All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Do we have Double Standards?
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 25 Mar 2011 20:29 
Offline
Expert Member
User avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2011
Last Visit: 03 Sep 2012 04:28
Posts: 276
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Status: Married
Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: Nov 2011
Times_to_FSU: 10+
Did you have to do it because Western Women are FAT????


OK, after seeing a picture of a man on who posts regularily on the FSU forums and who is famous for using the excuse that western women are FAT as a reason for men to look in the FSU for thin women, I realized how much of a double standard he had because he was FAT. Also, in many cases when I see a picture of the western man with FSUW, the WM is overweight. I do not have a problem with this because it would be hard to convince me that upgrading on the attractiveness of women we can find is not one of the primary reasons we look overseas (I freely admit that this was a reason for me). But, is it right to blame western womens appearance, especially their waistline, as a legitimate reason for looking overseas?


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do we have Double Standards?
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 26 Mar 2011 07:12 
Offline
Admin
User avatar

Joined: 28 Oct 2008
Last Visit: 30 Dec 2020 14:27
Posts: 3641
Location: Surrey UK
Gender: Male
Status: Married
Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Maybe in the USA you can find the majority of women are fat but that doesn't mean that the majority of women in the West are also fat and you can't find slim women in USA or the west. The obesity trend in USA is coming over here too but simply you can't make generalisations.

I think I know for which person you are talking about and yes he is not a fashion model himself but always bragged the idea that by going to Russia you can find a slim woman. If that is your only aim.... then good luck to you, when she becomes middle age......and lived in the west for a few years, for sure you will notice the changes in her body.

Many people miss the point that in Russia, till lately, many people don't have cars to go to work, shopping and do many other things and have mostly to walk alot daily. Once they come over here and they start driving around ....... take a look at their waist.... soon changes.

I know that you are a runner and obviously exercise your self, probably on a daily basis, therefore you keep slim and fit but you are still young........

I don't know what is your job but if it is an office one and you stop exercising as mentioned above daily, soon you will discover your waist getting rounder, as it did for me, many years back, when I came to UK and started an office job and didn't bother exercising.

Double standards is an excuse and nothing more to cover a man's inability to find a slim woman in the west..... and especially very young one who will accept large age gap!

_________________
.
Image


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do we have Double Standards?
Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 26 Mar 2011 12:16 
Offline
Expert Member
User avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2011
Last Visit: 03 Sep 2012 04:28
Posts: 276
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Status: Married
Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: Nov 2011
Times_to_FSU: 10+
wiz wrote:
Double standards is an excuse and nothing more to cover a man's inability to find a slim woman in the west..... and especially very young one who will accept large age gap!


Wiz,

It's not even a majority of women in the USA who are overweight, just a perception and high enough percentage that it's noticeable (I've run several marathons where there are far more women than men and it's hard to find one that's overweight).

One of the reasons I added this thread is due to the fact that we all need to look in the mirror and realize what package we are offering the ladies as I'm a firm believer that I will not demand a standard from another person that I'm not willing to meet myself (one reason why I run and work hard on the waistline). So when one looks overseas, we should be honest with ourselves in what we offer and realize that we're often doing it not because of any deficiency in western women, but because in the FSU we can attract ladies that might be out of our league in the west based on the package we offer.


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do we have Double Standards?
Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 26 Mar 2011 13:51 
Offline
Veteran Member
User avatar

Joined: 03 Aug 2010
Last Visit: 09 Jul 2011 21:14
Posts: 547
Location: Middle England
Times_to_FSU: Too many (some would say)
Yes, of course double standards are present. In my experience it is typical that the fat men who are blind to the size of their own waist lines are usually the type who also think FSUW are desperate to leave their homelands. These men are collectively known as ‘stupid’.

wiz wrote:
I think I know for which person you are talking about and yes he is not a fashion model himself but always bragged the idea that by going to Russia you can find a slim woman. If that is your only aim.... then good luck to you, when she becomes middle age......and lived in the west for a few years, for sure you will notice the changes in her body.


Due to seeking someone much younger than me I have been told often enough that the marriage won’t last …. so I personally am not going to worry too much what she looks like when she’s old. [thumbs.gif]

wiz wrote:
Many people miss the point that in Russia, till lately, many people don't have cars to go to work, shopping and do many other things and have mostly to walk alot daily. Once they come over here and they start driving around ....... take a look at their waist.... soon changes.


Many people also miss the point that exercise (particularly walking) won’t be of much help if you eat mire than you burn. You'll be fitter for sure, but still fat. I think you will find that FSUW who come ‘here’ and put on weight will do so because of their change in diet and driving instead of walking will have little to do with this.

_________________
Bad spellers of the world untie.


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do we have Double Standards?
Post Number:#5  PostPosted: 26 Mar 2011 15:24 
Offline
Expert Member
User avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2011
Last Visit: 03 Sep 2012 04:28
Posts: 276
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Status: Married
Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: Nov 2011
Times_to_FSU: 10+
Quote:
Due to seeking someone much younger than me I have been told often enough that the marriage won’t last …. so I personally am not going to worry too much what she looks like when she’s old.


Now this is a realistic statement. Thanks for the laugh as I'm off to the gym. [rolfsmall.gif]


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do we have Double Standards?
Post Number:#6  PostPosted: 28 Mar 2011 09:52 
Offline
Admin
User avatar

Joined: 28 Oct 2008
Last Visit: 30 Dec 2020 14:27
Posts: 3641
Location: Surrey UK
Gender: Male
Status: Married
Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Vinnvinny wrote:
Yes, of course double standards are present. In my experience it is typical that the fat men who are blind to the size of their own waist lines are usually the type who also think FSUW are desperate to leave their homelands. These men are collectively known as ‘stupid’.
Are you including myself in this category that you call "Stupid"?

While (when) I was travelling to Ukraine for business, without any intention of looking for a wife, I was not the same size as today, I did noticed that women there were desperate to leave their homeland and they had no problem with the size of my stomach, whenever I came into close contact with many of them.

For sure I was able to understand their reasons and while I enjoyed their company I did made sure that I had an upper limit on the age gap which would not allow me to start any close and meaningful relationship with any UKr woman who was younger than 40 years old. When I seriously started looking for a partner I wasn't vain to look for an "Arm candy" or an "Ornament" on my side, due to the limited shell life of such relationships but I still had the opportunity to attract more older, slim and sexy women who at their age minimised the risks and our age gap wasn't/is so noticeable as in the case you described. On the other hand I do like some meat on the right places..... and bones never was my staple diet! Twiggy is more sexy looking now than in those years of her huge fame..... but you are too young to remember! [tonque.gif]

I know it took me longer to find what I was looking for ..... But finally I did find her! [wink.gif]

Excluding slim and sexy women near our age with more chances of a successful relationship is sheer lunacy and the aim to find a young smokinghotkova with a huge age gap, which by its nature is bound to failure then is........I will let you add the missing word! [tonque.gif]

Vinnvinny wrote:
wiz wrote:
Many people miss the point that in Russia, till lately, many people don't have cars to go to work, shopping and do many other things and have mostly to walk alot daily. Once they come over here and they start driving around ....... take a look at their waist.... soon changes.
Many people also miss the point that exercise (particularly walking) won’t be of much help if you eat mire than you burn. You'll be fitter for sure, but still fat. I think you will find that FSUW who come ‘here’ and put on weight will do so because of their change in diet and driving instead of walking will have little to do with this.
You will be surprised to know that my intake of healthy food and not the crap that Tesco and other supermarkets are selling, is very small but the luck of exercise is what has increased my waist line, especially after my last year's gallstone operation where the bile has taken out, which breaks down any fat in our food!

Walking, jogging, bicycling, elliptical exercise and stair climbing are all great fat burners. It’s best to stay away from fried food and too many sugary desserts. Abdominal fat losses are a 50% exercise, 50% nutrition combination. Regardless of how much you workout, and I agree with you that, if the number of calories you take in is greater than the amount you burn, you’ll still put on abdominal fat.

So I am off for my walk and garden activities........ [tonque.gif] [rolfsmall.gif]

_________________
.
Image


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do we have Double Standards?
Post Number:#7  PostPosted: 28 Mar 2011 19:09 
Offline
Veteran Member
User avatar

Joined: 03 Aug 2010
Last Visit: 09 Jul 2011 21:14
Posts: 547
Location: Middle England
Times_to_FSU: Too many (some would say)
wiz wrote:
Are you including myself in this category that you call "Stupid"?

While (when) I was travelling to Ukraine for business, without any intention of looking for a wife, I was not the same size as today, I did noticed that women there were desperate to leave their homeland and they had no problem with the size of my stomach, whenever I came into close contact with many of them.
[rolfsmall.gif]


I will call you stupid if you want, your call. [biggrin.gif]

Things must have changed then as I have never met a girl who is desperate to leave. [drink-coffee.gif]

wiz wrote:
For sure I was able to understand their reasons and while I enjoyed their company I did made sure that I had an upper limit on the age gap which would not allow me to start any close and meaningful relationship with any UKr woman who was younger than 40 years old. When I seriously started looking for a partner I wasn't vain to look for an "Arm candy" or an "Ornament" on my side, due to the limited shell life of such relationships but I still had the opportunity to attract more older, slim and sexy women who at their age minimised the risks and our age gap wasn't/is so noticeable as in the case you described. On the other hand I do like some meat on the right places..... and bones never was my staple diet! Twiggy is more sexy looking now than in those years of her huge fame..... but you are too young to remember! [tonque.gif]


One size doesn’t fit all Wiz and we all have different needs. There’s nothing wrong with a lady IMO who looks like arm candy provided she has something between her ears and a good heart. Of course I remember Twiggy in the height of her fame and I prefer her as she was then. Currently I don’t find women of a certain age attractive …… so what do you suggest I do about that? [surprised.gif]

wiz wrote:
Excluding slim and sexy women near our age with more chances of a successful relationship is sheer lunacy and the aim to find a young smokinghotkova with a huge age gap, which by its nature is bound to failure then is........I will let you add the missing word! [tonque.gif]


Thanks for educating me about the ages of women I should find attractive. Can you also let me know what car I should drive, what house I should live in and where I should go on holiday? Do you think I should continue to date ladies who I find attractive or now date by date of birth? [confused.gif]

wiz wrote:
You will be surprised to know that my intake of healthy food and not the crap that Tesco and other supermarkets are selling, is very small but the luck of exercise is what has increased my waist line, especially after my last year's gallstone operation where the bile has taken out, which breaks down any fat in our food!

Walking, jogging, bicycling, elliptical exercise and stair climbing are all great fat burners. It’s best to stay away from fried food and too many sugary desserts. Abdominal fat losses are a 50% exercise, 50% nutrition combination. Regardless of how much you workout, and I agree with you that, if the number of calories you take in is greater than the amount you burn, you’ll still put on abdominal fat.

So I am off for my walk and garden activities........ [tonque.gif] [rolfsmall.gif]


I had my gall bladder removed 23 years ago and haven’t put on a pound since. I think you will find it’s nearer 80% diet and 20% exercise.

Just finished my chicken salad and off to play squash in a moment. [wink.gif]

_________________
Bad spellers of the world untie.


 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB