All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Death of a Russian Bride
Post Number:#71  PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011 10:08 
Veteran Member

Times_to_FSU: Too many (some would say)
wiz wrote:
Vinnvinny

Did you wake up the wrong side of bed?

I was making a joke old chum! [lol.gif] [lol.gif] [lol.gif]

I was called worse names by our friend Moby.....and I expect you took a peek on his poem about me! [sarcastic.gif]

So far I have managed to get some great packages and also DIY deals .... to all the destinations I have travelled with my wife the past 2 years...... [glad.gif]

Now I am looking for a 10 day holiday to Las Palmas......Flights and 3 star BB hotel, including taxes baggage etc for both of us at around £400. Is that expensive? [embarrased.gif]

Ok I will go searching more........ [accept.gif]

Did you know I was in the travel business before going looking for a wife in Russia?

[biggrin.gif]

Wizy,

My mood is always excellent, regardless of which side of the bed I have chosen to exit from. I do have a skill though of projecting a false impression, I'd like to think I have taken of to an expert level.

Las Palmas eh?

Well, it was close.

Post Number:#72  PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011 15:23 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Vinnvinny

Obviously "horses for courses" as they say, but the marriage agency route it wan't for me. I am sorry if I didn't articulated correctly earlier. I agree with you that certain small agencies may provide the introduction to a pool of ladies but I never understood men who went that route how they could accept to start any communication with a lady who hardly spoke a word of English and there was the need to use an interpreter.

In my business deals in Ukraine I had sometimes to use an interpreter and frankly I was very frustrated at the end of any meetings. I am sure you would agree direct communication is the basis of starting and building any relationship. It is hard enough to build a good relationship even with a local woman with whom you speak the same language and have the same culture but adding these additional problems it doesn't help at allot and makes the whole effort extremely difficult!

I did have a look at couple of marriage agencies and found only one been truthful in their descriptions of the profiles but when I heard what they will charge me to get direct access to a woman...... I politely said thank you for your help.

Well there where/are plenty free sites around and especially when I started looking.... and have plenty of genuine women to choose and start talking.

To avoid duplications and add extra load to my search... I created my own website/ profile and there I posted all the necessary information. The site proved very helpful to keep scammers away and also those women who in their profile said that they spoke good English but on the way fell of the side of the boat!

Well I did get to speak to allot of women, visited or met very few but then finally I met my wife, who despite her basic English she made the effort to read my site and she did answered to many of the questions there. Obviously she shown good interest on me so I start communicating by phone, and then met her... rest is history.

Totally agree with your summation about the changing direction of the agencies and also about Manny's and Andrews plans.

As about Moby...... he will never grow up! [lol.gif]

[underchair.gif]

Post Number:#73  PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011 16:33 
Veteran Member

RW_here_since: 2007
Times_to_FSU: 25
wiz wrote:
Vinnvinny

Obviously "horses for courses" as they say, but the marriage agency route it wan't for me. I am sorry if I didn't articulated correctly earlier. I agree with you that certain small agencies may provide the introduction to a pool of ladies but I never understood men who went that route how they could accept to start any communication with a lady who hardly spoke a word of English and there was the need to use an interpreter.

The only time I tried using an agency was in conjunction with Jack's tour. Really, I thought it was better than I expected it to be and I did meet a few decent women through the agencies.

I had some women I spent time with where they spoke little English. I found it very hard to really establish much rapport working through a translator. Some of the same ladies when I spent time alone with them using an electronic translator establishing rapport seemed much easier.

I tend to think that those who end up engaged or married to a women with little English tend to be more focused on the physical side of the relationship rather than than being in love with the person behind that beautiful face. I guess that if a woman spends enough time with her tongue down some one's throat communication is not easy no mater what language the two speak and moaning is a universal language.

I did hook up with one RW who married an American and later was divorcing who arrived only knowing how to say "I am hungry" and "I am tired". When I met her she had mastered English and barely even had an accent and I guess the language difference caused them no problems but I agree it can be tough. If my trip to meet my wife had not worked out I would have headed back to Ukraine to spend more time with two I really liked from Jack's tour neither of which spoke any English. It did not concern me. I do think someone marrying a woman with little or no English needs to be very patient and understanding. I do think it would not have been an obstacle.

Post Number:#74  PostPosted: 16 Jan 2011 01:02 
Veteran Member

wiz wrote:

I agree. Tried it (translators) twice and a complete waste of time.

wiz wrote:
I did have a look at couple of marriage agencies and found only one been truthful in their descriptions of the profiles but when I heard what they will charge me to get direct access to a woman...... I politely said thank you for your help.

I am not sure that being ‘untruthful’ is an exclusive trait of marriages agencies as most other types of sites will contain certain inaccuracies. I never had a problem paying for a meetings, I don’t expect them to work for nothing.

wiz wrote:
Well I did get to speak to allot of women, visited or met very few but then finally I met my wife, who despite her basic English she made the effort to read my site and she did answered to many of the questions there. Obviously she shown good interest on me so I start communicating by phone, and then met her... rest is history.

How did you meet your wife? (I’m sure the full story is out there somewhere so you can be brief). [biggrin.gif]

Post Number:#75  PostPosted: 16 Jan 2011 01:07 
Veteran Member

Turboguy wrote:
I tend to think that those who end up engaged or married to a women with little English tend to be more focused on the physical side of the relationship rather than than being in love with the person behind that beautiful face. I guess that if a woman spends enough time with her tongue down some one's throat communication is not easy no mater what language the two speak and moaning is a universal language.

It's funny you should write that because my view has always been the complete opposite. Meeting someone you have no ability to communicate with strikes me as being somewhat 'desperate'.

Post Number:#76  PostPosted: 16 Jan 2011 03:14 
Admin

Vinnvinny wrote:
Turboguy wrote:

It's funny you should write that because my view has always been the complete opposite. Meeting someone you have no ability to communicate with strikes me as being somewhat 'desperate'.

Why desperate?

The attraction is mutual, she can't speak a word so she is using her mouth productively, he is impressed and only his small brain works and the shower is in constant use for the time he is there......all in all a good vaction!

All in all a good test drive for both ![lol.gif]

BTW Turbo is talking from experience.... and you should know that, if you weren't lazy and had read his extensive travel and very good travel reports. He still bears the scars on the attack on the honourable member of Beaver falls, South Pennsylvania! [lol.gif]

Post Number:#77  PostPosted: 16 Jan 2011 03:37 
Admin

Vinnvinny wrote:
wiz wrote:

I agree. Tried it (translators) twice and a complete waste of time.

wiz wrote:

I am not sure that being ‘untruthful’ is an exclusive trait of marriages agencies as most other types of sites will contain certain inaccuracies. I never had a problem paying for a meetings, I don’t expect them to work for nothing.

wiz wrote:

How did you meet your wife? (I’m sure the full story is out there somewhere so you can be brief). [biggrin.gif]

I did have a problem when I was told that I would have to pay 1000 Dollars for the arrangements to meet that Lady, which BTW I would have to fly and visit in central European Russia

I had my profile in 2-3 sites.....and in one of them, Merry Dating choose few ladies, made my tentative letter for Free......got answers from 4 ladies and one of them was my wife.
The site allows you to communicate extensively with the ladies but the system or now the Mod, has to approve the letters, except if you pay their monthly etc fees.

I did write to my wife again a long letter and in between the lines told her to read carefully what I say and she got the drift deciphered my email address, wiz stobatska ukfun totska communication.... and direct communication established. [wink.gif] [lol.gif]

I spent the money instead for buying her a coffee and lunch when we first met in Ufa...... [biggrin.gif]

Did you read my travel report... My Russian Love affair?

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13

It is all there...with photos.! [smiling.gif]

Post Number:#78  PostPosted: 17 Jan 2011 21:34 
Veteran Member

wiz wrote:
Did you read my travel report... My Russian Love affair?

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13
[smiling.gif]

Read it! [thumbs.gif]

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion this adventure is not for me regardless of whether this Russian bride is dead or just feeling a little off colour. [sad.gif]

Post Number:#79  PostPosted: 18 Jan 2011 14:56 
Veteran Member

RW_here_since: 2007
Times_to_FSU: 25
I do have to wonder how convinced Andrew is about the MOB business being done. Over on RUA I said I did not believe the business would be gone in two years as Andrew summerizes. I offered to bet Andrew $ 100.00 or even $ 1000.00 that he was wrong on the condition that an independent third party holds the stakes so that it would not be like Manny and Jack's bet.

Andrew never commented, accepted or declined. I have a feeling he is not such a strong believer in what he is trying to convince everyone else. If we was so sure, that would have been easy money for him.

Post Number:#80  PostPosted: 18 Jan 2011 15:36 

Times_to_FSU: 7
Quote:
Andrew never commented, accepted or declined. I have a feeling he is not such a strong believer in what he is trying to convince everyone else. If we was so sure, that would have been easy money for him.

Thats because this has purely been a link and email list building opportunity. SEO marketing at it's slimyest. It's like the commercials I have been hearing on the radio lately... "Get your mortgage NOW before the new rules from the government come into effect!!!!" Well they came yesterday...and except for people using their mortgage to fund things other than their mortgage, and a shortening of the maximum term, nothing really changed. Fear mongering and sensationalism for marketing.

2 years from now...nothing will have changed significantly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next