All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Death of a Russian Bride
Post Number:#41  PostPosted: 06 Jan 2011 17:35 

Her/His Country: Russia
Times_to_FSU: 7
I love watching the statistics about how I am online ALL the time on some forums I frequent. When I went on vacation last I was gone almost three weeks and was surfing on wifi in the airport waiting for my flight home and one forum I was browsing on my phone as a guest showed me still online. Amusing.

Post Number:#42  PostPosted: 06 Jan 2011 18:00 
Admin

RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
froid wrote:
I love watching the statistics about how I am online ALL the time on some forums I frequent. When I went on vacation last I was gone almost three weeks and was surfing on wifi in the airport waiting for my flight home and one forum I was browsing on my phone as a guest showed me still online. Amusing.

Isn't that what is happening on the other board?

Sometime ago, I was signing in and then went out as a guest...... my name was there for the next few days.... [lol.gif] [lol.gif] [lol.gif]

Post Number:#43  PostPosted: 06 Jan 2011 18:19 
Expert Member

Her/His Country: USA
RW_here_since: 2006
Shadow wrote:
Olga wrote:
According to the statistics in general it would look like:

RWD - about 2% of members post daily
RUA - 3.5% of members post daily
RWF - 30,15% of members post daily

Nice statistic, but you have to take in account the time a forum exists.
When age increases the number of inactive members grows. The only way to solve it would be removing every member that has not posted for some time,

Yes, of course, therefore I said in general. We also should take into considaration how many members did not post at all.

For example I took first 9 pages of members on RWD - 900 members, 314 posted some time, and many of them made just 1-3 posts and that's it. So, 586 members of 900 members never posted.

If you look at RUA with 2258 Members, today since 03:26:06 AM to 12:48:38 PM (period of 9 hours) only 6 members made 7 posts when their info shows there are 82 Users online. I don't know, but I think its pretty low number of posts for "the busiest forum" as an owner advertises his forum.

The info of RWD looks much better in comparison with RUA in such case.

Last edited by Olga on 06 Jan 2011 18:23, edited 1 time in total.

Post Number:#44  PostPosted: 06 Jan 2011 18:22 
Expert Member

Her/His Country: USA
RW_here_since: 2006
wiz wrote:

Sometime ago, I was signing in and then went out as a guest...... my name was there for the next few days.... [lol.gif] [lol.gif] [lol.gif]

Sleepless on ... you mean [lol.gif]

Post Number:#45  PostPosted: 06 Jan 2011 20:52 
Veteran Member

Times_to_FSU: Too many (some would say)
Meanwhile, down at the Dog and Strumet in Hackney Dave and Ted discuss death, brides and Russia

Dave: Terrible news isn’t it?

Ted: What, Chelski losing to Wolves?

Dave: No, the mail order bride business just went to meet her creator.

Ted: What you drinking lad, turbo shandy?

Dave: No, haven’t you heard? New IMBRA laws are afoot which will kill the MOB business.

Ted: Really? What Elena’s Models will gone soon?

Dave: No, they will be ok.

Ted: Luckylovers then?

Dave: No, they’re safe.

Ted: Bride RU then or UkraineDate, RussianEuro, Mamba, Lovers Planet etc etc?

Dave: Hmmm, no they’ll be all fine.

Ted: Oh so it’s the small locally owned agencies in the FSU who will be out of business then?

Dave: Errr, they should be ok.

Ted: Arh, I see …. you wont be allowed to travel to the FSU and speak to any females then, that’ll be it.

Dave: No problem with that as far as I know.

Ted: Oh, so what you talking about then when you say the MOB business is dead?

Dave: Well …. If you are Americano then you will probably have to have your fingerprints taken and a criminal record check before you can chat to some webcam bird on the webcam bird agency sites who operate thousands of miles from where the webcam bird webcams.

Ted: But hardly any of those guys ever get on a plane and hardly any of those webcam birds are interested in a fat foreign bloke who still lives with his mom and who is 40 years her senior. And some of the webcam birds aren’t even birds, they are webcam chat blokes pretending to be webcam birds.

Dave: True Ted, very true …. but it will still stop em webcamming as they wont want mommy to find out that they have had there dabs done so they can chat with some teanage webcam bird who is really a webcam chat bloke … will they?

Ted: Course they wont Dave and it will affect those webcam chat agencies as the IMBRA laws will scare away many chaps and some nights a webcam girl might only have 5 men to tell how much she likes romantic walks in the forest, that she thinks she might be falling in love and how much is an iphone in your country?

Dave: You’re right again Ted, in fact the MOB business isn’t dead is it? These laws will only affect guys who don’t get on a plane and agencies that scam them for $$$.

Ted: Yep, you got it mate. Maybe the scammers will have to come up with something new to make their money? Maybe they could get into bed with an internet marketer and other people involved in the FSU dating scene?

Dave: Wouldn’t surprise me Ted. Wolves beating Chelski did …. but not that.

Post Number:#46  PostPosted: 06 Jan 2011 21:12 
Veteran Member

froid wrote:

Thank could be handy though if you had forgot to turn some light off at home or needed to check your post ... you could just pm yourself. [hi.gif]

Post Number:#47  PostPosted: 06 Jan 2011 23:02 
Veteran Member

Her/His Country: Russia/Holland
RW_here_since: 2005
Times_to_FSU: 5
Regarding the laws... if anyone in the USA would have told the current safety measures including body scanners would come into existence in 1999, they would have been laughed at.
With the increasing xenophobia in the US (Mexicans anyone ?) mixed with the fear mongering and feminist agenda it is a perfect breeding ground to close the borders through the legal system.
Apart from that, the rise of broadband internet and social media is a clear threat to traditional agencies like Elena's and the Webchat sites.
Having said that, a simple internet marketing ploy combined with pyramid scheme is not going to provide the answer. If there is going to be an answer, it will have to be a lot bigger than that.

Post Number:#48  PostPosted: 07 Jan 2011 00:11 
Veteran Member

Shadow wrote:
Regarding the laws... if anyone in the USA would have told the current safety measures including body scanners would come into existence in 1999, they would have been laughed at.
With the increasing xenophobia in the US (Mexicans anyone ?) mixed with the fear mongering and feminist agenda it is a perfect breeding ground to close the borders through the legal system.
Apart from that, the rise of broadband internet and social media is a clear threat to traditional agencies like Elena's and the Webchat sites.
Having said that, a simple internet marketing ploy combined with pyramid scheme is not going to provide the answer. If there is going to be an answer, it will have to be a lot bigger than that.

IMO there is no answer because there is no question. A lot of guys who would never got on a plane will be discouraged from going through the extra hoops that any new American legislation will require which is no good for the local FSU agencies as it wont be worth their time waiting to milk the occasional muppet who steps off a plane.

One American agency has obviously found away to circumvent IMBRA with Planetlovematch and others will no doubt follow suit. Despite this then I am sure they will have a very similar clientèle as they currently do and the FSU ladies they are 'dating' will be the same too. The only changes will be the charging/income structure streams and the Miss Kova's will be rearranging their Leopard spots.

I don't think any of the above will affect the serious guys and gals who are seeking a foreign partner. They will continue to use the more 'reliable' avenues at their disposal as they have done so in the past.

Of course those behind this new adventure want us to believe something entirely different hence 'the world is on fire' or whatever is was that was hot. Nothing wrong with that, many sales presentations are based upon fear and are aimed at peoples naivety and lets be honest .... the market is awash with the latter.

Post Number:#49  PostPosted: 07 Jan 2011 00:20 
Admin

RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Dave: Talking about internet marketers do you know Arthur Daley?

Ted Do you mean that old scoundrel, duck and diver who drives a Jag and has Terry as a minder?
Yep I know him, he is an unscrupulous importer-exporter, wholesaler, used-car salesman, and involves himself with anything else from which there is money to be made straight or not?

Dave Yep, you got it mate. He was down at the Winchester Club, the other night and was telling Dave, you know the barman, that he now is doing international business. He told him that he has a site on the internet where you can pay a cheap membership and you get to meet very slim, young and very beautiful Russian women!.

Ted That is very interesting Dave. The old scoundrel obviously has found a nice little earner.

Dave Yep looks like he did. He also has another site where all these chaps can talk free about Russian women and help each other with information.

Ted Do you know the name of Arthur's cheap site where you can meet Russian Birds?

Dave Yep I do. He has an advertisement in the local rag, let me find it........ there it is.

Ted Do you mean this one Cheap Internet Dating Site Access With One Signup And No Monthly Fees

Dave Yep that's the one.

Ted There is the address of the site. Do you think Arthur paid for this site?

Dave No I don't think Arthur is the owner. He was telling Dave the barman he has some American partners that paid for the site. They have many agencies in Russia who find them girls, take their photos and write the information for their profiles..

Ted So that email address must be Arthur's, so when somebody sign on the site, Arthur get his cut! Lovely jubbly....nice little earner for Arthur!

Dave Ok Ted time to go. Her indoors must have my tea ready. See you tomorrow.

Ted Going to take a look at Arthur's Site tonight and we talk tomorrow.

Dave Good night mate, have fun with Arthur's birds.

Ted Thanks Dave, see you tomorrow and don't forget to give my regards to her indoors. Ta ta!

Post Number:#50  PostPosted: 08 Jan 2011 12:56 
Banned

Times_to_FSU: Loads of time
Well, Wiz, - 'thanks to you', no doubt [rolf.gif] you'll note you don't need to supply an email addy to get at andrewfi's 'report'

EDIT: to Original post.
wiz

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next