All times are UTC

Post subject: Another Fiancee Visa Question
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 21 Jan 2014 06:51 

Her/His Country: UK
Times_to_FSU: 3
Hello everyone, this is my first post and I thought before the question I will give a bit of background to my situation.

I am 39 and from the UK, my fiancée is from Russia and is 40. we have been together since the beginning of September and have decided to apply for the fiancée visa.

I have been over every month since we first began to talk online and we feel we meet the requirements to apply, ie, lots of evidence of our relationship. I have looked at the application forms we are required to complete and there is one question I was hoping someone can help with me with.

It is in the financial requirement form question number 1.19. Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship akin to marriage or a civil partnership at any time (including since your wedding or civil partnership ceremony)?.

- If ‘Yes’ please give full details. If ‘No’ please give reasons why you have never lived together.

We have never lived together in that sense but is the reason we live in different countries a good enough reason why we haven't lived together. It just seems a strange question to ask why..???

Sorry if that's a bit of a long and makes no sense.

Thanks for your help in advance. Andy

Post subject: Re: Another Fiancee Visa Question
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 21 Jan 2014 10:40 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Hello Andy

and [welcome1.gif] to the board.

Firstly I hope you don't mind that I edited your post to have paragraphs, to make reading easier........... If you do I will revert to its original ASAP!

May I ask you, before making any comments, why you want to apply for a Fiancé visa?

I am sure you realise that the time you spent together with your Russian woman is very short .... and the UKBA, now, are looking very critically any application of that type.

Don't you think you are rushing a bit and probably would be better to wait little more?

I know that it's an expensive business flying there often but.... you do not need a refusal at this stage. Bear in mind that later, after 6 months, when you decide to get married, (if you do), you will have to pay the same fee, again, for a settlement visa too!

If it was me, I would first go for a Tourist visa and if approved she can come and stay with you ...often, for long periods during the 6 months validity of her visa.

Any how I hope somebody else can give you a better opinion...... as I used the EU route.

Cameron and Co are looking to improve [wink.gif] the immigration numbers, getting ready for next year's election........ [wink.gif]

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 21 Jan 2014 15:29 

Her/His Country: UK
Times_to_FSU: 3
Thank you for your thoughts regarding my post

I dont mind you breaking it up either and it now makes a bit more sense to me also.

I understand your thoughts on the time we have been in a relationship and I can see that it might not be long enough to gain a fiancee visa. The reason we thought of going the fiancee visa route was due to being advised it would be difficult if not impossible to get a tourist visa as we would have to prove my fiancee intends to return to russia.

We were actually originally going to try the tourist visa first. As you know im sure it is a very scary and important thing to do and we just want to do it the right way.

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 22 Jan 2014 14:28 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Hi Andy

I see al the other's are lazy to answer...... and I happen to be very busy myself at the moment.

Did you checked all the details about Fiancé visa?

What many people have done in the past, is to build a good relationship by travelling to visit each other, as that shows commitment.

Of course if your fiancé could come to UK on a tourist visa first ....... the first time stays for 7 or 14 days and then goes back That is important. Having a 6 months Visa she then can travel to see you again and stay for longer period...... but make sure she goes back before the visa expires.

My friend EKO did that and now they are married and live nearby...... for 5 months!

Sorry can't be more helpful...... but wish you luck.