All times are UTC

Post subject: Do foreign men deserve Russian women?
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 10 Jun 2011 23:08 

Her/His Country: DK/RU
Times_to_FSU: 8
Do foreign men deserve Russian women?

In search of a better life Russian women go abroad, hoping for happiness with a foreign prince. However, such stories rarely have a happy ending. Chief Editor of Pravda.ru Inna Novikova talked to a psychiatrist, associate professor of the Institute of Psychoanalysis Vladimir Faynzilberg to find out why Russian ladies are attracted by foreign countries and foreign suitors, and why mixed marriages are rarely happy.

"I hear many stories of Russian women who are married to foreigners from different countries. It is my understanding that the issue is probably not that marriage is mixed, but the fact that people do not know how to build relationships. Does the problem of inter-ethnic marriages exist?"

"Marriages with foreigners are usually unhappy. Over 16 years of life in the West working as a psychotherapist, I tried to help a vast number of people. Therefore, I have plenty of observations. They were mostly mixed marriages, though not always one of the spouses was Russian. Women came to see me more frequently than men. These women were often in a dead-end situation, and often they needed the help not only of a therapist but also a lawyer. The strangest and scariest thing, in my opinion, is that the number of women wishing to marry a foreigner is only growing. I have many friends who successfully maintain websites where they advertise dating with foreigners in order to create a family. These people earn very good money on the desire of women to get married and leave the country."

"What is behind this desire? Do women want to marry a prince and believe that all foreigners are princes?"

READ THE FULL ARTICLE HERE: Do foreign men deserve Russian women?

Post subject: Re: Article: Do foreign men deserve Russian women?
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 11 Jun 2011 17:35 

Her/His Country: USA
Viking

If
I was you I would be very carefull when reaDing and posting links to Pravda.

As you very well know most articles in Pravda are propaganda against the west and always have an antiwest slant,,, so tread carefully.

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 12 Jun 2011 00:27 

Her/His Country: Rusian Federation
Times_to_FSU: A couple
Oliver wrote:
Viking

If
I was you I would be very carefull when reasing and posting links to Pravda.

As you very well know most articles in Pravda are propaganda against the west and always have an antiwest slant,,, so tread carefully.

Agreed 100 %,

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 12 Jun 2011 19:48 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
Link wrote:
Oliver wrote:
Viking

If
I was you I would be very carefull when reasing and posting links to Pravda.

Agreed 100 %,

I totally agree that the article is full of negativity.

There has been a similar discussion on this forum a while ago it can be found here The Russian wives of foreign husbands

Post subject: Re: Do foreign men deserve Russian women?
Post Number:#5  PostPosted: 15 Jun 2011 07:32 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Viking

I had to edit your post to avoid any copyright possible problems. When posting an article from any source please avoid copying the full article and only posts the Title and few lines from the text (2-3 small paragraphs) and then post the link to the article.

Just for your information I did read this article before and in my view is a total crap.

As pointed out by another member Pravda is well famous for its antiwest propaganda and reading the article you get the feel of it by the first line:

In search of a better life Russian women go abroad, hoping for happiness with a foreign prince. However, such stories rarely have a happy ending.

After that it is clear what is coming........ so such articles, for us westerners, do not bring any new angle or positive views in our search and contact of our relationships with our Russian partners.

To be honest.... for me reading these articles I find it total waste of my time.

Post subject: Re: Do foreign men deserve Russian women?
Post Number:#6  PostPosted: 15 Jul 2011 05:38 

Her/His Country: USA
Times_to_FSU: twice
I suspect that the story about the Psychologist (who returned to Russia after 16 years in the West; like that's ever going to happen) was completely fabricated.

And this part also:
Quote:

"This is what I am talking about. I have a friend, a 45-year-old woman who was married, raised two children. She decided to change her life and met an American of Italian descent through an online dating agency. She moved in with him. He abused her emotionally. He would....

I left out the ending of that paragraph for reasons of propriety. Let's just say that I don't believe it at all. If it had happened, she would have divorced him and sued him in civil court for every penny. He probably also would have also been arrested and done jail time.