Russian World Forums
http://russianworldforums.com/

The American fascination with Russian women
http://russianworldforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1328
Page 1 of 2

Author:  wiz [ 04 Apr 2011 11:04 ]
Post subject:  The American fascination with Russian women

The American fascination with Russian women


From Russia with lust: Femme fatal Anna Chapman, to Russian mail-order brides, to our very own RT correspondents. Americans are infatuated with Russian women!

RT took to the streets of Washington, DC to try to figure out what all the fuss is about.

One young gentleman explained it like this: "I feel that they are attractive, that you can mail order them, and that they are exotic."

When asked if he would ever "mail-order" a bride, he responded: "It kinda takes the romance out of it if you're mail ordering a bride."

Others, however, weren't so turned off by the notion of having USPS help out with their love life.

"You know, I got an email about that like a week ago, beautiful Russian women," said another individual.

Speaking of beautiful Russian women, RT's very own Marina Orlova of Marina Hot for Words has been capitalizing on this trend and gaining quite the fan following.



It looks like the Cold War just got a whole lot hotter!

[drinks.gif]

From RT

Author:  wicheese [ 04 Apr 2011 16:44 ]
Post subject:  Re: The American fascination with Russian women

Aside from the article, I wonder if the fascination is any more in America than other places like the UK, France, Germanany, or even Turkey? In my opinion I think maybe not as the distance cools things for Americans, plus we have a big Asian influence (I was on eHarmony once and opened my search radius to the entire world and was flooded by profiles from China and Phillipines) as well as closer options like Columbia.

The second question is, does the extra effort Americans and Canadians make in getting to the location make us more serious for a long-term relationship (yes, I'm really asking, does proximity increase the chances of a man being a sex tourist, not that any person would admit to being such and not that I'm saying if one who lives close is one)? I'll just use one example from my very first trip to Russia, I ran a marathon in Omsk and ran into an elderly British man (I'll give him 60's) who was there with a smoking hot Russian lady about 30 years his junior. Anyways, he was married and most likely her sponsor and I could see making such an arrangement work when you are only a short flight away, but could not imagine making the same thing work (unless you had an understanding with your wife) if you lived on the other side of the ocean.

Author:  Vinnvinny [ 04 Apr 2011 22:46 ]
Post subject:  Re: The American fascination with Russian women

wicheese wrote:
The second question is, does the extra effort Americans and Canadians make in getting to the location make us more serious for a long-term relationship (yes, I'm really asking, does proximity increase the chances of a man being a sex tourist, not that any person would admit to being such and not that I'm saying if one who lives close is one)? I'll just use one example from my very first trip to Russia, I ran a marathon in Omsk and ran into an elderly British man (I'll give him 60's) who was there with a smoking hot Russian lady about 30 years his junior. Anyways, he was married and most likely her sponsor and I could see making such an arrangement work when you are only a short flight away, but could not imagine making the same thing work (unless you had an understanding with your wife) if you lived on the other side of the ocean.


This is an accurate observation in my opinion and as I have mentioned elsewhere then the close proximity (combined with a number of other personal factors) have definitely meant I have taken my time. If I was based in America then I am sure my approach would be fundamentally different.

Author:  Donhollio [ 05 Apr 2011 01:56 ]
Post subject:  Re: The American fascination with Russian women

[surprised.gif] I think I wrote that Olga !!!

wicheese wrote:
The second question is, does the extra effort Americans and Canadians make in getting to the location make us more serious for a long-term relationship (yes, I'm really asking, does proximity increase the chances of a man being a sex tourist, not that any person would admit to being such and not that I'm saying if one who lives close is one)?


I've never encountered that, though I have also never been told by them that its easy to fly to the FSU from Canada. What I realised over the years is that they really have no concept of the time and toll it takes to get to the FSU from N.Am.

Author:  wiz [ 05 Apr 2011 10:49 ]
Post subject:  Re: The American fascination with Russian women

Donhollio wrote:
.[surprised.gif] I think I wrote that Olga !!!


I see no posts by Olga on this thread..... [wink.gif]

What are you talking about?

Author:  wicheese [ 05 Apr 2011 12:30 ]
Post subject:  Re: The American fascination with Russian women

Yikes! Last time I checked I was not looking like any Olga I know as cross-dressing is not something I aspire to. [very_funny.gif]

Author:  Rasboinik [ 05 Apr 2011 17:36 ]
Post subject:  Re: The American fascination with Russian women

wicheese wrote:
Yikes! Last time I checked I was not looking like any Olga I know as cross-dressing is not something I aspire to. [very_funny.gif]


Cross-Dressing [drool5pz0.gif] .
Don't knock it until you have tried it. [rolfsmall.gif]
Image

Author:  Olga [ 06 Apr 2011 00:08 ]
Post subject:  Re: The American fascination with Russian women

Quote:
The American fascination with Russian women


I like this part from an interview - "that you can mail order them." I guess for many Westerners it is fascinating though "it kinda takes the romance out of it if you're mail ordering a bride." [tonque.gif]


Author:  Olga [ 06 Apr 2011 00:19 ]
Post subject:  Re: The American fascination with Russian women

Rasboinik wrote:
wicheese wrote:
Yikes! Last time I checked I was not looking like any Olga I know as cross-dressing is not something I aspire to. [very_funny.gif]


Cross-Dressing [drool5pz0.gif] .
Don't knock it until you have tried it. [rolfsmall.gif]
Image


why not? [rolleyes.gif] we, women, wear pants, shorts, ties and so on [drink-coffee.gif] and no problem at all

Author:  wicheese [ 06 Apr 2011 03:27 ]
Post subject:  Re: The American fascination with Russian women

Olga wrote:
Rasboinik wrote:
wicheese wrote:
Yikes! Last time I checked I was not looking like any Olga I know as cross-dressing is not something I aspire to. [very_funny.gif]


Cross-Dressing [drool5pz0.gif] .
Don't knock it until you have tried it. [rolfsmall.gif]
Image


why not? [rolleyes.gif] we, women, wear pants, shorts, ties and so on [drink-coffee.gif] and no problem at all


It's all part of of the double standard we men often have. For example, it's perfectly normal for two imagine two women making love, but tell us to imagine two man in the act and and image is less appealing to us. Now on the topic of dresses and cross dressing, well being a runner and having a few runs where bad chafing in a certain area took place I'm sure either a dress or Scottish Kilt would have been more comfortable as long as I was in commando mode. [embarrased.gif]

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB