Post subject: Re: Google and Privacy
Post Number:#11  PostPosted: 27 Feb 2011 21:26 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
wicheese wrote:
wiz wrote:
Sure they haven't spent so much money to throw a good product away. Do they?

Who can verify that they have not gave them already to the American Secret services?
Wiz,

Now the conspiracy theory thickens as your last sentence sounds like it could have come from Mr. Putin himself. [biggrin.gif]

Related to Google, we all know that the #2 man is a Russian and on a recent trip to Russia I was sitting next to the man who is responsible for the technology of Google Maps/Earth as he was an MSU grad and had a PhD in mathematics. So with all the Russian connections, maybe it's FSB that is archiving the data.
No these were my own words..... and I am not fan of him, as he did not answered my letter for a FREE visa to Russia, where Medvedev did twice! [tonque.gif]

I am sure all the secret services around the world they do make use of the very high resolution Google Earth images version..... and also keep their data bases full of street images and who knows, maybe they get them directly.........for free...... [lol.gif]

It appears that the Greek tax authorities make use of Google Earth too to catch up people with swimming pools, so they can pay the extra charges........ [lol.gif]

I read in a Greek Newspaper that in Athens only very few people reported the existence of a pool in their houses...... and the Tax man, used Google earth and found out a few 1000's more.......... [rolfsmall.gif]

On a serious note Google Earth and Maps are an extremely useful tool to have but the street images collection goes too far! [sad.gif]

Post Number:#12  PostPosted: 27 Feb 2011 23:06 

Her/His Country: Ukraine
RW_here_since: 2007
Times_to_FSU: 16 times in Ukraine
Markje wrote:
AngloUkrainian wrote:
Why are you so worried about Google streetview photographing your house, what are you hiding?

You've got nothing to hide, is one of the worst examples of why it should never be allowed.

Jews in '38/39 also thought they had nothing to hide when someone forced them to wear that star visibly on the clothes. Who cares if they know I am a Jew, its not a crime, right ?

That was just banter between me and Wiz, I know the old Greek from another forum we both postred on long ago. [biggrin.gif]

A strange comparison between Google street view and the Nazis, I don't think it's as sinister as that. [bad.gif]

Post Number:#13  PostPosted: 27 Feb 2011 23:17 
Veteran Member

Her/His Country: Russia/Holland
RW_here_since: 2005
Times_to_FSU: 5
What I have found most interesting is that Google has remained the face of a "friendly"company, where as if Microsoft would attempt similar software and antics, half of the world would try to sue them for it.

Post Number:#14  PostPosted: 03 May 2011 19:37 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Interesting comments about Google