All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hello . . . It's good to have found you people . . .
Post Number:#31  PostPosted: 22 Feb 2011 07:27 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: May 09
Times_to_FSU: 20+
Good luck Andrew

Just give us a shout when you need us [hi.gif]

Post Number:#32  PostPosted: 22 Feb 2011 09:32 
Expert Member

Her/His Country: Ukraine/Holland
RW_here_since: 04-december-2008
Times_to_FSU: Lost count in 2010
godspeed andrew, may this be the one for you!

Post Number:#33  PostPosted: 23 Feb 2011 01:03 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
Times_to_FSU: Quite a few now !!!
Oh . . . THANK YOU . . . so much guys.

I will keep in touch. I may need some more advice before long if all goes to plan this time.

Wiz . . . you are close but I will be discrete for now, I'm sure you will understand . . . . lets just say it is a small town in the taiga.

It's 10:00am her time right now, we have been chatting for the last 4hrs . . . the time difference gets wierd, she goes to bed and I am still awake when she wakes.

Yes . . . that is why I'm up late again [wink.gif]

I feel good on this one guys . . . thanks again [thumbs.gif]

Post Number:#34  PostPosted: 23 Feb 2011 21:28 

RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
Andrew,

If you get real replies to your questions it means that you are communicating with a real person.
Check Mark 1 = Good

Andy be polite, be friendly but still be cautious.

Point to pay attention to is that a real Russian lady (at least in my experience) would rather consume her own liver than ask for "charity" asking a stranger for money is considered charity by many in Russia.

Communicate with the lady and when it feels right offer to go and visit her, if she is genuinely interested in you she should accept your offer with open arms (unless there are exceptional circumstances) but she should accept your offer to meet in Russia.

If you do decide to travel to meet her than let us know and we will supply you with tips regarding (small) gifts to take with you that will melt her heart.

Good luck with your endeavour.

Post Number:#35  PostPosted: 24 Feb 2011 09:51 

Her/His Country: Ukraine
RW_here_since: 2007
Times_to_FSU: 16 times in Ukraine
AndyRam wrote:
Well my new freinds, I see you already have suspicions as to where this has originated from and yes I spent a liitle emotional real estate but no hard cash.

Even at this stage I could have felt sorry for the writer of the 'letters' had I not done the search. I have learned an important lesson and no doubt there will be more before I finish this journey. I hope it doesn't mean I will now teat all contacts with suspicion. It does take the edge off things a little ;-)

Here is a copy of the text of the final letter. I have edited the more personal sections but you will get the message and how the dialouge runs. Note references to danger and imagine how I felt that the 'sweet girl' had witnessed a violent event close to her home only a few days previously, that we had earlier talked about . . . . in some depth . . . !!!

<Yes unfortunately my city is not safe. Especially in the evening year. I do not know, that now with that woman. It is terrible to think, if she is dead. I hope, that with that woman everything is all right. I am grateful to you for your anxiety. It means, that I am not indifferent to you. I do not doubt, that you would give me your protection. I promise to be very cautious when I go home. I went to travel agency to learn, that it is required to me for travel to you. The tourist agent has told, that the best variant for me will arrive to you under the tourist permit. There to me have told, that that I could arrive to you, it is necessary for me to make the passport for travel abroad, to take place medical examination, to make the visa both other documents and inquiries. To me have told, that all it for me can make travel agency in a current of 7-10 days. Whether I have taken an interest I can make independently these documents. To me have told, if I do it independently it will occupy much more time, and I will spend twice more money. Also to me have told, that for reception of the visa it is necessary for me to go to embassy of your country in the city of Moscow. I should fill the questionnaire for reception of the visa and pass interview. Also I will need to pay consular gathering. All it will cost 430 pounds. For me it is very expensive and I do not have such big money. I do not receive on the work of such big money. To me very bitterly to realise, that I cannot see you in live, embrace you and go, holding each other for hands. To me it is sad that I cannot give you my kisses and embraces. And to show all my feelings to you. How to us now to be? What to me to do? I hope, that you can answer these questions. It is very important to me to know your opinion concerning it. I will wait for your answer. All my thoughts only about you.
You is a lot of kisses and embraces, Nastya>

Ok guys, I'll move on and see what 'trouble' I can get into next time . . . Just one thing comes to mind . . . 'Caveat emptor' . . . Not that I look at this as some kind of 'purchase' . . . I have no intentions of giving up on this search [wink.gif]

Thank for all advice etc.

Andrew

I think that there is something in that letter which makes it obvious it is a scammer, the grammar is bad, but the English is perfect, it seems it's written by a native English speaker who has made some deliberate grammatical errors, but who has forgotten to make some spelling misakes to make it look more authentic.

Post Number:#36  PostPosted: 26 Feb 2011 10:46 

Rasboinik wrote:
Andrew,

If you get real replies to your questions it means that you are communicating with a real person.
Check Mark 1 = Good

Andy be polite, be friendly but still be cautious.

Communicate with the lady and when it feels right offer to go and visit her, if she is genuinely interested in you she should accept your offer with open arms (unless there are exceptional circumstances) but she should accept your offer to meet in Russia.

If you do decide to travel to meet her than let us know and we will supply you with tips regarding (small) gifts to take with you that will melt her heart.

Good luck with your endeavour.

An update on proceedings . . .

She has agreed for us to meet . . . . [glad.gif]

Visa application will be going in next week via Real Russia. I have sourced flight times and a plan . . . I just have a few questions for Chris in the office first.

My thanks to you all.

[thanks.gif]

Post Number:#37  PostPosted: 26 Feb 2011 13:09 

Her/His Country: UK
RW_here_since: Never
Times_to_FSU: Too many
Great news Andrew.

All the best!

Gary.

Post Number:#38  PostPosted: 26 Feb 2011 14:06 

RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
Good News

Question for you.
Will you be flying to Sh1ttytevo or to Dumbdombo
OK you might need those two terms translated.
Sh1ttytevo = Sheremetyevo
Dumbdombo = Domodedovo

The reason that I ask is because Russian Airports are quite unique and it does not matter how well travelled you are you will have to tust me when I say that Russian Airports are a real experience.

So once you know which route you will be flying if you lets know I am sure that we will be able to provide tips on how to navigate and how to avoid the pitfalls.

HTH

Post Number:#39  PostPosted: 26 Feb 2011 14:45 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: May 09
Times_to_FSU: 20+
Great news Andrew [hi.gif]

We are always here :)

Post Number:#40  PostPosted: 05 Mar 2011 21:50 

Rasboinik wrote:
Good News

Question for you.
Will you be flying to Sh1ttytevo or to Dumbdombo
OK you might need those two terms translated.
Sh1ttytevo = Sheremetyevo
Dumbdombo = Domodedovo

The reason that I ask is because Russian Airports are quite unique and it does not matter how well travelled you are you will have to tust me when I say that Russian Airports are a real experience.

So once you know which route you will be flying if you lets know I am sure that we will be able to provide tips on how to navigate and how to avoid the pitfalls.

HTH

[biggrin.gif] . . . I get your message Rasboinik . . . thanks for the 'warnings'.

I have heard stories from some of my work colleagues . . . and they had a company provided interpreter with them . . . [confused.gif]

It will be Domododova then internal flights to Благовещенск . . . all sounds well for my Visa. I spoke with Chris in the office and have been given confidence. I should hear 1st week of April . . . fingers crossed . . .

Sorry for not been around here too often . . . it's the 9+ time difference you know . . .

She keeps me up at nights . . . [wink.gif]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next