All times are UTC

Post subject: V. Putin criticizes Bernanke for printing money.
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 14 Jul 2011 09:22 

Her/His Country: USA
Times_to_FSU: twice
Putin brands US as 'hooligans' for printing money

Mr. Putin calls Bernanke and the USA hooligans for printing money. I can easily agree with him on so many levels. Yet I do not think Mr. Putin is an angel when it comes to shady financial dealings, and other activities as well (one wonders, would a journalist in Russia who accused Putin of printing money or this that or the other be put into a coma or simply shot???)

Much of the world blames the USA for the recent financial meltdown and ongoing problems, and I agree that some of our politicians are indeed to blame. Specifically I blame George Bush Jr and Cheney and Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz for leading our country to war in Iraq over false allegations and spending trillions of dollars which we borrowed from China and the rest of the world to do so. I blame the Wall Street white collar criminals who have not only gotten off without even a slap on the wrist, but were actually paid good money for their misdeeds by the bailout. I blame Alan Greenspan for not genuinely standing up to Bush Jr. when he knew better. So now like the Roman empire before it collapsed we are facing enormous debt due to ill advised foreign wars. Guys like Ron Paul have little chance of winning the presidency because they are honest and intelligent in a real common sense kind of way. If the US empire does collapse in the next 50 years or so I am confident that historians will blame it on Bush Jr. Very sad to me as a registered Republican but mostly a conservative I despise Bush and his policy of spending money like a Gold Digger on crack who could not see that the end of the E-ticket was fast approaching.

Although I do not like Obama in many ways at least he seems to be making a good faith effort to negotiate with the Republicans. That effort only seems to be currently reciprocated by Mitch McConnel. Anyway, here is the link to Mr. Putin's commentary:

http://www.infowars.com/vladimir-putin-calls-bernanke-a-hooligan-angry-at-american-money-printing/

Post subject: Re: V. Putin criticizes Bernanke for printing money.
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 14 Jul 2011 14:23 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Nobody will disagree with you, Putin is not an angel, but the truth is neither any of the leaders of the so called Democratic western countries is either. We all have so many examples to speak about….. and looking at our politicians here in the UK there is not anybody to aspire too.

The fact is that Putin has opened his mouth and said something that all of our politicians and most of our financial commentators are afraid to say openly and I agree with him. We must not forget that Russia has gold, diamonds, oil and gas in far greater quantities than anyone in the world. In the Russian federation, the Russian Government is the only entity that can print and coin money, i.e. Ministry of Finance. This function IS NOT USURPED BY A PRIVATE BANK unlike in the U.S. which is hijacked by the Federal Reserve. Putin is greatly pissed at the Private Central Bank – Federal Reserve and I suggest to take a look, if you don’t know already, who ones it!

The U.S. Dollar is not worth shit, but the major commodities are traded in it, and thus it’s a major devaluing factor and an obstacle. The Fed and the USA Government are destroying the Dollar as a Reserve currency, because it’s not backed by anything tangible, like Gold or oil and together with those Banksters of the Wall street and their ponzie schemes have brought havoc, financial instability and recession around the Globe after the collapse of the house of cards “The Lehman Bank” and as usual the smaller and poorer countries have to pay for their reckless behaviour. That’s why Russia doesn’t like this game of “Print & Spend”.

This morning, I read in the Financial times that Moodys, a corrupt private Rating company that has publicly admitted that packaged (bundle) toxic sublime loan schemes and rated AAA and then sold to European Greedy Banks and on the way have made millions, has been sued by the US Government, announced that if Obama and the Congress don’t agree to the further US' quantitative easing (QE) 2 program (Print more Money) by June 30, then the USA will be in default and doesn’t take a genius to guess what will happen after, all over the world.

The problem with the USA deficit goes back to the Reagan years and continued till today with the biggest culprit GW. Bush and his illegal wars, as you said!

The American Dollar Empire is dying slowly. The dollar has real rivals in the international sphere for the first time in 50 years. There will soon be two viable alternatives, in the form of the Euro and China's Yuan and most countries have moved and trade under their own currencies, as does Russia and China, now.

Americans especially tend to discount the staying power of the Euro. Their various financial hedge funds and the private criminal Rating agencies have been doing a sustained attack since it’s creation, but it isn't going anywhere.

Contrary to some predictions, European governments have not abandoned it, nor will they. They will proceed with long-term deficit reduction, something about which they have shown more resolve than the U.S. They will issue "e-bonds"—bonds backed by the full faith and credit of euro-area governments as a group—as a step in solving their crisis. This will lay the groundwork for the kind of integrated European bond market needed to create an alternative to U.S. Treasury’s as a form in which to hold central-bank reserves.

China, meanwhile, is moving rapidly to internationalize the Yuan, also known as the Renminbi. The last year has seen a quadrupling of the share of bank deposits in Hong Kong denominated in Yuan. Seventy thousand Chinese companies are now doing their cross-border settlements in Yuan. Dozens of foreign companies have issued Yuan-denominated "dim sum" bonds in Hong Kong. Allowing Chinese companies to do cross-border settlements in Yuan will free them from having to undertake costly foreign-exchange transactions. They will no longer have to bear the exchange-rate risk created by the fact that their revenues are in dollars but many of their costs are in Yuan. Allowing Chinese banks, for their part, to do international transactions in Yuan will allow them to grab a bigger slice of the global financial pie.

I am sorry to say but it looks that the American Superpower is dying slowly and the Richer get more richer where the poorer people and the middle classes are impoverished.

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 14 Jul 2011 18:38 

wiz wrote:
Nobody will disagree with you, Putin is not an angel, but the truth is neither any of the leaders of the so called Democratic western countries is either. We all have so many examples to speak about….. and looking at our politicians here in the UK there is not anybody to aspire too.

The fact is that Putin has opened his mouth and said something that all of our politicians and most of our financial commentators are afraid to say openly and I agree with him. We must not forget that Russia has gold, diamonds, oil and gas in far greater quantities than anyone in the world. In the Russian federation, the Russian Government is the only entity that can print and coin money, i.e. Ministry of Finance. This function IS NOT USURPED BY A PRIVATE BANK unlike in the U.S. which is hijacked by the Federal Reserve. Putin is greatly pissed at the Private Central Bank – Federal Reserve and I suggest to take a look, if you don’t know already, who ones it!

The U.S. Dollar is not worth shit, but the major commodities are traded in it, and thus it’s a major devaluing factor and an obstacle. The Fed and the USA Government are destroying the Dollar as a Reserve currency, because it’s not backed by anything tangible, like Gold or oil and together with those Banksters of the Wall street and their ponzie schemes have brought havoc, financial instability and recession around the Globe after the collapse of the house of cards “The Lehman Bank” and as usual the smaller and poorer countries have to pay for their reckless behaviour. That’s why Russia doesn’t like this game of “Print & Spend”.

This morning, I read in the Financial times that Moodys, a corrupt private Rating company that has publicly admitted that packaged (bundle) toxic sublime loan schemes and rated AAA and then sold to European Greedy Banks and on the way have made millions, has been sued by the US Government, announced that if Obama and the Congress don’t agree to the further US' quantitative easing (QE) 2 program (Print more Money) by June 30, then the USA will be in default and doesn’t take a genius to guess what will happen after, all over the world.

The problem with the USA deficit goes back to the Reagan years and continued till today with the biggest culprit GW. Bush and his illegal wars, as you said!

The American Dollar Empire is dying slowly. The dollar has real rivals in the international sphere for the first time in 50 years. There will soon be two viable alternatives, in the form of the Euro and China's Yuan and most countries have moved and trade under their own currencies, as does Russia and China, now.

Americans especially tend to discount the staying power of the Euro. Their various financial hedge funds and the private criminal Rating agencies have been doing a sustained attack since it’s creation, but it isn't going anywhere.

Contrary to some predictions, European governments have not abandoned it, nor will they. They will proceed with long-term deficit reduction, something about which they have shown more resolve than the U.S. They will issue "e-bonds"—bonds backed by the full faith and credit of euro-area governments as a group—as a step in solving their crisis. This will lay the groundwork for the kind of integrated European bond market needed to create an alternative to U.S. Treasury’s as a form in which to hold central-bank reserves.

China, meanwhile, is moving rapidly to internationalize the Yuan, also known as the Renminbi. The last year has seen a quadrupling of the share of bank deposits in Hong Kong denominated in Yuan. Seventy thousand Chinese companies are now doing their cross-border settlements in Yuan. Dozens of foreign companies have issued Yuan-denominated "dim sum" bonds in Hong Kong. Allowing Chinese companies to do cross-border settlements in Yuan will free them from having to undertake costly foreign-exchange transactions. They will no longer have to bear the exchange-rate risk created by the fact that their revenues are in dollars but many of their costs are in Yuan. Allowing Chinese banks, for their part, to do international transactions in Yuan will allow them to grab a bigger slice of the global financial pie.

I am sorry to say but it looks that the American Superpower is dying slowly and the Richer get more richer where the poorer people and the middle classes are impoverished.

Great post wiz, very interesting read. I don't personally think that the Yuan or Renminbi is going to be able to replace the dollar as currency of reserve anytime soon. The Chinese like to manipulate the value of their currency so that is a big negative to professional traders and others. The US economy is not as bad as the media often likes to portray it. Look up some articles on US manufacturing if you wish to and you will see that it is still very strong contrary to claims that nothing is made in the USA anymore, a lot still is. A great effect for US of Chinese getting richer and richer is that they prefer and covet American products, which are seen as better quality and something of a status symbol by the upper middle class Chinese. So it is also consequently to our advantage to keep the dollar low in relationship to the Yuan, which the Chinese want to keep artificially high.

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 15 Jul 2011 08:33 

Her/His Country: UK
Times_to_FSU: Many times
I agree with the sentiment and comments expressed by Putin that the continuing printing money by the USA is distorting the current economical system around the word and the $ Dollar, in Real terms, is not worth the paper is printed on. Of course Putin is still angry with the USA for invading Iraq where Russia lost a huge oil contract.

Putin also said sometime ago, that he would like to see closer co-operation between the EURO and the CIS countries, which will make the EURO to be a very strong Reserve currency instead of the Dollar and I am sure you understand what he meant with that........ No more USA domination around the globe!

But then Putin is not Saddam Hussein! [sarcastic.gif]

When Saddam Hussein told the World that he would trade Iraqi oil for Euros instead of US $ the USA and the UK together with very few NATO friends, did everything they could to sustain the US $ trading through by invading Iraq for oil, killing the Hussein leadership, a dictator is always a brutal person, (was supported by them to power) but he had some stable order in his country..... and we know all the lies we were told and excuses about the AMD (arms of mass destruction).

Don't ever forget the war crimes the USA, UK and few EU member countries have committed in order to sustain the US$, when they had a golden opportunity to boost the Euro.

The euro, probably more than any other currency, represents the mutual confidence at the heart of our community. It is the first currency that has not only severed its link to gold, but also its link to the nation-state. It is not backed by the durability of the metal or by the authority of the state. Indeed, what Sir Thomas More said of gold five hundred years ago – that it was made for men and that it had its value by them – applies very well to the euro.

P.S I wish the USD luck. [wave.gif] .[drink-coffee.gif]

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: 15 Jul 2011 10:42 

Luckyspin wrote:
I agree with the sentiment and comments expressed by Putin that the continuing printing money by the USA is distorting the current economical system around the word and the $ Dollar, in Real terms, is not worth the paper is printed on. Of course Putin is still angry with the USA for invading Iraq where Russia lost a huge oil contract.

Putin also said sometime ago, that he would like to see closer co-operation between the EURO and the CIS countries, which will make the EURO to be a very strong Reserve currency instead of the Dollar and I am sure you understand what he meant with that........ No more USA domination around the globe!

But then Putin is not Saddam Hussein! [sarcastic.gif]

When Saddam Hussein told the World that he would trade Iraqi oil for Euros instead of US $ the USA and the UK together with very few NATO friends, did everything they could to sustain the US $ trading through by invading Iraq for oil, killing the Hussein leadership, a dictator is always a brutal person, (was supported by them to power) but he had some stable order in his country..... and we know all the lies we were told and excuses about the AMD (arms of mass destruction).

Don't ever forget the war crimes the USA, UK and few EU member countries have committed in order to sustain the US$, when they had a golden opportunity to boost the Euro.

The euro, probably more than any other currency, represents the mutual confidence at the heart of our community. It is the first currency that has not only severed its link to gold, but also its link to the nation-state. It is not backed by the durability of the metal or by the authority of the state. Indeed, what Sir Thomas More said of gold five hundred years ago – that it was made for men and that it had its value by them – applies very well to the euro.

P.S I wish the USD luck. [wave.gif] .[drink-coffee.gif]

I agree with you, that the EURO has a much better chance of becoming the world's currency of reserve, then does the Chinese Yuan.

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011 20:53 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Are the Credit Agencies private companies or an official state Institution
and who is profiting from their Ratings and advice?

Do you remember Lechman Brothers Bank who started the Credit Crunch?

Do we have to listen to the Credit Rating agencies who pushed triple AAAs toxic debt on the rest of the world?

Who are these S&P gentlemen who can intervene and label - and thus block - a *consensual agreement between lenders and borrower* as "default"?

Who has profited from the recent events involving Dominique Strauss Kahn?

Try to answer that question. The timing was the important thing. Follow the timeline:

On the 14th May, DSK was arrested as he was boarding a plane that would take him to a meeting in which he would have released the next tranche of low-interest loans to Greece. DSK was put in the worst prison available while awaiting bail, a prison that is usually reserved for hardened criminals. He was given bail only after he resigned from the IMF. His American deputy did not release the loans, meaning that Greece was at the mercy of the finananciers and was plunged into crisis along with the Eurozone.

On the 1st June , just two days after his successor's election, Greece was forced to pass laws that sell out its national assets and send it into a recessive spiral, the charges against DSK were revealed to be bogus.

I am livid at the scope of the scam against Greece! Not even taking the flimsiest of pretences at credibility. Oh, yes there will be still idiots that will tell me "conspiracy theory". It is very depressing to see my birth country and its people confounded in many many years of misery and destitute!

Now we see the vultures have moved to other targets, cherry picking Italy, next Portugal, Spain and Ireland and the EURO and later the whole EU. How else do you think the American superpower can survive after having indebted its self to the tune of 14 trillion Dollars and Obama is asking for a couple more now and must do it before the 2nd of August, otherwise "default" and it's not the first time that USA has defaulted!

So where is the difference between the Greek Debt and the American debt? Only in Numbers but in % according to the population the USA Dollar is shit.... busted.

In the latest chapter about Greece, the Banks know that even a 30% haircut won’t mean loss because Greece’s debt is long standing and a lot of interest has been paid on it. They are prepared to take an indirect haircut via this soft restructuring.

But S&P know better and in a split second they can decide that this kind of soft debt relief cannot be allowed and a generation of people in a country must be condemned to misery.

[angry2.gif] [angry2.gif] [angry2.gif]

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011 21:27 

wiz wrote:
Are the Credit Agencies private companies or an official state Institution
and who is profiting from their Ratings and advice?

Do you remember Lechman Brothers Bank who started the Credit Crunch?

Do we have to listen to the Credit Rating agencies who pushed triple AAAs toxic debt on the rest of the world?

Who are these S&P gentlemen who can intervene and label - and thus block - a *consensual agreement between lenders and borrower* as "default"?

Who has profited from the recent events involving Dominique Strauss Kahn?

Try to answer that question. The timing was the important thing. Follow the timeline:

On the 14th May, DSK was arrested as he was boarding a plane that would take him to a meeting in which he would have released the next tranche of low-interest loans to Greece. DSK was put in the worst prison available while awaiting bail, a prison that is usually reserved for hardened criminals. He was given bail only after he resigned from the IMF. His American deputy did not release the loans, meaning that Greece was at the mercy of the finananciers and was plunged into crisis along with the Eurozone.

On the 1st June , just two days after his successor's election, Greece was forced to pass laws that sell out its national assets and send it into a recessive spiral, the charges against DSK were revealed to be bogus.

I am livid at the scope of the scam against Greece! Not even taking the flimsiest of pretences at credibility. Oh, yes there will be still idiots that will tell me "conspiracy theory". It is very depressing to see my birth country and its people confounded in many many years of misery and destitute!

Now we see the vultures have moved to other targets, cherry picking Italy, next Portugal, Spain and Ireland and the EURO and later the whole EU. How else do you think the American superpower can survive after having indebted its self to the tune of 14 trillion Dollars and Obama is asking for a couple more now and must do it before the 2nd of August, otherwise "default" and it's not the first time that USA has defaulted!

So where is the difference between the Greek Debt and the American debt? Only in Numbers but in % according to the population the USA Dollar is shit.... busted.

In the latest chapter about Greece, the Banks know that even a 30% haircut won’t mean loss because Greece’s debt is long standing and a lot of interest has been paid on it. They are prepared to take an indirect haircut via this soft restructuring.

But S&P know better and in a split second they can decide that this kind of soft debt relief cannot be allowed and a generation of people in a country must be condemned to misery.

[angry2.gif] [angry2.gif] [angry2.gif]

Great post wiz and interesting information regarding what happened to DSK. As I am sure you know the Federal Reserve of the USA is not Federal but is actually owned by private banks such at Rothchilds of UK and I believe other banks in Europe. Either way the Federal Reserve does not serve interests of the people of the USA, they only serve their own interests. Ever since the Federal Reserve system has come into being in the USA they have had a stranglehold on our politics and long term decisions.