All times are UTC

Post subject: Putin Crushes BBC's John Simpson
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 04 Oct 2015 05:58 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
LIVE - Putin holds annual press conference in Moscow

Streamed live on 18 Dec 2014 - Conference starts after 14.00 minute.

NOTE: For people wondering about the volume of Putin being too loud... Use headphones. This is how translation things work. 1 ear for the original, and the other ear for the translator.

Russian President Vladimir Putin is giving his tenth annual major news press conference at Moscow's World Trade Centre, Thursday. During the several-hours-long annual presser, the Russian president answers uncensored questions from journalists, and reflects on the outgoing year. A total of 1,259 journalists from 18 countries have been accredited.

Having watched the whole conference and read the transcript on the President's site, I was impressed with his ability to speek for so long time without of any notes or any other assistance, so I would like to ask:

Is there any other Western leader capable of standing up, without Teleprompter, and answering a mass of questions, some softball, some hostile, for thee (3) hours?

Given the recent developments during the year 2015, do “Western values" even permit Western leaders to be asked question like the one from John Simpson of the BBC?

Putin Crushes BBC's John Simpson

John Simpson, BBC: Western countries almost universally now believe that there’s a new Cold War and that you, frankly, have decided to create that. We see, almost daily, Russian aircraft taking sometimes quite dangerous manoeuvres towards western airspace. That must be done on your orders; you’re the Commander-in-Chief.

It must have been your orders that sent Russian troops into the territory of a sovereign country – Crimea first, and then whatever it is that’s going on in Eastern Ukraine.

Now you’ve got a big problem with the currency of Russia, and you’re going to need help and support and understanding from outside countries, particularly from the West.

So can I say to you, can I ask you now, would you care to take this opportunity to say to people from the West that you have no desire to carry on with the new Cold War, and that you will do whatever you can to sort out the problems in Ukraine?
Thank you!

Vladimir Putin: Thank you very much for your question. About our exercises, manoeuvres and the development of our armed forces. You said that Russia, to a certain extent, contributed to the tension that we are now seeing in the world. Russia did contribute but only insofar as it is more and more firmly protecting its national interests. We are not attacking in the political sense of the word. We are not attacking anyone. We are only protecting our interests. Our Western partners – and especially our US partners – are displeased with us for doing exactly that, not because we are allowing security-related activity that provokes tension.

Let me explain. You are talking about our aircraft, including strategic aviation operations. Do you know that in the early 1990s, Russia completely stopped strategic aviation flights in remote surveillance areas as the Soviet Union previously did? We completely stopped, while flights of US strategic aircraft carrying nuclear weapons continued. Why? Against whom? Who was threatened?

So we didn’t make flights for many years and only a couple of years ago we resumed them. So are we really the ones doing the provoking?

So, in fact, we only have two bases outside Russia, and both are in areas where terrorist activity is high. One is in Kyrgyzstan, and was deployed there upon request of the Kyrgyz authorities, President Akayev, after it was raided by Afghan militants. The other is in Tajikistan, which also borders on Afghanistan. I would guess you are interested in peace and stability there too. Our presence is justified and clearly understandable.

Now, US bases are scattered around the globe – and you’re telling me Russia is behaving aggressively? Do you have any common sense at all? What are US armed forces doing in Europe, also with tactical nuclear weapons? What are they doing there?

Listen, Russia has increased its military spending for 2015, if I am not mistaken, it is around 50 billion in dollar equivalent. The Pentagon’s budget is ten times that amount, $575 billion, I think, recently approved by the Congress. And you’re telling me we are pursuing an aggressive policy? Is there any common sense in this?

Are we moving our forces to the borders of the United States or other countries? Who is moving NATO bases and other military infrastructure towards us? We aren’t. Is anyone listening to us? Is anyone engaging in some dialogue with us about it? No. No dialogue at all. All we hear is “that’s none of your business. Every country has the right to choose its way to ensure its own security.” All right, but we have the right to do so too. Why can’t we?

Finally, the ABM system – something I mentioned in my Address to the Federal Assembly. Who was it that withdrew unilaterally from the ABM Treaty, one of the cornerstones of the global security system? Was it Russia? No, it wasn’t. The United States did this, unilaterally. They are creating threats for us, they are deploying their strategic missile defence components not just in Alaska, but in Europe as well – in Romania and Poland, very close to us. And you’re telling me we are pursuing an aggressive policy?

If the question is whether we want law-based relations, the answer is yes, but only if our national economic and security interests are absolutely respected.

We negotiated WTO accession for 19 years or so, and consented to compromise on many issues, assuming that we are concluding cast-iron agreements. And then… I will not discuss who’s right and who’s wrong (I already said on many occasions that I believe Russia behaved the right way in the Ukrainian crisis, and the West was wrong, but let us put this aside for now). Still, we joined the WTO. That organisation has rules. And yet, sanctions were imposed on Russia in violation of the WTO rules, the international law and the UN Charter – again unilaterally and illegitimately. Are we in the wrong again?

We want to develop normal relations in the security sphere, in fighting terrorism. We will work together on nuclear non-proliferation. We will work together on other threats, including drugs, organised crime and grave infections, such as Ebola. We will do all this jointly, and we will cooperate in the economic sphere, if our partners want this.

And then ... later: The final question – how about one on the economy. We started with the economy, and we’ll finish with it as well.

Alexander Kolander, Dow Jones: Mr Putin, you said the ruble is falling and economic problems are emerging because of the declining price of oil. But the ruble began weakening in 2013, investment flows began shrinking even before that, and members of the Government responsible for economic matters spoke about economic problems even before the ruble began falling. The situation is similar to having a cold – a healthy person can go on ignoring the symptoms, while a sick person suffers much more from the same cold.

Don’t you think that the economic problems are the result of the personnel decisions as well as domestic and foreign policy moves of the last two or three years? Do you think you are personally responsible for these moves, for the weakened ruble and economic problems?

And the last question – have you made a decision about running for another term, and will this decision depend on the ruble rate and the economic situation?

Vladimir Putin: It depends on the overall result of our performance – the president, the Government and the Central Bank. I would say it is too early for anyone to make any decisions about running in 2018 presidential elections. We must work our hardest for the sake of and in the interests of the Russian people, and then look at the results of this work and at the public sentiment to decide who should run in 2018. That’s first.

Second, the head of state always bears responsibility for everything that happens in the country, as do officials throughout the government hierarchy. I have never tried to evade responsibility and I am not going to start now.

Finally, as for mistakes with personnel and so on – everyone makes mistakes. In general, I would repeat that personal accountability should be increased – all Central Bank and Government officials should be responsible for the work entrusted to them. At the same time, I believe that most administrative bodies, including the Government and the financial authorities, are coping with the issues facing Russia today.

I said this at the start, and I would like to repeat this in conclusion: we are indeed going through a difficult period. The difficulties are caused by a range of objective and perhaps subjective circumstances – meaning that certain steps could have been taken faster and more resolutely.

Overall, I think that the Central Bank and the Government are pursuing the right policies. This gives us grounds to believe that we can achieve the social targets set out in the 2012 executive orders and overcome the current problems in the medium term, if not in the near future, by maintaining macroeconomic stability and a healthy economy and by using available reserves.

I have already said why it will happen – because the economy will eventually adjust to low energy prices and will start to diversify.

And second, even if energy prices remain low or continue to decline, there will come a time when energy prices will resume growing again when the global economy and the demand for energy grow.

I’m absolutely confident that this will happen. But how will it happen? We will see how the authorities – the financial and managerial sectors and the Government – perform and evaluate them accordingly.

We can be absolutely sure that the worst will pass, and that we will overcome this very difficult situation, emerging from it stronger domestically, in the global economy and on the international stage. We have the necessary resources to meet our social commitments, to strengthen our defences, and to modernise the army and the navy, and we will definitely use them to implement our plans.

But our biggest priority is to guarantee people’s wellbeing, to adjust pensions to inflation despite declining budget revenues. Can we do this? We certainly can. Next year, we will adjust pensions to actual, not estimated inflation.

We will focus our attention on the social wellbeing of our people in the upcoming period. And I’m confident that we will achieve all targets.

Thank you very much. Happy New Year!

My Comment: I just cannot believe how brainwashed John Simpson sounded. Seriously, does he really believe the BBC propaganda himself?

This whole situation is a joke. Putin must think he is in the twilight zone. The West builds an empire and Russia is told it's the aggressor. It's dumbfounding.

In almost every direction, you are presented with an American led story that labels Russia as a threat and portrays its leadership as tyrannical enemies. Comparisons of Vladimir Putin as a modern day Hitler have reached every corner of the globe and many Westerners seem to be extending these messages through their own circles, yet posses very limited knowledge about Putin or the sequence of events that lead to these circumstances. I'd argue you should watch Putin speak and then formulate your own opinion.

First, the BRICS are, and in some cases already have, been taking a VERY long term, strategic view around most of their policies/directives. For them, it is the only way to strengthen their own nations, especially on an economic level. China for example has proven themselves over the long run. Despite the fact that they openly pay their own game and on their terms, they have re-calibrated the balance of global power. What they have done is remarkable. India could not do that but now even they are learning. For the BRICs as a whole, this is the only way out; ' to think long, strong and to their own song'. The simple fact is, the West's financial advantage (currency reserve) enables their own citizens to prosper, even when faced with an $18 trillion dollar debt (among other social issues). No other nation(s) in the word can do this. Not because they do not have the GDP. It's because they do not control the global financial markets in the form of debt (in their own currencies) nor wield the military might as the US.

Who's the real bully? Are we truly ready for a single western world order? Or is it wise to have a global opposition (BRICs) for all of humanity?

Post subject: Re: Putin Crushes BBC's John Simpson
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 07 Sep 2016 09:00 
Banned

Times_to_FSU: Loads of time
Russian President Vladimir Putin is giving his tenth annual major news press conference at Moscow's World Trade Centre, Thursday. During the several-hours-long annual presser, the Russian president answers uncensored questions from journalists, and reflects on the outgoing year. A total of 1,259 journalists from 18 countries have been accredited.

wiz wrote:
I just cannot believe how brainwashed John Simpson sounded. Seriously, does he really believe the BBC propaganda himself? (Name mistake corrected, sorry Jon Snow for the mistake, wiz)

This whole situation is a joke. Putin must think he is in the twilight zone. The West builds an empire and Russia is told it's the aggressor. It's dumbfounding.

In almost every direction, you are presented with an American led story that labels Russia as a threat and portrays its leadership as tyrannical enemies. Comparisons of Vladimir Putin as a modern day Hitler have reached every corner of the globe and many Westerners seem to be extending these messages through their own circles, yet posses very limited knowledge about Putin or the sequence of events that lead to these circumstances. I'd argue you should watch Putin speak and then formulate your own opinion.

First, the BRICS are, and in some cases already have, been taking a VERY long term, strategic view around most of their policies/directives. For them, it is the only way to strengthen their own nations, especially on an economic level. China for example has proven themselves over the long run. Despite the fact that they openly pay their own game and on their terms, they have re-calibrated the balance of global power. What they have done is remarkable. India could not do that but now even they are learning. For the BRICs as a whole, this is the only way out; ' to think long, strong and to their own song'. The simple fact is, the West's financial advantage (currency reserve) enables their own citizens to prosper, even when faced with an $18 trillion dollar debt (among other social issues). No other nation(s) in the word can do this. Not because they do not have the GDP. It's because they do not control the global financial markets in the form of debt (in their own currencies) nor wield the military might as the US.

Who's the real bully? Are we truly ready for a single western world order? Or is it wise to have a global opposition (BRICs) for all of humanity?
Wiz,

As ever the questions you asked reflect your inability to 'question' or even pay attention to detail

1/ You knock Jon Snow - a journo with UK's Channel 4 - when referring to BBC's John Simpson [clap.gif]
(see my comment above)

2/ Putin's twice annual Q and A stunts are heavily 'stage managed' - with a team of advisers feeding him 'ripostes' .... if he needs 'em.

Putin's tactic is / was to deflect and diffuse - guiding to positives and suggesting future improvements - 'BBC propaganda' ? Simpson asked pertinent questions - concerning Ukraine / economy - as usual - telling his people what HE wants them to hear ..

I rather think you are the contributor being taken in

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 08 Sep 2016 14:44 
Admin

msmobyru wrote:

wiz wrote:
I just cannot believe how brainwashed John Simpson sounded. Seriously, does he really believe the BBC propaganda himself? (Name mistake corrected, sorry Jon Snow for the mistake, wiz)

Wiz,

As ever the questions you asked reflect your inability to 'question' or even pay attention to detail

1/ You knock Jon Snow - a journo with UK's Channel 4 - when referring to BBC's John Simpson [clap.gif]
(see my comment above)

2/ Putin's twice annual Q and A stunts are heavily 'stage managed' - with a team of advisers feeding him 'ripostes' .... if he needs 'em.

Putin's tactic is / was to deflect and diffuse - guiding to positives and suggesting future improvements - 'BBC propaganda' ? Simpson asked pertinent questions - concerning Ukraine / economy - as usual - telling his people what HE wants them to hear ..

I rather think you are the contributor being taken in

1). See my comment in red [haha.gif]

2) I did not see many screens or earphones for help neither I have seen him looking down to his desk. Obviously his staff know ruffly what questions he may be asked.... so they prepare him. All leaders do that but Putin after so many years in position he is now a consummate professional speaker.

Putin always delivers the policy of his Government, it is to be expected ..... like everybody else does.
What it's so wrong about it?

On the other hand......

US Media Blames Putin And Russia For Everything…And Here Is The Proof

The facts speak by themselves.... but you and your strange mentality don't like to hear the truth!

PS: No more Teaching Assignments to visit your ..... friend? [wink.gif]

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 08 Sep 2016 16:24 
Banned

Wiz

1/ It's Jon Snow - no 'h'

2/ Just because you can't see earphones / earpieces and monitors doesn't mean they don't exist ... Never heard of a delay on a 'live' feed ?

PS Three weeks ago SC and I watched the Rio Olympics - individual Rhythm Gymnastics - I was on satellite - she was on Russian terrestrial

I should have received the feed AFTER her - yet I was 15-20 seconds ahead ... which with latency on satellite doesn't make sense..Most feeds are via fibre optic - only the leg from London to the Astra satellite and to home was via satellite - SC would have been via fibre optic and local TV transmitter.

You wondered at folks gullibility - penny dropping ?

Take care

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: 08 Sep 2016 23:12 
Admin

1) Corrected thanks

2) Do you have any evidence to make such claims ?

Of course I heard about delay in Live feeds...... same as in the internet.

All rest comments are irrelevant to our subject.

Post Number:#  PostPosted: 08 Sep 2016 23:52 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

Wiz,

Do you think it's true that Putin is worth billions of dollars and if so, how did he get it?

Just curious :)

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: 09 Sep 2016 08:16 
Banned

Wiz,

Do you doubt what I said about Russia's 'iive' TV feed from Rio being behind a satellite feed in the UK? It was but one example..

Want another ? Why would the F1 GP coverage from Sochi - be viewable quicker on a feed from my Sky box in the the UK - coming back to Russia via the internet than the local terrestrial feed ? )))

Lastly, if Wiz actually went to Russia - he'd know that a luxury yacht - Graceful - dominates a secure area of Sochi Harbour. It is NOT the official Russian Presidential Yacht - ordered by my smaller 'twin' Medvedev - that does fly the Russian flag...

EVERYONE knows it's Putin's but it is registered to an offshore British dependency tax haven to an obscure company ..

http://www.superyachtfan.com/superyacht/superyacht_graceful.html

I would have posted a link to an image of the yacht - but Wiz' site refuses any image over 720dpi...

Naturally, the lawyers will state - 'not his' - that is stuff that UK politicians would never get away with

Post Number:#8  PostPosted: 09 Sep 2016 18:00 
Admin

BrianW wrote:
Wiz,

Do you think it's true that Putin is worth billions of dollars and if so, how did he get it?

Just curious [confused.gif]

I have heard the gossip.... but I don't have the facts to prove it. [wink.gif]

If anybody knows better he can always post the verified information over here. [wink.gif]

On the other hand, as we say in Greece;

"tell me, which person puts his hand in the honey pot and doesn't lick his fingers" [wink.gif] .... especially politicians?

The question we should really ask, regarding corrupt politicians, (every country on the world have them), is what this person had done for the good of his country and its people?

The problem with people, is that they buy the cretinous crap fed to them by the Western media.

Boris Yeltsin was very good for Wall street and the City of London banksters. He always got along well with the West and did whatever the West told him. His big problem was he was often drunk and the oligarchs got him to sign the peace of paper that allowed them to get their hands on the states assets.

That was the game plan of Wall Street, to impose hyper capitalism, overnight, on a nation reeling from the breakdown of the tyranny that had operated for 70 years. The average Russians went through a whole new kind of social and fiscal “HELL”, while the banksters scampered with their stolen portfolios and wealth sources.

Putin is behaving differently, so came a move to Nationalism, good for Russia but so much hated by the globalist West, that still is defying the banksters and financiers. He has restored stability to Russia, National pride and increased prosperity as well. He is also intelligent enough to create a sovereign fund for a bad situation. Last time - I checked it was over $500 Billion with large gold reserves around 1500 tones.

Putin is a clever statesman and has good advisers. He transformed Russia from a bankrupt giant in 2000, to a super power, within 10 years. He paid Russia’s external debt and the country went from owing a shit tons of money to IMF, club of Paris etc, in 2000, to being a creditor of the IMF in 2010. He achieved that while maintaining the support of his people.

Today Russia is not the old USSR but a modern Capitalist (huge) country.

Putin has done alot after the Yeltsin era and the collapse of the USSR. That is why his popularity is so high, over 85%, in Russia and it's not only propaganda.

Fifteen years in power it's not enough time to reverse the fortunes and destiny of a bankrupt country when facing a Hegemon and world power (USA) that wants to destroy it and also the internal 5th Phalanges of the Oligarchs, a very corrupt communistic inheritance, a National Bank of Russia controlled from abroad with Yeltsin's signature, and opposition of the Atlantists.

In my view, Putin, personally, has done well out of his political carrier and also his friends and now he is trying to leave a Name in history as one of Russia's greatest leader! [wink.gif]

Only time can tell! [hi.gif]

Post Number:#9  PostPosted: 09 Sep 2016 19:24 
Admin

msmobyru wrote:
Wiz,

Do you doubt what I said about Russia's 'iive' TV feed from Rio being behind a satellite feed in the UK? It was but one example..

Want another ? Why would the F1 GP coverage from Sochi - be viewable quicker on a feed from my Sky box in the the UK - coming back to Russia via the internet than the local terrestrial feed ? )))
Yes I doubt everything you say because I don't know all the technical and financial arrangements of the state or private Russian TV stations!

Enf of the day, what is the point you are trying to make?

msmobyru wrote:
Lastly, if Wiz actually went to Russia - he'd know that a luxury yacht - Graceful - dominates a secure area of Sochi Harbour. It is NOT the official Russian Presidential Yacht - ordered by my smaller 'twin' Medvedev - that does fly the Russian flag...

EVERYONE knows it's Putin's but it is registered to an offshore British dependency tax haven to an obscure company ..

http://www.superyachtfan.com/superyacht/superyacht_graceful.html

I would have posted a link to an image of the yacht - but Wiz' site refuses any image over 720dpi...

Naturally, the lawyers will state - 'not his' - that is stuff that UK politicians would never get away with
Do you have any hard proof and facts for your allegations?

As you are technically useless and can't reduce the size of the photos, here are...the photos and comments from the article at: http://www.superyachtfan.com/superyacht ... ceful.html

SuperYacht Graceful

The yacht Graceful was originally constructed at the Russian Sevmash shipyard near Arkhangelsk. Sevmash is the largest ship-building complex in Russia, known for building nuclear submarines for the Russian Navy. When the completed hull was towed to Germany for finishing in 2010, an accident occurred. During a heavy storm she tore away from the tug and ran ashore in Vesterålen, Northern Norway. The hull was damaged and needed repairs. The yacht was finished at Blohm and Voss in Germany and delivered to her Russian owner in 2014. She is designed by H2 Yacht Design. Special features included a 15 metres long indoor pool, which can be converted in to a dance floor. She is a sister ship of the yacht Baltika, now named Victoria. Baltika was also constructed by Sevmash (project name: Agat) and was transported to Italy early 2014 to be completed. All photo’s on this page by Ship-Dreams.

Vladimir Putin

SuperYachtFan became aware of some rumors that the yacht Graceful was built for Russian President Vladimir Putin.

SuperYachtFan is not sure if these rumors are true, there is only circumstantial evidence to support these rumors.

1) The yacht was constructed at the Sevmash Shipyard, which normally only works for the Russian Navy (a billionaire who wants to have a new toy, will not have access to a site where the navy is building nuclear submarines),

2) After her delivery Graceful spent a lot of time at Sochi in Russia. She left Sochi in December 2014. (Sochi, home to the 2014 Olympic Winter Games and Formula One races, is considered to be Putin’s private prestige project. It is not a destination where you will normally leave your yacht for the cold November and December months. Putin is rumored to have a residence named ‘Bocharov Ruchey’ in Sochi).

3) Graceful has a Russian native captain, with a Russian navy background. So the above is not hard evidence, the yacht could also be built for a Russian billionaire with close ties to the Putin government. But until someone sends us a message with new information, we will list Vladimir Putin as the owner of the yacht Graceful.

Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin (born 1952) started his career as an officer in the KGB. His last position was Lieutenant Colonel. In 1991 he entered politics, first in Saint Petersburg and later in Moscow. In 1996 he came a member of President Boris Yeltsin's staff. When Yeltsin resigned in 1999, Putin became Acting President. Putin has been ‘the leader of Russia’ since then: from 1999 to 2000 he was Prime Minister, from 2000 until 2008 he was President, from 2008 until 2012 he was Prime Minister and since 2012 he is President again.

According to official sources Vladimir Putin has a net worth or around USD 150,000. Some journalists and opposition politicians claim that Putin is actually the richest person in Europe, with a net worth of more than USD 40 billion.

Are you happy now? [aferim.gif]

Post Number:#10  PostPosted: 10 Sep 2016 05:06 
Banned

Wiz

What is useless are your sites restrictive parameters - that 'forces' you to steal the copyright by replicating the words and images of other sites e.g [b]http://www.russianworldforums.com/photos/ABC_PHOTOS/R/RUSSIA/PUTIN/Graceful_1.jpg

This is your 'style' - it is illegal
[angry2.gif]

Do you require 'proof' ? [very_funny.gif]

Other sites - that do have more contributions - allow the contributor[s] to link the copyright images - not to reproduce them - without the permission of the owners

In the meantime, I guess Pres Putin [ and you ] will continue to try to 'insult' our intelligence [thanks.gif]