All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Death of a Russian Bride
Post Number:#151  PostPosted: 11 Feb 2011 00:18 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Donhollio wrote:
I'm just bored and curious. [happy.gif]
You are bored because you are still single.......I don't think you really married because I haven't seen any photos...... and you went to Thailand for fun! [sarcastic.gif]

Post Number:#152  PostPosted: 11 Feb 2011 00:33 
Veteran Member

Times_to_FSU: Too many (some would say)
Donhollio wrote:
I won't tell anyone about the master plan, but if you need any help rest well knowing you can always call in the SDC ( speed diallers club) [bat.gif] [bat.gif] [bat.gif]

The SDC is a mute point with me. Somehow I always get included as being part of that awesome gang, yet at the same time when number pads were being pressed my phone remained silent. [sad.gif]

Post Number:#153  PostPosted: 11 Feb 2011 04:16 

RW_here_since: 2006
Times_to_FSU: Lost Count
Shadow aren't you a moderator at RWD?

Post Number:#154  PostPosted: 11 Feb 2011 08:52 
Veteran Member

Her/His Country: Russia/Holland
RW_here_since: 2005
Times_to_FSU: 5
Legal wrote:
Shadow aren't you a moderator at RWD?

I have been known to handle some trash there [wink.gif]

Post Number:#155  PostPosted: 11 Feb 2011 08:53 
Veteran Member

Vinnvinny wrote:
Shadow wrote:
As for the sites, I will wait a bit until they are active.. [wink.gif]

I hope your wife doesn't find out. [wink.gif]

No secrets there. [hi.gif]

Post Number:#156  PostPosted: 11 Feb 2011 09:43 
Veteran Member

Donhollio wrote:
Shadow wrote:
So both of you have taken the bait and are filling the pockets of those you comment about now....Guess it show this really works.

As for the sites, I will wait a bit until they are active.. [wink.gif]

So are you saying any future posts at RUA are lining Andy's cookie crumb filled pockets? How does this all work Shad? What in your opinion is the ultimate goal at RUA now? I'm just bored and curious. [happy.gif]

If it is correct that the sites are using an affiliate system, that means that the referral mail at signup will receive some part of your expenditure.
This means that if you use the currently revoked mail address as referral to register, the owner will fill his pockets from whatever you spend. As we determined two possible owners, we know in which direction the money flows.
As for the goals at RUA, I doubt if there has been any change. If you follow internet communities in general (or clubs in real life) there are always a number of stages they go through.
Initially the founders are full of dedication and energy, and make members flow in.
After a while the membership sesttles, and a number of members become the core of the community.
Next the core members partially become bored and go to new places, partially they will create conflicts and cause the same.
At this stage it depends on influx of new members and how they are greeted. If no new blood is welcomed, the core members will remain talking to them selves, causing a low in activity.
What is crucial to survival is providing an atmosphere where new members can grow in to the respected core, and replace those who leave. Without this, a community will decrease its activity, and eventually could die.

Post Number:#157  PostPosted: 11 Feb 2011 12:43 
Veteran Member

RW_here_since: 2007
Times_to_FSU: 25
Interesting post and it seems to me that it is right on. I do think sometimes they may flip between the stages and I think sometimes a very few members can have an effect on the personality of the board.

Post Number:#158  PostPosted: 11 Feb 2011 15:34 
Admin

Shadow wrote:
  1. As for the goals at RUA, I doubt if there has been any change.
  2. At this stage it depends on influx of new members and how they are greeted. If no new blood is welcomed, the core members will remain talking to themselves, causing a low in activity.
  3. What is crucial to survival is providing an atmosphere where new members can grow in to the respected core, and replace those who leave. Without this, a community will decrease its activity, and eventually could die.

1. I was told that he has not sold the board, but obviously is behind the promotion of the 2 new sites, taking into account the publicity made in his various sites. I hazard a guess that he must have started writing a new "Best Seller"! [biggrin.gif]

2. It appears the influx of new members has stalled, most of the threads made by Andrew or 2tallbill, with Manny, Moby, Vinny and a couple of others posting replies. Andrew gives no answers and insults anybody taking him to task.

3. It is clear that the atmosphere there is not pleasant. Voyager did not leave on his own but has been pushed for crossing the line and not been helpful, Brass doing the hatchet job and Moby complaining for been called a Troll by Arthur and for his posts dissapearing!

Many times in the past we have been accused for gossiping about other people but that doesn't stop Arthur and Moby making derogative remarks about our board and me personally! [lol.gif]

Well I will take this opportunity and reply to some of their comments made today there:
Manny wrote:
Replying to Moby - Today at 00:57:34
Every niche has its main sites. This niche has here and RWD. That's all. There are no others. Don't like one? Go to the other. Don't like either? Bad news. The rejects Wiz/RMP/L&O will welcome you. Six posts a day and hang out with the small shots. Enjoy!
Arthur take a look at the latest stats.... [lol.gif] [lol.gif] [lol.gif]

My members and I, we are very happy with our six posts a day [sarcastic.gif] .... and we are NOT missing the prolific postings of Moby who helps now to keep your board afloat. Yes we have a small membership because I have never followed your tactics to go poaching members from other boards (still have your invitation from RWforums [tonque.gif]), as you have done in every board and especially on RWforums. One day I may go and dig some posts about your tactics and behaviour there! [sarcastic.gif]

Meanwhile taking about stats and big boards.......can you shed some light what happened to your board stats after you changed software? Looks that you lost 1000's of posts....after, according to our experts, your post count was recalculated, which means before all your previous stats were false.

Can you also shed some light to what happened to the RUA stats between the 8 - 10 January 2011?

I see a huge discrepancy in the figures because on the 6 Jan RUA had 37% less posts than RWD. On the 8 Jan 30% less and then on the morning of the 10 Jan RWD made 169 posts and RUA a whopping of 429 posts NOW running neck to neck! [surprised.gif]

Arthur Daley, if you want to reply to the above comments.... you know my email and your letter will be treated and published with utmost respect! [biggrin.gif]

My reply to Moby can be found here: viewtopic.php?p=8056#p8056

Post Number:#159  PostPosted: 11 Feb 2011 15:37 

Times_to_FSU: 7
wiz wrote:
You are bored because you are still single.......I don't think you really married because I haven't seen any photos...... and you went to Thailand for fun!

He's married...I saw the picture of him in his wedding dress. [happy.gif]

Turbo wrote:
Interesting post and it seems to me that it is right on. I do think sometimes they may flip between the stages and I think sometimes a very few members can have an effect on the personality of the board.

And right now the personality is all Andy. Ugh! The "you can't comprehend, backhanded insult, talk down to you" board.

Post Number:#160  PostPosted: 11 Feb 2011 15:44 
Admin

froid wrote:
wiz wrote:
You are bored because you are still single.......I don't think you really married because I haven't seen any photos...... and you went to Thailand for fun!

He's married...I saw the picture of him in his wedding dress. [happy.gif]

I haven't seen any photos, despite that he previously posted a few of his human heater, as he refers to his other half!

I want evidence in public or private! [wink.gif]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next