All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Newbie would like to send flowers
Post Number:#11  PostPosted: 20 Mar 2010 17:11 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
Skipper wrote:
Wow thanks, I was at work this morning but came home to find all this advice waiting for me.

What a helpful bunch you all are - the more I get into pursuing a FSU relationship the more nice people I meet. I'v just rattled my credit card details onto one of your recommended sites and got my fingers crossed she will be home when they arrive.

Do you have her mobile telephone number?
If yes did you provide it to the company that you used to get the flowers delivered?
If your answer to both questions is a "yes" then I can assure you that she will get the flowers and that she will be ecstatic.
She will be ecstatic because .................. Flowers are very important for a Russian woman.

Slight change of topic.
Mind you a word of warning.

When you do meet your lady in person and you decide that you want to present her with a bouquet never give her a even number of flowers (and depending on her superstitions avoid giving her thirteen stems).

Because flowers are so significant in Russian culture it is a literal minefield.
Less than ten stems, more than ten stems has a different significance.

Less than ten (avoiding the even number of stems) is an indication of friendship.
More than ten means "I am serious"
Eleven can be construed as "I am serious, but I am stingy" (note that being stingy is a irrevocable sin).

As a final point please consider this.

My fiancée still has the first flowers that I gave her, OK they are now a few years old dried and withered, but for her they are the first flowers that I gave her.

Post Number:#12  PostPosted: 21 Mar 2010 16:18 
Been there - Done That & Got the T-shirt

Her/His Country: Ukraine
RW_here_since: June 2008
Times_to_FSU: Lots
Also avoid yellow flowers if she is superstitious aswell.

Point - Shoot - Drawn = Instant Floor Plans

Post Number:#13  PostPosted: 30 Jan 2012 22:32 

Her/His Country: Russia
Hi,

I am new to these forums and am very pleased to have found them as there seem to be a lot of very helpful people on here. I discovered the forum while searching the internet to find information about sending flowers to Russia (hence why I am posting in this thread). This thread has been very useful in highlighting a few companies that I was not aware of and in highlighting the intricacies of sending flowers in Russia. However, I still have one question:

When you send flowers to Russia, do you put the address in English, or in Russian (cyrillic)?

I would like to send some flowers to a very special girl in Russia that I met last year whilst on holiday in Turkey. I really want to make sure the flowers get to her and leave nothing to chance so I would like to know what you guys have done in the past when sending flowers. I was tempted to start a new thread, but thought it would probably be a waste when one with such an appropriate name as this one already exists.

If anyone can reply to my question I would be very grateful [veryhappy.gif]

Post Number:#14  PostPosted: 31 Jan 2012 00:22 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
ImageandImage
May I ask you to make an introductory post telling us a little bit about yourself, you of course do not have to divulge any personal details.

Olz wrote:
When you send flowers to Russia, do you put the address in English, or in Russian (cyrillic)?

When sending flowers I have always entered the address in English and have never had any problems.

On a different note I have stopped using Service Network Flamingo, because they have changed their marketing policy to an aggressive policy and they are now spamming their customers.
You can of course though use Interflora (they do deliver in Moscow).

Post Number:#15  PostPosted: 08 Feb 2012 21:09 

Her/His Country: Russia
Thank you very much for your reply Rasboinik, it was much appreciated. To try and get a second opinion on what address I should use, I decided to speak to someone at Flowers to Russia on their online chat last week. I thought I would share my findings/experiences.

It seems they are happy with the address being in English or Russian, but if you know the address in Russian then they prefer that. Knowing this, I proceeded to order some roses and entered the address in Russian (cyrillic). I also carefully translated the message I wanted to send with the flowers into Russian and entered that. Shortly after the order, Flowers to Russia phoned me to check what bank I am with. A few days after this I called them to check everything was good with the order (including address and phone number) and they confirmed that everything was ok. With any luck the flowers should be delivered on the day I chose [veryhappy.gif]

Hopefully the information above will help someone else to order flowers to be sent to Russia.