All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hello . . . It's good to have found you people . . .
Post Number:#21  PostPosted: 02 Feb 2011 23:32 
Expert Member

Her/His Country: Uzbekistan
Times_to_FSU: 8 and I hope the last!
AndyRam wrote:
The primary mail server was actually located here in the UK registered to and address in Manchester.

Andrew

Ermm... Wiz no armchair thoughts on who may be behind this scam? [sarcastic.gif]

Post Number:#22  PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011 00:34 
Admin

Her/His Country: Russia
RW_here_since: July 2008
Times_to_FSU: Too many to remember
Donhollio wrote:
AndyRam wrote:
The primary mail server was actually located here in the UK registered to and address in Manchester.

Andrew

Ermm... Wiz no armchair thoughts on who may be behind this scam? [sarcastic.gif]

You have a very suspicius mind Don! [sarcastic.gif]

Post Number:#23  PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011 22:19 

Her/His Country: Russia/UK
Times_to_FSU: Quite a few now !!!
Well my new freinds, I see you already have suspicions as to where this has originated from and yes I spent a liitle emotional real estate but no hard cash.

Even at this stage I could have felt sorry for the writer of the 'letters' had I not done the search. I have learned an important lesson and no doubt there will be more before I finish this journey. I hope it doesn't mean I will now teat all contacts with suspicion. It does take the edge off things a little ;-)

Here is a copy of the text of the final letter. I have edited the more personal sections but you will get the message and how the dialouge runs. Note references to danger and imagine how I felt that the 'sweet girl' had witnessed a violent event close to her home only a few days previously, that we had earlier talked about . . . . in some depth . . . !!!

<Yes unfortunately my city is not safe. Especially in the evening year. I do not know, that now with that woman. It is terrible to think, if she is dead. I hope, that with that woman everything is all right. I am grateful to you for your anxiety. It means, that I am not indifferent to you. I do not doubt, that you would give me your protection. I promise to be very cautious when I go home. I went to travel agency to learn, that it is required to me for travel to you. The tourist agent has told, that the best variant for me will arrive to you under the tourist permit. There to me have told, that that I could arrive to you, it is necessary for me to make the passport for travel abroad, to take place medical examination, to make the visa both other documents and inquiries. To me have told, that all it for me can make travel agency in a current of 7-10 days. Whether I have taken an interest I can make independently these documents. To me have told, if I do it independently it will occupy much more time, and I will spend twice more money. Also to me have told, that for reception of the visa it is necessary for me to go to embassy of your country in the city of Moscow. I should fill the questionnaire for reception of the visa and pass interview. Also I will need to pay consular gathering. All it will cost 430 pounds. For me it is very expensive and I do not have such big money. I do not receive on the work of such big money. To me very bitterly to realise, that I cannot see you in live, embrace you and go, holding each other for hands. To me it is sad that I cannot give you my kisses and embraces. And to show all my feelings to you. How to us now to be? What to me to do? I hope, that you can answer these questions. It is very important to me to know your opinion concerning it. I will wait for your answer. All my thoughts only about you.
You is a lot of kisses and embraces, Nastya>

Ok guys, I'll move on and see what 'trouble' I can get into next time . . . Just one thing comes to mind . . . 'Caveat emptor' . . . Not that I look at this as some kind of 'purchase' . . . I have no intentions of giving up on this search [wink.gif]

Thank for all advice etc.

Andrew

Post Number:#24  PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011 22:31 
Veteran Member

Times_to_FSU: Too many (some would say)
Well the good news Andrew is that you have bought some experience without spending any money. Many guys would have sent the dosh and only afterwards would have realised what had happened.

Next time you will be a tad wiser and the time after even more. To put it into perspective, I am so wise now that I delete most letters before I receive them. [thumbs.gif]

Now ... I thought scamming only happened in Ukraine. [read.gif]

Post Number:#25  PostPosted: 04 Feb 2011 00:05 
Admin

Vinnvinny wrote:
Well the good news Andrew is that you have bought some experience without spending any money. Many guys would have sent the dosh and only afterwards would have realised what had happened.

Now ... I thought scamming only happened in Ukraine. [read.gif]

Have you missed reading this post?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1067

A very sophisticated operation my friend Vinnvinny.... in Yoskar ola! [biggrin.gif]

Post Number:#26  PostPosted: 04 Feb 2011 09:30 
Veteran Member

Her/His Country: Russia/Holland
RW_here_since: 2005
Times_to_FSU: 5
Do not think this is the last letter, unless you have written a very clear letter.

In the near future she will lend money from her family to got to Moscow, arrive there and get robbed.

Post Number:#27  PostPosted: 04 Feb 2011 23:16 

RW_here_since: She lives in Russia
Times_to_FSU: Ya ne mogu soschitatʹ
Shadow wrote:
Do not think this is the last letter, unless you have written a very clear letter.

In the near future she will lend money from her family to got to Moscow, arrive there and get robbed.

. [accept.gif] [bravo.gif] .

And then after you have paid for her visa and her travel tickets she will be arrested as she is "attempting" to leave Russia and she will have to pay a very large bribe to avoid having to go prison.

On a different note.

If a lady that appears to be genuine does not want you to visit her first then suggest meeting her in either Moscow or St Petersburgh.
The reason that I say this is because some Russians live in conditions that are quite desperate and I do know of at least one genuine lady that did not want to meet in her home town because she was actually ashamed of her living conditions

I emphasise nothing to do with this lady, this lady is a scammer and she is only after your money.

Post Number:#28  PostPosted: 22 Feb 2011 03:01 

Times_to_FSU: Quite a few now !!!
Hi guys,

I am back again, after quite a few other 'letters' I will agree, carefully does it. The comments about 'being wiser next time' are so true. Thanks to all of you.

On a brighter side I have also been writing to a lady in the Amur. For a while now. She asks questions and I give replys, I ask questions and she gives replys. I have even found some of her freinds who she recognises and knows. Sometimes we refer to questions asked from either of us from some time back.

Here is a clip from a mail a while back . . . I will keep her identity and exact location to myself, as gentlemen should . . . I hope she isn't watching this forum . . . hihi . . . but hey, my dear xxxxxxx, if you are watching please tell me, this is all for the good of those who are searching ;-)

<Hi Andrew,

to tell the truth , you shocked me with your pictures! Wow...Nadezhda and Oleg! I know them very well! Nadezhda is a school teacher and I worked at school for xx years in xxxxx. Now I've changed my work you know. We are not friends but we greet each other when we meet and speak sometimes. Oleg's native city is xxxxxx where was my father from and where I raised. In the early 90th some teachers, Nadezhda and me worked as guides with a group of xxxxxxxx. Nadezhda is a very nice woman and her English is much better then mine. I respect her very much!

The Hotel with blue walls doesn't exist now - it's a Chinese mini-market now there. I recognized our music school and a park. As for the hat's shop, there are a lot of them in xxxxxxxx. Wow! The world is really small! Tell me please how did you get to know Nadezhda and Oleg?

As for your friend and a woman from Australia, I am glad for them.I believe in the internet meetings because I know examples also. I've lost 10 years living alone. But I had a reason not to think about my private life - my sons were with me.

You surprised me with your letter today
Bye for now.
Hugs.
xxxx>

A very nice (edited) reponse to a little bit of my research on xxxxx and her town . . . I'll be picking your brains about visa's shortly.

We are getting to know each other quite well and in daily contact, despite the +9 hrs between us, both phone and e-mail.

Wish me luck guys, we are developing a wonderful freindship [thumbs.gif]

No more cut and paste letters . . . I have seen enough of those ;-)

Andrew

Post Number:#29  PostPosted: 22 Feb 2011 04:19 
Admin

Hi Andy

Nice to see you back and hear your news..... 9h+ she must be living in Vladivostok.......

Oh well any time you need help about visa etc... just ask.

PS: Now i understand why you are up so late..... [biggrin.gif]

Post Number:#30  PostPosted: 22 Feb 2011 04:37 
Expert Member

RW_here_since: Nov 2011
Times_to_FSU: 10+
AndyRam wrote:
Wish me luck guys, we are developing a wonderful freindship [thumbs.gif]

Andrew

Andrew,

Luck is needed in all relationships and especially international ones. So, the best of luck to you!

wicheese

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next