alla has a good friend married to a Brit and they have a house in Cyprus and this lady gets her visas (for Cyprus) without having to leave Yuzhno-Sakhalin.

So here is the Schengen (Netherlands) visa application form.

As I said previously as far as I am aware the only difference between the different Schengen Visa applications is the name of the country.

You can Download the attachment below, which is in World Document, complete and then print it.
Attachment:
Schegen Visa Application Netherlands.doc

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Number:#12  PostPosted: 29 Jun 2010 07:32 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Julian

Yes I know how stubborn is your wife and she will not listen to anybody else, including my Russian wife, who has been through all these formalities.........so not a lot I can do to help you! :roll:

Thank God my stubborn wife has learned her lesson and let's me deal with any kind of paperwork........ [happy.gif]

Solution... you have to become fluent in Russian..... to solve all the problems on your own..... [crying.gif]

From what little I know Russians have not much difficulty in getting Visas to Cyprus and if she follow the advice of the others here you can do all paper work and book hotel and flights on the Internet.

Before meeting my wife, in the past, I had good experience with the Russian Travel Agents.....but thanks to my Travel experience and contacts, I did managed to avoid paying them more than 60 Euro for applying and supplying a Schegen Visa to Greece for a previous woman I was dating.

At the time, I was still running my holiday operation and provided the agent with an Invoice for prepayed accommodation in the island of Kos.

Then when he told me he had the visa and emailed me a copy, he was suggesting a flight with Aeroflop for 1200 USD.........Moscow to Athens! [surprised.gif]

I told him thank you and I will do my own arrangements. One phone call to Olympic Airways in London (Special agents fare) and I booked a ticket Moscow-Athens-Kos Return for £220 all inclusive of taxes. Ticket had to be collected at Moscow Olympic Desk at the airport 3 hours before departure and all done. [biggrin.gif]

Of course the Russian woman, another blonde, knew better and started giving me trouble over the phone......."they don't deliver tickets at the airport etc"......so I had to say to her, do as you been told otherwise forget it and stay at you home! What she didn't know is that at the time I was able to follow the process via my contact in London.

Agent delivered Passport by Ponny Express to her house days before travelling. I told her to book her flight from Ufa to Moscow (on Sunday morning) before the flight was full (was cheaper for her than me booking via the website, only $70 return) but typical Russian woman left it till Saturday afternoon to do it, in which case flight was full and only Business class ticket was available, which she knew I was not going to pay, so...... she booked a flight late Saturday evening and spent the night at Sheremetovo and closed her mobile. The Olympic flight to Greece was for Sunday afternoon at 14.00 about!

Anyhow I was flying out to Kos on Saturday evening and was given a free ticket from a friend of mine. She did not contact me till late lunchtime in Greece.......after she collected her ticket from Olympic.

Of course everything went smoothly after that........but when she arrived she had a verbal lecture from me! [angry.gif]

That is a small example on how ignorant are these blonde women! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Raffi for the form!

Post Number:#13  PostPosted: 29 Jun 2010 09:30 
Veteran Member

Her/His Country: Russia/Holland
RW_here_since: 2005
Times_to_FSU: 5
The Netherlands form is similar for all Shengen states.
What I have learned from this is that visa fees seem to be different by state, it might be interesting to shop around for bargains. [clap2.gif]

Post Number:#14  PostPosted: 29 Jun 2010 09:46 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

Times_to_FSU: 10+
i believe Cyprus is not in the shengen zone !!!

Post Number:#15  PostPosted: 29 Jun 2010 09:53 

Julian wrote:
i believe Cyprus is not in the shengen zone !!!

Correct

Follow the link that Yannis supplied to the Cypriot Embassy in Moscow and if my memory serves me right there is a link to a downloadable form on the Embassy site.

Post Number:#16  PostPosted: 29 Jun 2010 10:15 
Admin

RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Yes Raffi

There is a link to the Visa form..... but you must read Greek to find it and I don't think Julian speaks Greek..... [wink.gif]

Here is the link which is PDF.

http://www.mfa.gov.cy/mfa/Embassies/Mos ... 20Visa.pdf

Post Number:#17  PostPosted: 29 Jun 2010 23:33 

wiz wrote:
Yes Raffi

.. but you must read Greek to find it

Yannis,

My Greek vocabulary consists of less than 10 words (and half of those are unprintable :lol: ) and yet I am sure that I managed to find the visa form somehow, don't ask me how [mystery.gif] .

Before I forget, thanks for posting the link.

Post Number:#18  PostPosted: 30 Jun 2010 14:48 
Veteran Member

Her/His Country: Russia/Holland
RW_here_since: 2005
Times_to_FSU: 5
Ti de su essi meriste, hos pollon antropon.

Translit might spoil it but its Greek.....ancient Greek from when Wiz and Turboguy were kids. [embarrased.gif]