All times are UTC

Post subject: What makes a person a "SEX TOURIST"?
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011 17:29 
Expert Member

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: Nov 2011
Times_to_FSU: 10+
What makes a person a "SEX TOURIST"?

OK, having read several members on another board try and frame a member here as a sex tourist, seemingly to discredit his opinion as he points out some very good facts about how bad the pay-per-letter big aggregators are when trying to find a wife in the FSU.

So I thought I would open up the topic here of what a sex tourist really is?

1. In the most basic sense, a sex tourist could be someone who just happens to have sex with another person we meet when on vacation, by that loose definition we probably are all guilty. [drinks.gif]

2. There is the obvious group, men who head to a destination solely to have sex with prostitues, I think this is a safe category that all could agree on as being a sex tourist.

3. I have seen some who point to men who take tours as sex tourists, but can that be a good guide because many men in the FSUW pursuit have either been on tours or attended a tour related event, especially in the earlier years. Even some of the men who are pointing fingers at this group because of a dislike for (edit) speicfic tour operators have been on tours themselves, so could we disqualify such a statement? What about those who say the many of the women who attend such events are what we might call working girls (not even sure if that claim is true)?

4. What about the older man who might move to someplace like Tallinn and then sponsor teenagers in exchange for services rendered? This is accepted practice in those locations and he's not traveling as he's a resident but he's not native, so is this a form of sex tourist?

5. I'll save the best for last, what about the man who meets a lady and has serious intent, they spend time getting to know each other and during this process they happen to slip between the sheets and do the wild thing. But, as the trip moves along or maybe after the trip the man realizes she's not the one and ends the relationship. So in any way did the man take advantage of the situation, especially if it was consensual? Is that reason to hang the sex tourist label on him? Also, would not all men who had a serious FSUW relationship fall into this category which makes it more than a little silly when trying to hang the sex tourist label on someone?

My botton line is that many men who might complain about someone else, might have situations themselves, in their past that might make it seem like they are applying double standards. What are the views of others on this topic?

Post subject: Re: What makes a person a "SEX TOURIST"?
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011 17:39 
Veteran Member

RW_here_since: 2007
Times_to_FSU: 25
Personally having been on three big agency tours for someone who really wants to be a sex tourist, they are probably wasting their time or at least not using it very effectivly. Someone looking for a wife is probably don't the same but I do think that is the intent for most of the guys.

Personally I think someone who goes and meets a lady while looking for a wife and who hops in the sack with her even though by that time he has made up his mind that she is probably not his future wife is a sex tourist either.

To me the deciding factor is his intent. If his intent in planning his trip is to get laid by one or more ladies and he is not really looking for a wife then he is a sex tourist.

Of Course guys who vaction for a while in the red light district of Amsterdam or Bangkok is a sex tourist.

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011 19:51 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ

Now that is an interesting question.

My definition of a "sex tourist" is someone who travels solely for the purpose of having sex.

Now I will ask about someone travels for a different reasons, here are two that I can think of.

• They love to travel and experience different cultures.

• They have the type of job that takes them all over the world.

Such a person meets someone be it in a bar, a supermarket, (one case that I know of) was almost run over by the other party, they happened to meet at work or any other of the multitude of ways that one person meets another.

The people that meet end up "making music" together, so what is the problem as long as they are both consenting adults.

Now a different tilt on the issue.

Many many years ago I was travelling, I meet a girl who was also travelling, we clicked and we ended up spending a lot of time "making music" then we parted and we parted because we stuck to our original plans her plans were to continue on her travels to country "A" mine were to continue on my travels to country "B".
Here is the synopsis, we could both have been classified as tourists, we "made music" so which one of us was the sex tourist? Me? Her? Both? I will argue neither because as far as I am aware neither of us was travelling just for the sake of having sex.

OK hole in my argument, I cannot say that. that girl was not travelling for the sake of having a shag in every country that she visited, but I can say that if that was her intention then she would have picked a local and not a fellow traveller.

I will take this one drastic step further let take three different people travelling to an exotic land.
One travels because he has heard that it is cheap to "hire" a body for the purpose of having sex, the person arrives in that exotic land and immediately seeks out an establishment were they can find a body for hire.
Sex tourist"

The second person travels to the same exotic land, revels in the culture and the strange local customs, in the evening that person thinks "OH I would like to have a drink" they go for a wander and stumble across a brightly lit bar, they enter that bar and ask for a drink while they are having a their drink they spot someone who they look the like of, they approach that person and say,
"Hello, do you come here often (what a pathetic line [very_funny.gif] )
the other person answers with a nice smile, next question "can I buy you a drink" the person answers "Yes of course" after a few more drinks comes the question,
"Can I show you my etchings (I am full of pathetic lines [rolfsmall.gif] )
they receive an answer along the lines of "I would love to see your etchings but I am afraid that I will have to charge you a fee" and they reply with "OK no problem".
Not sex tourist.

The third person travels to the same exotic land and also revels in the culture and the strange local customs, in the evening thinks "OH I would like to have a drink" they also go out for a wander and find another brightly lit bar while they are enjoying the local beverages they strike up a conversation, after a few hours the staff in the bar informs the two revellers "Sorry but this bar is closing, you must finish your drinks and leave" one of the revellers looks at the other and asks "your place or mine" [lol.gif]
An opportunist

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 23 Apr 2011 00:20 
Expert Member

Rasboinik wrote:
The second person travels to the same exotic land, revels in the culture and the strange local customs, in the evening that person thinks "OH I would like to have a drink" they go for a wander and stumble across a brightly lit bar, they enter that bar and ask for a drink while they are having a their drink they spot someone who they look the like of, they approach that person and say,

Raffy,

That does bring back memories of a trip to Vietnam, as I ended up in one of the bigger nightclubs in Hanoi while I was visiting a friend teaching there and we were going out with a few of his Vietnamese counterparts for a beer. Anyways, as I was surveying the crowd a cute young lady asks me to dance and I think, why not and after a few dances I go back to my friends with her trailing behind when the ladies friend comes up (attractive and well built for an Asian lady) and starts talking to me as her friend knew very little English, the conversation goes a little along the lines of, "my friend really likes you and she was wondering if you would like to go home with us as we'd like to make love to you and each other". I was thinking, whoa, what an opportunity until I turned to my friend who was having a hard time standing up from laughing so hard which caused me to ask, "are they working girls", to which he answered, "you bet your ass they are". Needless, I turned down the offer despite being slightly tempted at the time.

About two weeks after returning home, my friend sends me a news article about the nightclub as it was shutdown after a raid by the police to break a prostitution and drug ring.

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: 23 Apr 2011 08:08 
Admin

RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
wicheese wrote:

OK, having read several members on another board try and frame a member here as a sex tourist, seemingly to discredit his opinion as he points out some very good facts about how bad the pay-per-letter big aggregators are when trying to find a wife in the FSU.

5. I'll save the best for last, what about the man who meets a lady and has serious intent, they spend time getting to know each other and during this process they happen to slip between the sheets and do the wild thing. But, as the trip moves along or maybe after the trip the man realizes she's not the one and ends the relationship. So in any way did the man take advantage of the situation, especially if it was consensual? Is that reason to hang the sex tourist label on him? Also, would not all men who had a serious FSUW relationship fall into this category which makes it more than a little silly when trying to hang the sex tourist label on someone?

My botton line is that many men who might complain about someone else, might have situations themselves, in their past that might make it seem like they are applying double standards. What are the views of others on this topic?
Most men who are posting on these boards and have travelled to the FSU ........ fall in the above category and had consensual sex except if they had problems rising the flag! I see nothing wrong with the fact that while people getting to know each other they also have sex, because like it or not sex is very important in any relationship. I was told by a Russian woman that of course after several days and if she likes the guy she will have sex as she wants to know if he can deliver.... and I see nothing wrong with that.

Don't we follow the same pattern locally, so what is the difference for having sex when going over their and meet a woman?

Some of us have the guts to openly admit it, some others, cover it under a different expressions. Some say "we had many showers", some say "we had a good time", "spend the night watching a film" [haha.gif] but most men will not openly admit it, because they are worried of been called sex tourists or of having low moral standards and so on.

For the two characters who try to discredit our esteem member with the slur of "sex tourist, having sex with young women" all I have to say is: "Bloody hypocrites"! [angry2.gif]

As about the NEW business model they are promoting, I said before that it's a "scammers paradise" and nothing more and I totally agree with the views of our member, who has shredded their spinning to small peaces.

Of course we all know the Brits are very good at exporting second hand "expensive cars" to the Russians........ [english_flag.gif]

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: 23 Apr 2011 12:04 

RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
Following on to the post by "wiz"

What is the big issue about someone who happens to meet a lady and they end up agreeing to have a wrestling match?

What does it matter where they meet, NO it does not, what matters is that they enjoy each others company.

It is only pathetic puritanical hypocrites that attempt to judge other individuals by moral standards that they most probably do not adhere to themselves.

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: 23 Apr 2011 14:11 
Expert Member

Rasboinik wrote:
It is only pathetic puritanical hypocrites that attempt to judge other individuals by moral standards that they most probably do not adhere to themselves.

I've seen this case over and over again. Some are religiously uptight and don't want to have sex before marriage (in that I can respect their opinion), but most trying to hang the sex tourist label on others have in there past, more than a few questionable situations.

The most important thing is that a person does what they feel comfortable with as long as it's consensual, because as it was mentioned, it's probably no different from how things would flow when dating back home. BTW, I have been told by more than a few FSUW that sex is no big deal with one equating it to a natural bodily function, so with that thought it could very well be the WM who is being taken advantage of (in that they are working to get the hooks in him to accomplish their goal). [wink.gif]

Post Number:#8  PostPosted: 13 Sep 2011 15:23 

RW_here_since: n/a
Times_to_FSU: n/a
Hmm ! I would mind a bit of that or indeed a bit of the other !!
[yes.gif] [welcome1.gif]