All times are UTC

Post subject: British Citizenship Application
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 13 Oct 2013 12:48 

Her/His Country: uk/uk
RW_here_since: sep 10
Times_to_FSU: 3
Hi Everyone,

We are finally at the last hurdle in being able to apply for citizenship for my wife (hooray). We have over the last few weeks read through the documentation and it all seems pretty mild compared to the spouse / ILR which sends off warning bells in my head as nothing our beloved government do makes things easy which is why I thought it was best to check with you guys to ensure we have not missed anything.

1)We are going to our local council (£70) to use there checking service which I believe ensures you are able to keep vital documents like your passport etc as they photocopy them and certify them as being a true copy ?

I hope the above is correct as we are due on holiday in Egypt the following week

2) we are applying on 21st October which is prior to the new rules being implemented on 28th October, I understand this means my wife only needs to have her life in the UK test certificate as evidence of her language skills ? (she also has a NARIC document to say she has a Bachelors Degree in English that we can supply if needed)

3) My wife will need both her Russian passports, one in her maiden name (same as life in the UK test Cert) the other in her new married name ?

4) It states they want my wife's previous address for the past 5 years 3 of which are in the UK prior to that she lived in Russia (do we put 2 years worth of Russian address on the application also)

5) they will need to see my passport, our marriage certificate translated into English and certified.

6) They have not asked for any financial evidence ? (my wife is a housewife) so does not earn an income, is this a problem ?

7) We are well within the parameters of the allowance of days spent abroad

8) she has no criminal record etc etc

9) she will also have to present her ILR card

We obviously then pay the hefty fee of £874 and wait, it just seems to simple, from the above information we have provided are we correct ?

I am just hoping we have not missed out anything by being naive, like I said before it seems so easy compared to the other applications when you have to literally drown in paperwork to satisfy the home office

Thanks for your time in advance

Kind Regards

Justin

Post subject: Re: British Citizenship Application
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 17 Oct 2013 11:34 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Hi Justin

Sorry for the delay in replying but I was away for another Greek Holiday.... and there are many lazy people arount.....to give some answers......... [wink.gif]

It looks that you have covered correctly all subjects and of course the Checking service will make sure to point out any mistakes.

Q 4: Obviously one address, her parent will be sufficient, in my view.

Q 5: Correct

Q 6: Obviously you will have to satisfy them that your wife was "Self Sufficient" supported by you..... and had no recourse to public finances........ so my guess is that you will have to provide financial info.

Luckily my wife next April will have 5 P60's and I will not have to show them any financial information [wink.gif]

I think, despite that I have not started reading their instructions.......and prepare her application, you have covered well the requirements.

PS: My friend Eco had to satisfy the financial affairs of 5 years despite he was living here for nearly 10 years.

Good luck anyway and I am sorry for the delay to reply.

Wiz