All times are UTC

Post subject: Board Upgrade to latest version
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012 09:25 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Board Upgrade to latest version of phpbb3

Today I upgraded the board soft ware to the latest version 3.0.10.

I have had a quick look around and looks all is working fine BUT I would much appreciate if you come across to any problem or mistake to report here to me, so I can correct it!

Thank you

wiz

Post subject: Re: Board Upgrade to latest version
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012 16:43 
Admin

Board Upgrade to latest version of phpbb3

Sorry that I have not been posting much lately but after the upgrade to the latest version of phpBB3 there were some problems with our board and I concentrated mostly to resolve them, apart from my home and life duties. [biggrin.gif]

Today finally I think I have resolved all of them and I see the board is running OK but if you see something wrong, please let me know here. Thank you.

Just for your information:

1. The default Style for the board is "Mystyle", which is a variation of the Basic Style Subsilver2, that is included with the original software of phpBB3 package, which they always upgrade.

2. Unfortunately the person who created the original "MyStyle" style, "Christian", a young fellow from down south here in the UK, has abandoned and does not support the style any more. That happened a few years ago and before we started the board but I was not aware of it for sometime, after we started the board. As it happened every time we upgraded the board, the style continue working OK but lately, especially after the latest upgrade several things went wrong.

3. As most of you are aware, we made a few new modifications, like post numbering with link, last time visit, the Preview Panel to display WYSIWYG, which is extremely helpful when you write a post and then click Preview, to see how the post will appear on the board etc.

4. Luckily for me, the phpBB has some very helpful people and when I asked for help few days ago, a couple of them pointed out to me the page with all the latest changes between the versions 3.0.9 and 3.0.10 and told me if I want the board to be compliance with the latest version, I should make the changes to our style on my own. [surprised.gif] [bad.gif] [oopss.gif]

Now I am not Markj, who could do the job in very short time and I would not dare to ask him for help and take him away from his son...... [biggrin.gif] so I started reading [read1.gif] and making changes to every file of the style, to make sure that is updated correctly.

5. My coding ability is minimal but finally I managed to do it and today I corrected also a mistake on the original modification, which was preventing the "images Hot Topic etc" ( Image ..Image and on the bottom of the front page Image, which was missing for long time) to appear on the display after you search for the active posts.

I hope you al will keep an eye and let me know of any problems.

Markje I know few of you are using the Redsilver3 Style...... which is also been abadoned by its author so please have patience and I will go through slowly to make all the necessary changes.

Finally with all the previous and new changes our board looks very different from the original one by Christian......... so as there is no copyright problem .....we can say that it's OUR STYLE now.... [yahoo.gif] .... [very_funny.gif]

. [aferim.gif].

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012 07:52 
Admin

Mark and other's using the REDSILVER3 style.

I have now made all the latest updates on your style and I hope all is working well.

I have a couple more things to do..... post numbering modification and the missing image UNREAD FORUMS at the bottom and the style will be in compliance with the latest upgrade to version 3.0.10 of the phpBB3 software.

Any how I hope all of you like the latest look of the board and I would be grateful if you report here any problems.

Please let me know if you experience any delays when PREVIEWING, POSTING or reading the board.?

I have some problems of delay in the morning..........but maybe it's my computer.

[thanks.gif]

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 19 Feb 2012 14:25 
Expert Member

Her/His Country: Ukraine/Holland
RW_here_since: 04-december-2008
Times_to_FSU: Lost count in 2010
No problems here, I still love this board layout!