All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Death of a Russian Bride
Post Number:#161  PostPosted: 11 Feb 2011 18:31 

Her/His Country: Rusian Federation
Times_to_FSU: A couple
wiz wrote:
. Yes we have a small membership because I have never followed your tactics to go poaching members from other boards (still have your invitation from RWforums ), as you have done in every board and especially on RWforums.

One day I may go and dig some posts about your tactics and behaviour there

That would be real nice !!! [clap.gif]

Post Number:#162  PostPosted: 12 Feb 2011 00:53 
Veteran Member

Times_to_FSU: Too many (some would say)
wiz wrote:
Manny wrote:
Replying to Moby - Today at 00:57:34
Every niche has its main sites. This niche has here and RWD. That's all. There are no others. Don't like one? Go to the other. Don't like either? Bad news. The rejects Wiz/RMP/L&O will welcome you. Six posts a day and hang out with the small shots. Enjoy!

Manny makes the schoolboy error of confusing popularity with quality and what certain people like. Next to his post he stands seemingly proud by a Chrysler 300c, a car I gather he must like similar to many other owners of that brand. Yet, Chrysler is one of the least popular makes in the UK with less than 1% of the market.

Maybe his avatar is misleading and he dreams about owning a Ford Fiesta or Vauxhall Corsa and thinks makes such as Jaguar, Porsche, Aston Martin, Bentley, Daimler and Lexus are worthless pieces of junk and only suitable for 'small shots'. [rolleyes.gif]

Post Number:#163  PostPosted: 12 Feb 2011 01:47 
Expert Member

Her/His Country: Uzbekistan
Times_to_FSU: 8 and I hope the last!
I think he secretly wishes he was born a Yank ! [lol.gif] The 300... yeesh, they have all disappeared from these lands years ago.

Sorry Manuel could'nt resist. [biggrin.gif]

Vinny I do agree, quality over quantity is always best in all aspects of life. [thumbs.gif]

Post Number:#164  PostPosted: 12 Feb 2011 02:15 
Expert Member

Her/His Country: USA
RW_here_since: 2006
Link wrote:
wiz wrote:
. Yes we have a small membership because I have never followed your tactics to go poaching members from other boards (still have your invitation from RWforums ), as you have done in every board and especially on RWforums.

One day I may go and dig some posts about your tactics and behaviour there

That would be real nice !!! [clap.gif]

No need to dig too deep. RMP had its hands full cleaning Manny (Manchester)'s spamming posts. On March 1st, 2010 Manny wrote "I am outta here too" slamming the door, but of course he did not forget to use his tactics to sneak back just to put his usual spam - his new-old avatar advertising his own character [wink.gif]

Attachment:
1.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Number:#165  PostPosted: 12 Feb 2011 08:53 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Vinnvinny wrote:
Manny wrote:
Replying to Moby - Today at 00:57:34
Every niche has its main sites. This niche has here and RWD. That's all. There are no others. Don't like one? Go to the other. Don't like either? Bad news. The rejects Wiz/RMP/L&O will welcome you. Six posts a day and hang out with the small shots. Enjoy!
Manny makes the schoolboy error of confusing popularity with quality and what certain people like. Next to his post he stands seemingly proud by a Chrysler 300c, a car I gather he must like similar to many other owners of that brand. Yet, Chrysler is one of the least popular makes in the UK with less than 1% of the market.

Maybe his avatar is misleading and he dreams about owning a Ford Fiesta or Vauxhall Corsa and thinks makes such as Jaguar, Porsche, Aston Martin, Bentley, Daimler and Lexus are worthless pieces of junk and only suitable for 'small shots'. [rolleyes.gif]

Are you sure that it's Chrysler 300c and not a S197 Mustang?

I thought Arthur always bragged about the S197 Mustang that he imported from USA...... and then promoted on his blog.... S197 Mustang

Didn't you know that Arthur has moved up and never shops in Primax or Tesco and .....
Jaguar is only for poor pensioner like me? [sarcastic.gif]
That is what he was bragging, long time ago because I was driving a Jaguar. [rolf.gif]

. . .........

Post Number:#166  PostPosted: 12 Feb 2011 13:26 

Her/His Country: Rusian Federation
Times_to_FSU: A couple
Quote:

No need to dig too deep. RMP had its hands full cleaning Manny (Manchester)'s spamming posts. On March 1st, 2010 Manny wrote "I am outta here too" slamming the door, but of course he did not forget to use his tactics to sneak back just to put his usual spam - his new-old avatar advertising his own character [wink.gif]

Attachment:
1.jpg

I remember that SPAM Avatar courtesy of Manny [bat.gif] also another topic in RMP relative old got my attention wrote by Legal called "Spam and Manny" in which Legal denounced some Manny's (Manchester) Spam tactics and also the fact Olga & Legal were unjustified banned at RUA.

I got into RUA before Olga & Legal incident (ban) I remember I liked to read some Russian language topics wrote by Olga there, at the time I wondered what happened to that poster (Olga) because those Russian language topics were quite good, so much later I found out the truth .

Post Number:#167  PostPosted: 12 Feb 2011 13:44 
Expert Member

Her/His Country: Ukraine/Holland
RW_here_since: 04-december-2008
Times_to_FSU: Lost count in 2010
Yep, I didnt agree with L&O's banning at that time too. So I registered myself at RWH and shared my stories there as well as on RUA.

Post Number:#168  PostPosted: 12 Feb 2011 19:14 
Expert Member

Her/His Country: USA
RW_here_since: 2006
Link wrote:

I got into RUA before Olga & Legal incident (ban)

Markje wrote:
Yep, I didnt agree with L&O's banning at that time too.

Actually Robert and I left the RUA on our own. We told a few members that we were leaving. Manny got to know about it and sent us e-mail on Mar 7 2008 asking: "I guess you guys have fell out with me and/or RUA? What happened?"

I wrote him back but he did not like my response and in his next e-mails he accused us in spamming his members and poaching RUA mods. That was his very ridiculous accusation as I always had permitted link to my forum in my signature and every member knew that I have my "blog" since I was invited by Don and Jooky. In his e-mails to us Manny even wrote "your accounts have been restricted and all links have been removed" [lol.gif] So he "banned" us after we left and he needed some kind of reason to ban us, but he could not come up with something else as to accuse us in spamming [lol.gif]. Another his ridiculous statement he posted on RMP saying that he banned us because of "polluting RUA with crap about RWD", though even Dan wrote: "There were numerous misunderstandings back then, and it resulted in some very harsh posts mostly directed at me", but old members of RUA know that after our leaving Manny (Manchester) has been polluting not only RUA but also RMP with the posts about RWD and Dan and running at the same time his blog about Dan calling him "Stalin Dan, sly Colorado internet marketer and dubious internet miscreant". On the same RMP Manny, I guess being in deep frustration, wrote another statement that "Legal & Olga sometimes shills for Stalin Dan." totally contradicting his own previous statement [lol.gif] He is a very self-contradicting personality [lol.gif]

Post Number:#169  PostPosted: 12 Feb 2011 23:04 
Veteran Member

Times_to_FSU: Too many (some would say)
I write as a relative newbie in the present company as witnessed by the fact that I don't even know what many of the acronyms you refer to actually stand for. It does seem to me however that to run a forum in this niche then a prerequisite is that you should process some physiological 'issues' as much of what I have read about regarding these 'forum wars' seems to be not normal behaviour for adults, especially happily married ones.

This is a general observation with no specific individuals in mind.

Post Number:#170  PostPosted: 13 Feb 2011 11:40 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Vinnvinny wrote:
I write as a relative newbie in the present company as witnessed by the fact that I don't even know what many of the acronyms you refer to actually stand for. It does seem to me however that to run a forum in this niche then a prerequisite is that you should process some physiological 'issues' as much of what I have read about regarding these 'forum wars' seems to be not normal behaviour for adults, especially happily married ones.

This is a general observation with no specific individuals in mind.
I am running a small board and have a "physiological issues" [wink.gif] [lol.gif] which are:
My aversion to commercial advertising and my enlarged ego to have one of the more, pleasant looking and running board! [biggrin.gif]

Didn't you also noticed my advertisement, everywhere on the board, for my Greek Cookery book and also about my Web Design and other commercial activities?

If you didn't then I suggest you buy a pair of glasses with x-Ray vision...... [lol.gif]

I am sure you will say advertising is part of life but there is plenty of other media to facilitate for that and I want my playground free from temptations! [biggrin.gif]

As a man of the commercial world, I am sure you realise, like I do, that the other large boards, RUAdventures (RUA) and Russian Women Discussion (RWD) are commercial enterprises and as such they have to attract plenty of advertising and attention to their boards.

Boards like Russian Women Home (RWH) (Olga's board), Russian Meetting Place (RMP) , our board, Russian World Forums (RWF), and the old Russian Women forums (RWF), (now moribund ship thanks to the abandonment by it's owners), are small boards in this niche internet market space and they have No advertisements and it's pretty obvious their presence spoils the landscape for the larger ones because they provide alternatives to the larger boards for their disaffected members according to one of these owners.
Manny wrote:
In a reply to Moby the other day:
A site with a 2k membership and a 10k+ readership will never miss a few Speed Diallers long term. Anyone who doubts that can see Wiz or Legal (clerk) and Olga for details. Splinter groups attract the banned and exiled from elsewhere (and a few must-join-every-site stragglers and a few clueless newbies who soon drift away).

I am sure the owner of the other board RWD has similar views and judging from his actions over the years, against certain unruly members..... has gained him the nick name "Stalin Dan" coined BTW by Arthur Daley, the other large board owner when he was banned from there. Now of course they have burred the hatches and years of animosity because of their common interest, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

As you happen to be a member of both these boards, have you noticed that members there are not even allowed to mention the name of any of the other small boards, because they don't want to promote indirectly our boards. The fact is that all members soon or later find out the existence of the small boards and most of their members read and some join one or all of them! [lol.gif]

Both owners of the large boards have intervene one way or another in the small boards, "Stalin Dan" registering and posting on other boards. Then attempting on RMP subliminally advertising for his board few times, by dropping a link to his board and his last attempt was to put an advert for RMP free of charge on RWD...... hopping that behind the scenes he will manage to take over that board, with a huge data base and very high on Google searches, but looks the owner had different ideas. Then the new moderators took exception to his advertising and dropping of links and told him off.

Arthur Daley on the other hand, before even taking over his board and after acquiring the RUA board, very aggressively pursuit members of other boards and originally his main attention was on Russian Women forums, the now moribund board. There he blatantly, after the new owner showed no interest, with Shadow (as lone moderator), broke every rule in the TOS poaching members with PM's, posted link to his book site, where there were links to his board and of course direct advertising on his avatar and signatures. On the right you can see one of the avatar images used by him and his minions, TomT and Day Dreamer (posting as Paul today on RUA).

To be continued ...... on my next post "The stories from the past"

[biggrin.gif]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next