All times are UTC

Post subject: Editing articles
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 27 Feb 2011 13:44 
Expert Member

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: Nov 2011
Times_to_FSU: 10+
OK, I am one of those dyslexic writers who writes words and later if I read what I wrote, I'm thinking OMG, how did that happen as you would think English was not my native language. Anyways, knowing this I'm apt to go back in a day later and change those glaring errors like I had in a recent post where I had "she" instead of "see", but we are limited to the 1 hour time limit to edit an article (I know I can save as a draft and come back to it, but that seems like too much work for something that is not work).

So I would suggest that we open up the ability to edit to at least 48 hours as I know their might be a few that go in to change content, but I think many people like myself would feel better about posting if we're allowed to change the little things like most other forums that I will not mention...

Just my two cents which does not buy anything these days!

Post subject: Re: Editing articles
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 27 Feb 2011 13:52 
Banned

Times_to_FSU: Loads of time
It's been asked before.. hopefully you'll get somewhere...

Post subject: Re: Editing articles
Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 27 Feb 2011 16:22 
Admin

RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Cheesy

It has been my experience and I am sure other people will tell you that certain posters have the habit to go back and amend their posts after other members have replied to their comments and make their replies look silly or making no sense at all.

I think there is an easier solution to his problem.

Why don't you save the text before posting and then you can go back and amend it before posting it.

I know Raffi is doing it all the time, especially now that he has not Internet connection al the time.

I will ask the opinion of other tech people and see what they have to say or they can post their views here.

Moby

I am going to investigate to see if the function is available........ after you make a post and then another person makes a reply if the Edit button disappears then I will activate it so no changes are made after a reply is given.