All times are UTC

Post subject: The Cameron Legacy to UK and the Brexit
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 14 Jul 2016 11:14 

Her/His Country: UK
Times_to_FSU: Many times
The Cameron Legacy to UK

Cameron’s eloquence was part of his training with his Etonian self-confidence. Every move calculated to one end - getting and then retaining office, with many promises but very little delivery. Foreign aid, gay marriage, greenest-ever, hoodie-hugging – were just grandstanding ploys to convince the electorate that the Tories were being detoxified of Mrs Margaret Thatcher and also Mrs May's “nastiness.”

Austerity and targets against the disabled showed the real leopard's spots, always the subtle entrenchment of wealth and privilege. The “rolling back of the state”, the hypocrisy of his father-in-law's profits from green levies and the insidious influence of his chums Oliver Letwin, Lord Feldman and boy wonders who dream up empty slogans like the “big society” and “march of the makers” for the gullible.

On the important issues - an economy with austerity depth and strength, intro of zero hours contracts as the EU/EZ and well planned privatisation of NHS. Middle-East policy - all disastrously wrong, with lamentable judgment but Cameron did not walk in on a disaster; he was the cause of one in Libya with catastrophic consequences for its people.

A lightweight who lived by PR and fell on the substance. The worst PM since Eden, who only made one mistake? Pointless exercise in comparison, really, there have been so many.

The only inadvertently beneficial legacy is the granting of three referenda and allowing the people to have some say - let us hope that will continue - and his unwitting contribution to showing how corrupt our system is and useless and self-serving most of our politicians.

Whether by design or accident one thing cannot be denied. Dodgy Dave actually delivered more for Democracy and the democratic right of ALL British people than any Prime Minister since the war. Yes, it was only Mr. Farage who forced him to do it but he DID deliver it. The Lib Dems, Labour and some Tories still try and deny us that simple right to decide for ourselves and have done for over 40 years!

Cameron will forever be remembered as the rich toff who never had a real job but rose to be prime minister through his connections and not his ability.

Post subject: Re: The Cameron Legacy to UK and the Brexit
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 15 Jul 2016 11:42 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
The Brexit Team
The new PM Theresa May has picked the team to take Britain out of the EU.

Staunch Brexiter David Davis will oversee negotiations as Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union, which provides the apt acronym “SSEE U!”

Mr Davis is an optimist, to put it lightly. The former Europe minister (two decades ago) revealed a rather punchy Brexit plan in the aftermath of the vote: first, sign trade deals with anyone and everyone outside the EU, including the US and China, creating the world’s largest trade bloc. The bulk of this can be done in two years, he says.

Then wait for Brussels, Berlin and Paris to come round to the British point of view and provide unfettered access to the single market, without any obligation on free movement.

“Once the European nations realise that we are not going to budge on control of our borders, they will want to talk,” wrote Mr Davis. As for triggering Article 50? That can wait until the beginning of next year.

Another prominent Brexit-fan, Liam Fox, will be in charge of new trade deals. Mr Fox has made clear that free movement should not play a part in any trade deal.

The austere foreign secretary Philip Hammond will become the austere Chancellor of the Exchequer. In one of the bigger surprises of the reshuffle, the now-former chancellor George Osborne was booted out of government altogether, even after he was tipped for foreign secretary. Where did that job go?

Boris Johnson is back

“C’est un blague?” (is this a joke?) tweeted one French journalist to FT, upon the appointment of the Daily Telegraph’s former Brussels correspondent as Britain’s foreign secretary. “I wish it was a joke, but I fear it isn’t,” was the analysis of Carl Bildt, the former Swedish prime minister and long-time diplomat, who attached a picture of the London mayor dangling from a zip line, waving two Union flags.

Mr Johnson has a chequered track record when it comes to diplomacy. In his carefree days as a demob-happy mayor of London, he implied that the president of Turkey had sex with goats in a prize-winning limerick.

The White House is reportedly less than amused, particularly after Mr Johnson said that Barack Obama's negative view on Brexit was based on an "ancestral dislike" of the British empire.

Likewise, Mr Johnson's foreign trips have not always gone to plan. On a brief trip to Iraq, he left behind an unpaid bar bill, tried to drive a Jaguar out of a showroom and attempted to visit the frontline of the fight against Isis. (He was stopped.)

But Mr Johnson will not have much power: negotiations with Brussels and cutting new trade deals will be dealt with by others. Plus, foreign ministers are regarded with disdain in many parts of Brussels. In the words of one very senior EU official, foreign ministers do little more than “give press conferences to prove they still exist". From this point of view, Boris fits the bill perfectly.

We will not wait long to find out how Mr Johnson gets on with his peers: the first meeting of EU foreign ministers is in Brussels on Monday.

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 19 Jul 2016 15:25 
Banned

Times_to_FSU: Loads of time
luckyspin, eh... the same post is attributed to Wiz in another place..Are you plagiarising, again..?

''Cameron will forever be remembered as the rich toff who never had a real job but rose to be prime minister through his connections and not his ability.''

Only by some unworthy oik

Cameron will be remembered for being right to recommending remain and making the economy strong - only for his backstabbing euroskeptics to screw it all up

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 19 Jul 2016 18:36 
Admin

Moby

I like plagiarizing other people's posts, especially Lucky's...... He does't have a problem!

What is your problem? [sarcastic.gif]

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: 20 Jul 2016 10:41 
Banned

My problem

is folk who used EU laws to suit their circumstances and then, can't wait to leave .... posting bollox about a great leader

How's that for starters?

Let's see if I can respond to posts that don't make it - to protect you - elsewhere

You posted I must be bored when I pointed out the falling Pound and UK share prices...responding with invalid data concerning multi-national cos. NOT UK listed ones.

Clearly, forex and the markets is not your field of expertise .. [veryhappy.gif]

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: 21 Jul 2016 10:13 
Admin

Moby

You have used the same system, messed up your married life big time and because of the Brexit referendum result/decision you know you have no chance of bringing your new "find" to the UK, without having a nice bank account!

Reading around the British and foreign media, I see that many people have the same opinion as me, about your Great leader. You of course you are entitled to your own opinion, as I am also too!

Nobody has protected my views anywhere, as you say, because you were moderated already before I came back and I always express openly my views without resorting to personal insults and attacks, like others.

The British Pound was overvalued and now after the Market Speculation is coming back to it’s normal levels. Any how the devaluation of the Pound, makes exports cheaper as not all raw material have to be imported so to balance the difference. It also makes the imports more expensive and helps to reduce the trading deficit of the UK.

Now I bow to your superior knowledge of the markets, as you are obviously a big investor and financial player in the risky business of derivatives, where me ... I am only a poor pensioner, selling my cookery book on Amazon and E-bay, making pocket money to survive! .... (click image on the right and also on my signature).

I also have my own small site: Greek Cooking

So about you, what do you do for living?

Do you make all your investments through a “Cyprus Off Shore company”, judging from your frequent visits there?

Is it there you are hiding the “lost money”, that you were accused, from your previous endeavours …. Or just simply your way to avoid sharing the loot, with your wife, while you are having a good time with your new “well kept for her age, bint”, as you write elsewhere?

I don’t need to be an expert in forex but I have a friend, an expert, who done a very good job and made a lot of money for my company, when I was in business!

I was right when I said that no much “action”, makes Moby … a dull boy!

[very_funny.gif]

PS: Did you read this? Bank of England report finds economy has not slowed since Brexit vote

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: 26 Jul 2016 10:18 
Banned

wiz wrote:
Moby

You have used the same system, messed up your married life big time and because of the Brexit referendum result/decision you know you have no chance of bringing your new "find" to the UK, without having a nice bank account!

Poor Wiz,

when confronted with facts - he brings up my past relationships..You immature dodge is noted

wiz wrote:
Nobody has protected my views anywhere

Another Wiz 'factoid'..

Can I start copying my responses to your nonsense elsewhere, here - for comparisons sake ?

Now we have a Wiz deflection..

NO..we were promised huge savings and a stronger economy..

We already have the Bank of England telling us to be ready for increased interest rates, falling house prices,and forecasts of recession ..undoing all the stability we enjoyed

wiz wrote:
The British Pound was overvalued and now after the Market Speculation is coming back to it’s normal levels.

See what I mean ? Here follows more nonsense ..

wiz wrote:
Any how the devaluation of the Pound, makes exports cheaper as not all raw material have to be imported so to balance the difference. It also makes the imports more expensive and helps to reduce the trading deficit of the UK.

Wiz needs reminding his 'balance' = instability .. not withstanding 'our' islands necessity of relying on imports of most raw materials

wiz wrote:
Now I bow to your superior knowledge of the markets

You should - as you are relying on UK PLC to provide you a pension..I expect you'll be needing extra pocket money due to price increases you'll experence

wiz wrote:
So about you, what do you do for living?

You have all the 'answers', Wiz..'MI5, working illegally, living off my partner'.... I keep telling you I'm living off past endeavours..

wiz wrote:
Do you make all your investments through a “Cyprus Off Shore company”, judging from your frequent visits there?

'Naughty' Wiz, as my last visit was August 2008 ..

Now we have the libellous part...repeating a lie... oft explained .... ALL because you object to your daft blog being busted ?

Here's a CLUE, Wiz...thank you

Now, you go on the quote the words of others - you've even copied the quotation marks, I used [clap.gif]

wiz wrote:
Is it there you are hiding the “lost money”, that you were accused, from your previous endeavours …. Or just simply your way to avoid sharing the loot, with your wife, while you are having a good time with your new “well kept for her age, bint”, as you write elsewhere?

V is happy with the financial arrangements, Wiz.. Suggest before you make stuff up - you should phone a friend .... one that can save you embarrassment - though I have always found those fantasising about our lifestyle as rather strange - but entertaining people.

wiz wrote:
I don’t need to be an expert in forex but I have a friend, an expert, who done a very good job and made a lot of money for my company, when I was in business!

You need him, now - clearly

wiz wrote:
I was right when I said that no much “action”, makes Moby … a dull boy!

It was another Wiz 'riposte' to one of your financial howlers and I am well-occupied ... [veryhappy.gif]

wiz wrote:

Sure, I read the reassuring noises, just like I read how chief forecast instability and a Commons Select Committee tried to suggest 'bias'..

Another Wiz fail..just like Brexit
[b]
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/mark-carney-bank-of-england-biased-brexit-risks-eu-referendum-george-osborne-a7132496.html

Mark Carney denies Bank of England tried to scare people to vote Remain during EU referendum

I can't find ANY fault with his forecast ..

The Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee warned in the run up to referendum that if the UK voted to leave the EU, the value of the pound would fall further, “perhaps sharply”, while households would delay spending causing lower demand and rising unemployment.

Got any more 'facts' ?

In the meantime, I'll copy your words for a rainy day

Post Number:#8  PostPosted: 26 Jul 2016 20:40 
Admin

Moby

As you must have noticed..... I have not moderate you, like on the other place.... and will not ban you again, except if you become breaking every rule of the board and you can copy and keep as many posts you like, for your rainy days. [biggrin.gif]

I have no problem allowing you copying any posts and comments I have made on another place..... but you will have to deal with any problems arising from your close friend..... I will simply delete any offending items, if challenged.

On the other hand I have more interesting things to do with my life, therefore I will not continue answering to your inane silly comments neither will help you to entertain your boredom.

I find you insistence talking to me very surprising ........ and I wonder.

How a very mature and well educated person like you...... can talk to a very immature and uneducated old person like me?

Now old chum, you obviously forget your own comments on the other place regarding Cyprus and how often you visit..... !

Probably lack of hanky panky....and you have become Ga GA! [very_funny.gif]

[drinks.gif]