All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

"How accurate you think this article is today?"
Poll ended at 15 Nov 2010 11:43
This article is rubbish and very offensive towards Russia and Russians people. 45%  45%  [ 5 ]
This article is of poor quality and about 25% correct. 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
This article is interesting and about 50% correct. 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
This article is informative and about 75% correct. 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
This article is good and almost 100% correct. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject: Re: Russian women - Do they make good wives?
Post Number:#41  PostPosted: 07 Nov 2010 01:36 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

Her/His Country: Russia
Times_to_FSU: more than 10
wiz wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
I didn't "choose" a Russian woman, it just happens that my wife is Russian. I didn't "choose" her at all. She is a woman, a human being not a pair of shoes.
Unlike you Wizzie, I don't subscribe to "choosing" people for their nationality.

And therein lies the hypocrisy. You deliberately chose a Russian woman, for whatever reason, and then you post pathetic diatribes which denigrate and humiliate those same Russian women you claim to adore so much.
Make your mind up, you can't have it both ways.
Or perhaps you really do consider women on a par with a pair of shoes, a commodity to be chosen from a shop window.
Malcolm

Looking for and meeting a woman… doesn’t happen by sheer accident, especially when she happen to be a Russian. You have created the preconditions by either consciously or deliberately going looking there or happen to be on the right place at the right time.

If you for example decided to visit Russia/Moscow etc…… and then met a woman, by going there you created the condition for such thing to happen. On the other hand if you made the conscious decision to go looking for a woman there, then ……..

…. in both cases it was your choice.

There is no hypocrisy, on my part just because I choose to marry a Russian woman, neither have I had any intention to denigrate or humiliate the Russian women by talking about them and nowhere had I claimed that I adore them.

Your assumptions that I treat Russian women as a commodity are completely wrong. The common interest between our members is Russian women and exploring every angle about them and their culture, life style and background it could be helpful to new comers to avoid mistakes and pitfalls, as we all of us have encountered.

The hypocrisy isn't in the act of marrying a Russian woman but in posting humiliating drivel written by some pathetic dummy who wants us to believe that Russian women are no better than prostitutes (something I seem to remember you posting so-called jokes about on another board).

For my own part, I never set out to look for anyone in my life. My relationship came about purely by chance and not by me making a conscious decision to set anything in motion. Maybe I was just lucky, maybe it was written in the stars, but it certainly wasn't planned.

It's an admirable thing to help other people understand a little about Russia, the former Soviet Union, the people who live there and how to navigate through the cultural differences to a rewarding relationship, but I don't think it helps anyone when you post such negative, and quite frankly, insulting bullsh*t.
I know you're not the author of this particular piece of tedious stereotypical journalese but you're the one who posted it in the hope of drumming up a bit of controvesy.
So you got it.
Happy now?

Post Number:#42  PostPosted: 08 Nov 2010 10:54 
Admin

RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Malcolm wrote:
It's an admirable thing to help other people understand a little about Russia, the former Soviet Union, the people who live there and how to navigate through the cultural differences to a rewarding relationship, but I don't think it helps anyone when you post such negative, and quite frankly, insulting bullsh*t.

I know you're not the author of this particular piece of tedious stereotypical journalese but you're the one who posted it in the hope of drumming up a bit of controvesy.
So you got it.
Happy now?

In any board and fora always people post controversial subjects and you are not immune.

We have different views to what constitutes a satire and what is offensive and down right insulting and denigrating post, specially about Russian women. You take it as a personal insult and I am having a laugh, so let's leave it to that.

Of course I posted this article here to create controversy and you in your second post, with you keen eye, posted some huge discrepancies shooting down the OP assumptions and views. That in my book is very helpful to newcomers to get to know the truth and not to believe any BS that is posted on the web.

I additionally believe by examined the OP in detail and expressing our views regarding other parts of the OP we can add useful information from our own experiences, which can benefit other people who are interested in Russia, Russian People and women especially.

You find my views negative and slam down everything expressed here, where instead it would be more helpful if you would participate more in the discussions and with your intellectual capacity add to the current debate.

With that in mind, why don't you post here your story about "Anna and the potato" which was hilarious and also gave a different view of certain characteristics and cultural traits of Russian women?

How about you posting your famous dialogues between Dima and Vlad. That would amuse many people here too!

You can also post your sincere condolences you emailed to your "friend" P. Wholas for his unfortunate demise to oblivion!

I am sure your posts will create huge interest!

[biggrin.gif]

Post Number:#43  PostPosted: 09 Nov 2010 13:52 

wiz wrote:
We have different views to what constitutes a satire and what is offensive and down right insulting and denigrating post, specially about Russian women. You take it as a personal insult and I am having a laugh.

Satire?
So you think it's satirical to post "jokes" that portray Russian women as prostitutes?

And it's OK to have a laugh about denigrating women in general by posting stupid "opinion" pieces that only serve to re-inforce the insulting stereotyping of Russian women, which only came about because of dim-witted articles like the one you posted here, written by sad, idiotic losers who can't buy a f*ck in their own country, and then express suprise and indignation when they find a woman from a country they believe to be a backward third-world nation, who is far too smart for them and rips the cash from their over-stuffed wallet and the arse out of their over-stuffed trousers.

Yeah, right. I'm laughing my bollocks off.

[rolleyes.gif]

Post Number:#44  PostPosted: 09 Nov 2010 15:47 
Admin

Well I told you we have different opinions about satire...... and you have missed the whole meaning of that post and I am not going to debate with you about it! We never going to agree....so let's agree to disagree! [biggrin.gif]

I think when it comes talking about women you seem to have a very PC attitude about it and you don't like talking any subject about them! [rolleyes.gif]

As about the American OP then...... you just proved my point.... that you with your capacity can shutter any impressions that poster may has created with his post!.

Good work and the more you talk about it...... the better! [clap.gif]

Post Number:#45  PostPosted: 09 Nov 2010 18:07 

wiz wrote:
I think when it comes talking about women you seem to have a very PC attitude about it and you don't like talking any subject about them! [rolleyes.gif]

No Yannis, it's nothing to do with being politically correct. I just don't find any enjoyment in endlessly discussing what women should be like to fit certain parameters just to suit the mores of sad blokes who think chosing a woman is something akin to buying a suit.

Other than that, I enjoyed the joke. [clap.gif]

Post Number:#46  PostPosted: 09 Nov 2010 18:32 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
Malcolm,
You astound me.
Do you really think that there are blokes that think that buying a woman is as complicated as choosing a suit?

I would have thought that the catalogue shoppers put more though thought into choosing a Pizza.

Post Number:#47  PostPosted: 10 Nov 2010 14:51 

Rasboinik wrote:
Malcolm,
You astound me.
Do you really think that there are blokes that think that buying a woman is as complicated as choosing a suit?

I suppose it depends on whether they prefer a woman or a tailor to take their inside leg measurement and checking which side they dress.

[biggrin.gif]

Post Number:#48  PostPosted: 10 Nov 2010 17:23 
Admin

Malcolm wrote:
wiz wrote:

No Yannis, it's nothing to do with being politically correct. I just don't find any enjoyment in endlessly discussing what women should be like to fit certain parameters just to suit the mores of sad blokes who think chosing a woman is something akin to buying a suit.

Other than that, I enjoyed the joke. [clap.gif]

Are you telling me that women are the same all over the world and no cultural differences exist between Russian and Western cultures?

If that is not the case then why should we stop talking about Russian women?

You may not find the conversation helpful but other people do and knowing in advance what they are getting into, in my view, will help them to make the right choice and have better chances to create a happy family.

Like it or lump it we all had to make a choice, when we were looking for a wife material..... and having a little information about their culture, living conditions and few other things, it assisted us to make the best choice as human possible.

Not all characters are the same, as you very well know, and finding the right match is not an easy task!

I don't know anything about your history, regarding your relationship with Anna, as you have not posted anything...... but I and many others have posted details of our adventure..... and I am sure some other people have found useful information on our Travel Reports, as I did too reading other peoples reports!

[drinks.gif]

Post Number:#49  PostPosted: 11 Nov 2010 00:33 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
I accept that the question was not addressed to me but I will answer it anyway.
Quote:
Are you telling me that women are the same all over the world

I will start with a mathematical formula.

• Point one. - Women are women therefore women are the same all over the world.
  • Point two. - There are cultural differences between any county that you care to name and any other country that you care to name.
  • Point three. - People from a certain culture do not always find it easy to understand people from a different culture.
  • Point four. - People from a certain culture tend to behave according to their cultural norms.
  • Point five. - People means people, both sexes, therefore the term people includes men and women
    ------------------------
  • Conclusion one.
    There are mine fields that need to be negotiated when dealing with a woman no matter what nationality.
  • Conclusion two.
    There is no harm in informing people about a culture that they will be exposing themselves to.
  • Conclusion three.
    Had any body stated that the original article is the type of trash that can be found on the internet and should be read with severe trepidation then I would have agreed with such comments.
  • Conclusion four.
    If I was about to embark on such an adventure and after reading such trash, I would have run a mile, especially if people that have experience told me that, that is what I should expect.
Quote:
and no cultural differences exist between Russian and Western cultures?
Of course there are cultural differences. I depends though how the cultural differences are portrayed.
Quote:
I don't think that anybody is saying that talking about Russians (in this case women) is wrong, what I think that is being said is that trashing women by quoting any old negative bullsh*t that is posted on the internet and then attempting to portray the rubbish as the truth is:
  1. offensive
  2. counter productive
  3. misleading
  4. derogatory
  5. insulting

Quote:
You may not find the conversation helpful but other people do and knowing in advance what they are getting into, in my view, will help them to make the right choice and have better chances to create a happy family.
If I was about to embark on such an adventure then I would ask myself, why would I want to spend any time, let alone have a family with:
  1. A woman who does not know how to show affection.
  2. A woman that will never show any appreciation.
  3. A woman who is as sexually exciting as a dead horse.
  4. A woman who will refuse to sleep in the same bed as me.
  5. a woman who is cold and calculating and only cares about material things.

Quote:
Like it or lump it we all had to make a choice, when we were looking for a wife material..... and having a little information about their culture, living conditions and few other things, it assisted us to make the best choice as human possible.

Not all characters are the same, as you very well know, and finding the right match is not an easy task!

I will fully agree that discussing the cultural differences can be very valuable to some one who is just starting out on the adventure of a cross cultural relationship.

Here I will ask if anybody thinks that defending such a misleading drivel is of benefit to anybody?

Last edited by Rasboinik on 11 Nov 2010 00:43, edited 3 times in total.

Post Number:#50  PostPosted: 11 Nov 2010 00:39 

wiz wrote:

Are you telling me that women are the same all over the world and no cultural differences exist between Russian and Western cultures?

No, I'm not saying that at all.
It's the culture that makes the difference, not the woman.

Quote:

I never said you shouldn't.

Quote:

There's nothing helpful about posting stupid articles that only continue the tedious stereotyping of Russian women as little more than prostitutes who are all looking for rich Americans to fuc*k in exchange for a passport to better life.

Quote:

Sorry, I disagree. You made a conscious decision to search out a Russian woman and you did all kinds of research to help you make that choice. Others have done the same, and that's fine. But some of us didn't go looking for "wife material", as you so disparagingly put it, as I have already said. So please don't tar us all with the same brush.

Quote:

I wouldn't claim to know anything about finding the right match for the simple reason that I've never tried. I just try deal with people as I find them.

Quote:
I don't know anything about your history, regarding your relationship with Anna, as you have not posted anything...... but I and many others have posted details of our adventure..... and I am sure some other people have found useful information on our Travel Reports, as I did too reading other peoples reports!

I don't deny that there is much useful information to be had from the various members posts about their relationships, their travel experiences and their experiences with various visa issues and this is one of the main reasons why people come here. I'm happy to pass on what knowledge I have as regards travel and visas, and to a certain extent relationships but not about my personal relationship. What I reveal on a public forum is my prerogative.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next